Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Very Vintage Christmas!!

Happy Wednesday Friends!!  I'm almost done with my decorating & will be finished with it all tonight--then the clean up begins, packing boxes away & the not-so fun stuff, lol!  After this week & weekend I just might collapse for a few days, hee hee--Saturday is my Holiday Open House (details below) and then Sunday we are making a huge Gingerbread House at our local golf club resort which is always fun!  And don't you just love the Hallmark Channel during the holidays--so many cute & festive movies to watch, we have it on every nite (I've even converted the kids & now they watch too, lol)!  I can't wait for this weekend's "Debbie Macomber movie called Ms. Miracle"on Hallmark--love her books, always so happy!!

What kind of holiday plans do you all have this month?  We have a few dinners and I'm hosting a ladies cocktail hour and one weekend we're going to National Harbor to the Gaylord Hotel/Resort to see "ICE"--a ice & winter wonderland all handcarved by artisans from China so we're excited about that!!



NewsBitz:

-Make sure & scroll to the end to see some Holiday Picture Funnies of my 2 doggies, they're sure to give you a lil' giggle!! :o)

-I will be having a Crafter's Holiday Open House this Saturday, December 5th at my home from noon until 5 pm!! If you are in the area & would like to come I'd love to have you---just a fun way to meet other crafters nearby, chat & have some holiday sweets! I will be having a Mitten/Hat Giving Tree, so if you'd like to bring a hat and/or mittens for a child under age 12 that would be fab! I will be donating all of them to the local Shelter for Domestic Violence Sufferer's Children! I will also be having some fabulous raffles (gift certificates & stamps to all your fave stores) If you think you'd like to come just email me and let me know, and I can send you my addy!! It's sure to be a fun time--so just drop by for an hour or three!!

************************
A Vintage Christmas


I was so excited to get all the new holiday stamps in from Diana at Magnolia-licious from the "So Snowy, So Jolly, & Mistletoe" Collections.  So today I've created 2 projects for you using the same vintage color schemes.  This first card uses the fabulous Magnolia holiday patterned papers and this cute "Jolly Wreath Tilda" HERE.  I distressed all my papers with Ranger's "Old Paper" Distress Ink (a must have color) and used my MS border punch to create the lovely border. I just so love that old-fashioned music paper--me lovee it, hee hee!



Tilda was colored with Copics and then I added "Vintage Christmas" Flower Soft to her holly wreath--love the colors of this mix.  I created my bow with my Bow Easy, added some Stickles and some pearls (in Chino color) to finish it off.  I just love the feel of this holiday card!!

*******************************
December Magnolia-licious Sketch Project


So this month's December Magnolia-licious DT Sketch project is to create projects that are any shape but a square or rectangle & hosted by the very talented Cheryl Rowley!!  So I wanted to do something a lil' holiday festive so I  printed out a Christmas Tree clip-art image (that I resized in Photoshop) to use as my template--the card is attached at the top fold with Scor-Tape.  I covered the cs tree with some patterned paper by Memory Box--I just love these papers!!  I used this cutie pie "Unwrapped Tilda"--isn't she a real sweetie and perfect for perching underneath a fabulous Christmas Tree!  I attached her to the tree front with dimensionals.  The tree got a garland & bow topper of crinkly ribbon, some gold ornaments using Gold Bella Baubles and I used my stardust Stickles to glitter the dp circles up as well.  The sentiment is from PTI's "Holiday Tags" set and punched out with my SU Word Punch.


She got colored with Copics (E43,E41,E40,G99,G94,G40) and the reds I used were R29,R24,R22,R20 & to darken the reds a bit to match the darker red in my papers I went over the R20 with W3.  Of course she got Stickle-fied--gotta have some bling on Christmas right?!!

Now make sure and head over to the Magnolia-licious Highlites Blog HERE to see the rest of the DT's fabulous Shaped-Cards and to find out how you can join in the fun!!

And I leave you with a few holiday pics of my doggies---yes, I do like to torture them a bit for my own enjoyment, LOL!  They just dread me pulling out the Santa hats, hee hee!   I'll have some fun pics of my cats dressed up this week too--I've got a Santa outfit for them this year that I just know they'll LOVE (not)!! LOL


This is my Baylee (the baby at 2 years old)--she HATES anything on her body so she had to put on her sad face, hee hee!!

 
And this is my Casey (she's gonna be 9 in January)--she's used to it by now & just puts up with me now--she's saying "Just take the dumb picture lady so I can go back to sleep"!!!

35 comments:

  1. Stunning cards Suzanne, you are so incredibly talented. I love your pic of Baylee, she is such a cutie. We have 2 beagles and last year we had an elf outfit for them, including boots. It was definately a site to see. Needless to say, they weren't too happy about it. The things we humans make our four legged friends do. lol. xo Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne, both cards are fabulous. Love the colours and the vintage look. I like the effect of the flower soft--must learn how to use that.
    Every time you mention having one of your open houses, I wish I live closer so I can pop over for a visit. Can't wait to see pictures of your 10 Christmas trees. Adorable pics of Casey and Bailee.

    Hugs.
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS cards girlfriend! the pups are too cute - actually saw cat outfits the other day and considered it briefly and then thought better of it!
    hugs
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. STUNNING cards Suzanne, love the Tildas and Casey and Bailee are just too cute, hope you have a fun open house, I wish I lived closer to you I'd be there in a heart beat!!

    Hugs,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzanne, your cards are awesome! I LOVE both of them. I'm wondering if I should have ordered the Winter and Christmas from the stamp club because I don't think they've even shipped yet. By the time they come, I may not get to use them, or some of them. Your cards are so cute. Your puppies look like my Molly, who is a Cairn. Is that what yours are because they look just like her. I should try the hat on her. :) Wish I could come to your Open House - what fun. Maybe next year the whole DT should come!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new Tildas are fantastic!!! Love both of the cards. And Baylee and Casey are just adorable.
    Can't wait to see the kittys and your trees.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous projects today - love the tree-shaped card and how you used the Magnolia DP!

    The pics of your dogs are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome cards Suzanne! I'm still waiting for my Christmas Tilda's to arrive - it's so late now. I love your tree shaped card. Just delightful...hugs...Barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your puppies are so cute! I want one (don't think the cats would be too happy though). These cards are absolutely beautiful! I love Tilda with the flowersoft wreath - she is beautifully colored and I love the music paper behind her. Your Christmas tree card is stunning! What a wonderful idea - would love to see that in my mailbox too! :o)
    hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  10. Suzanne HOW CAU-TE!!!!!! The sheped tree card is beautiful oh my gosh BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVED HOW YOU COLORED HER! oH AND tilda holding the wreath how adorable is she i like the flower soft on it.great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this cute tree card and the awesome use of flowersoft on the other!! Great coloring of course (no surprise for me!)LOL!
    I also just adore your cute furbabies too!!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow - two amazing creatings, i just love them- quite fabulous!! Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh Sweetie, both of these cards are stunning!! So beautifully colored! I particularly love your tour wreath Tilda...love the flower soft! LOL! ;) heehee!

    You pups are so cute!! Orla and I went to the mall last week and she wanted to play with a puppy in the pet store...she chose a cairn terrier and I thought of you. That little guy was SO STINKIN' ADORABLE!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two magnificent cards today, Suzanne!! Beautifully done.
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both cards are gorgeous, Suzanne. LOVE that tree shaped card and the layout of the first card is fabulous! Your poochies are soooo cute! LOL! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love both your cards, so creative and the use of flower soft on the wreath. I haven't gotten any yet. Maybe I'll get money to support my addiction for Christmas. And what would we do without our little four legged children, just precious

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the Tilda card with the wreath! Do I ever know those Cairn expressions! And your captions are perfect. I don't think my 3 Cairns would even put up with a hat. I have a friend who dresses her Cairn, Fiona, all the time. Fiona has a closet full of clothes! Connie - mom to Max, Rosie and Katie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh, GORGEOUS!!!....especially the tree! Mmmm mmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  19. B-utiful cards, but I must say I got a chuckle out of your fur babies in hats. Sweeet!! :) Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your cards Suzanne! Your
    puppies are tooooo cute. Thanks
    for sharing your talent with us.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just love those Tilda stamps and you make them rock! As for your puppies...I am NOT a little dog lover at all, but they are darling I do say !!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can't wait to see pictures of the house and those 10 trees!

    ReplyDelete
  23. GORGEOUS cards Suzanne! I am so in love with both of your Tildas and the tree card is beyond amazing hun! WOW! Love the doggies too...they are so cute!!!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love that vintage look! The Magnolia DPs are yummy aren't they? Your card is so beautiful, I wish it had my snail addy on it LOL! Baylee and Casey are so cute! Can't wait to see your cats! Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  25. Both cards are beautiful! I luv the music notes paper. The tree card is amazing. You did a great job on both cards.

    ou dogs are soooooooo cute!!!

    xoxo,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  26. :) You certainly always make me smile! Those dog pics are tooo funny! What little cuties they are. And your cards are GORGEOUS! You never cease to amaze me with your creativity. Awesome, awesome, awesome! hugz, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, these cards are stunning Suzanne, The Tildas are adorable, I love shaped cards. Casey and Bailee are just so cute. Hugs Jodie from Oz

    ReplyDelete
  28. What fabulous cards!!! I love vintage cards and yours is wonderful but I just LOVE that tree card - it is stunning.
    Hugs, Karen A

    ReplyDelete
  29. I just love all the dp you used. Love the card and flower soft for the wreath. Great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Just adorable Suzanne!!! Love your cards, such beautiful work you do. Your dogs are too cute! Can't wait to see your kitties, they can be such spoil sports!! Mine just plants her head and attempts to tear off "whatever" with her hind feet! Wish I could be at your open house....Enjoy!
    Cynde

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a great card Suzanne! I love the way you put the flower soft on it, , I never heard of it before (just read it in the Magnolia-Ink magazine an hour ago), it looks so real!! I also love your dog, he's so cute with the christmas hat on!! I can almost see him thinking "why me..." lol! Have fun at the open house!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love, love, love the cards, Suzanne! AMAZINGLY beautiful!!!!!!
    Huggies ~
    Sharron ♥

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover