Thursday, December 17, 2009

Blog Hop--Star, Starry Night!!

Hello everyone & Happy December 17th!!  Christmas spirit is in the air, can you see it, can you smell it--is it putting a smile on your face today!?  I sit every evening and enjoy the glow from the Christmas trees, the smell of potpurri on the stove, have a cup of cocoa (with lots of whipped cream on top) and just breathe a little---helps me calm down from the craziness that can appear in the season ya know.  So I hope you take a small 'breather' to enjoy the season as well--it only comes once a year and it goes by so very fast!

********************************


Mo's Dream Team Blog Hop

Today I have a special New Year's project to share with you as part of Mo's Digital Pencil Dream Team Blog Hop!  This month I'm the hostess and I chose pop-up cards as our theme and Mo so kindly made us a special image to use called "Reach for the Stars".  It's a little New Years baby but the image is so very versatile--for celebrations, new babies, Christmas, etc.!!  So I'm the start of the Blog Hop & at the bottom of this post you'll find the Blog Hop List and who to go visit next!


I decided instead of just a pop-up card that I would create an Explosion or Magic Box that has pop-ups inside for a special New Years treat!  You can find instructions for this HERE (mine is different as I cut out the corner triangles & made it a 9" square)--really easy to make and the inside is up to you, so many beautiful ways you can decorate it!


And this is what happens when you pull the lid off!! SURPRISE!! hee hee  The beautiful "Reach for the Stars" image takes center stage and stars pop-out all around him!  The stars spring with lil' acetate springs-- I used  (overhead) transparencies as my acetate & die-cut a circle out of it, cut it in a spiral and then attached each end to a side of the box.  Then I attached punched-out stars (with stickles on top of course) and lil gem stars--the springing stars use acetate as well but hang freely like shooting stars!


I added a star to his hand as well and glittered it up (the image includes stars but I had cut them off)--I cut a slit thru the dp to attach the main image so it looks nice and clean.  All the dp is from K&Co's "Blue Awning" paired with SU cs and the image was colored with Copics!


My kids just loved this lil' box when I showed it to them---not much wows them nowadays, so that was kind of a cool response from them :o)  I think anyone getting this would just love it and they're not hard to do at all (I will definitely be making more)!


This is the top of the box---I added some more stickled stars and some swirls with my Swirl punch (buy here).  The entire project got a nice spritzing of Smooch Spritz in Gold--a nice & soft shimmer, perfect for a starry night!


I created the sentiment on my computer (yes, I came up with it myself, hee hee)--stamped around it with my "Vintage Labels" set from PTI and then cut out with my Labels 1 Nestabilities.  You can see the soft shimmer of the Gold Smooch Spritz on this realy well.  I hope you liked my project today & hope it inspires you to try out one of these fun boxes for yourself!  And don't forget to stop by the store to check out all of Mo's fabulous digi images HERE!!   Now next on the HOP is LORI!!


Blog Hop Order:
-Suzanne (me, duh, hee hee)
-Lori
-Shell
-Elaine
-Cheryl
-Mina
-Mel
-Kerttu

Enjoy the hop!  And if you have time make sure and stop by Mo's Challenge Team blog to see their Challenge projects for the month and join in on the fun HERE!
See ya back here tomorrow!!

58 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Suzanne! I've been wanting to make one of these since I saw Kim Teasdale's, but just haven't had the time yet. It works BEAUTIFULLY with this image!! Love, love, love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! This is a stunner. I love how you colored the image and the stars that spring out of the box. Very inventive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous project! Love the wonderful, perfectly matched paper and those pop our stars are genius!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Suzanne
    A gorgeous project,
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Suzanne, stunning!!!!!
    Very, very pretty,
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. definately has the Wow factor. It is wonderful, very inspirational. hugs Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Suzanne...I agree with everyone this certainly has the WOW factor!! Love the coloring, the paper and the stars. Wonderful surprise when you open this box!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable. Great job, Suzanne.

    ReplyDelete
  9. absolutely gorgeous. really. wow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply astounding! I'd take a breath with a cocoa, but you've left me breathless with your creative genius. heehee. ;o) Seriously show-stopping! I'll have to get brave enough try one of these sometime! Happy Holiday Hugs, mel

    ReplyDelete
  11. omgosh...it's fabulous!! I love these boxes anyway...and you've made a masterpiece!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Suzanne, this is pretty impressive. Lovely colors and construction, great way to showcase Mo's adorable image.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Suzanne,Love this explosion box
    it is so beatiful.
    Linda W.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowza...that is one amazing box! It really captures the feeling of the new year!! Fun hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow again Suzanne, this most certainly has loads of WOW FACTOR!!!, it's stunning!!.
    Hugs
    Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow!! I love this and will be "lifting" it. The sentiment is pretty awesome, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this box,image and the stars,amazing,now I have to make my own...lol...x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic Box!! I just Love it! How long did it actually take to finish?
    hugs, Gina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! This is so awesome!! I love pop-ups and this explosion box and the darling image and the stars exploding are fantastic!!! I've got to try this one for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nice job!
    I just wish to get one too for Christmas :)
    Wishing you the Blessings of the Season.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, that is terrific! Everything about it is just right - the glitter, the "springy" stars, the colors, etc. Beautiful! And, it is nice to be able to wow your teenage daughter, isnt'? ;-) (I have a 15 year old of my own!)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your project is super! Wonderful shape and colours.
    Hugs Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  23. Suzanne, this is fantastic. I love this box. What a great coloring job and the pop ups are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is amazing! I can't believe the wonderful things people come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow Suzanne this is amazing, beautifuly coloured and made
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. this is very cuuute! I like the matched paper colors!

    ReplyDelete
  27. SO gorgeous!!! I LOVE it!!! you did a super great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. SO gorgeous!!! I LOVE it!!! you did a super great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Stunning!!! It's fabulous Suzanne ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  30. Suzanne, this is wonderful and the image works wonderfully with the box. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Amazing! My jaw dropped when I saw the open box.

    Smiles!
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  32. Now there's a present that will stop them in their tracks. Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow, this is so pretty, I love your box!

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is stunning! You did an awesome job on this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Suzanne, This is absolutely a stunning creation, I love everything about it and can't wait to try one of these little beauties. I wanted to take the opportunity to thank you so much for sharing your talent, I have learnt so much from your Copic tutorials your wonderful templates, your inspiration and as busy as you are all your kind comments on our blogs. I hope your mini vacation in New York is wonderful and wishing you & your family a very happy special Christmas & New Year. Thank you thank you thank. Sending Christmas hugs from Australia with a little ray of sunshine. hugs Jodie from Oz

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful, Suzanne :D How FUN!!! I'm thinkin I must try this one too!
    Love and hugs ~ Lori

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is amazing!! Love it. So very creative and magical.

    Kylie xo

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow!! Fabulous idea!! This is just perfect for the new year! Love this!!
    Hugs
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  39. Fantastic - thats a must try!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  40. Fabulous prject - I love it!
    Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  41. oh. my. goodness!!! This is WOW! This is PULCHRITUDINOUS! You always amaze me. I sincerely mean that. PS-have a good time in NY (you'll only be 5 hours away from me!)

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a creat creation. You just blow me away every day with you projects. Thanks for that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. This is such an incredible project, Suzanne -- absolutely stunning! Thanks for sharing your talent with all of us! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Holy Cow, this is fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Awesome box Suzanne!!!! Love the the way it sticks out!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. This is the most amazing and beautiful magic box! I love it! You have created a wonderful project!

    Barbara Diane

    ReplyDelete
  47. Oh Suzanne!
    I have never seen anything like this before!!! I can't believe how the stars pop up!!! How smart you are!!! It is absolutely DELIGHTFUL!!
    Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us.
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  48. This is so fantastic. Just love it, you are so clever. Thanks for sharing with us

    ReplyDelete
  49. This is fantastic and so much fun. Who would enjoy opening it over and over! Wonderful

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover