Sunday, December 13, 2009

Gina K "Card Club Kit" Blog Hop!!

Good evening my friends!  I usually post in the mornings but tonight is a special Gina K Card Club Blog Hop put on by the DT!  So lots of fun stuff for you this Sunday evening!  I was so lucky & super thrilled to be asked to be on this DT--what an honor since I admire Gina so much.  She's so kind, talented and I admire her a lot both as a person & a business woman!!

Now you're asking what is the Card Club Kit right?  Well Gina K & Jessica Fick will have special card kits available for purchase that go along with the new stamp sets for each release.  These kits (see HERE) have pre-cut cardstock, card base and ribbons included along with step-by-step directions on how to make the card featured for the kit!  So kinda a one-stop shop--you can buy the stamp set and then buy the card kit and VOILA you've got all the makings for 4 beautiful cards!  Fabulous huh!!  And there is alot of fun coming with these card kits so stay tuned!!

***************************

This message is by our DT leader Jessica Fick:

Welcome to our very first GinaK Card Kit Club blog hop!
We have assembled an amazingly talented group of designers who will be sharing some cards on their blogs tonight, based on December's Card Kits. For this month's hop, I've challenged each artist to design their projects using the same basic sketch and measurements of my class card, but to put their own personal touches on them adding whatever embellishments, patterned papers, etc. that they would like to use!
We know you're going to be thrilled with what each of them came up with for us!

Bev Gerard {Warm and Wonderful}
Colleen Schaan {Life is Good}
Sankari Wegman {Tech Talk}
Suzanne Dean {Warm and Wonderful}
Valerie Stangle {Lovely Shelf}

So let's get started!!


I absolutely adore this new stamp set called "Warm & Wonderful" by Rupa Shevde for Gina K--it has awesome winter images but also some very sweet sentiments that can be used for a lot of special occasions. (See the matching Card Club Kit for this stamp set HERE and see Inspiration Samples HERE)  For this first card I followed the original sketch by Jessica except I flipped it.  I love the sled image (I'm searching endlessly for a real antique sled that I can put on my porch but no luck yet) so I just had to use this one!

I colored with Copics (R29,R89,R24,R22,R20/C5,C3,C2) and then added stickles to the rails on the sled for sparkle.  The patterned paper is from Basic Grey's "Eskimo Kisses" which pairs up beautifully with Gina K's cs "Cranberry Tart" & "Green Apple" colors.  The striped embossing was done with my CB "Candy Cane" embossing folder and the shapes were all done with my Oval Nestabilities.  I colored the mittens from the set and cut them out---I cut off the string part of the image so I could attach some matching embroidery thread to them instead.  Then I just popped 'em up with dimensionals, added some stickles and finished off the card with a bow made with my Bow Easy.  A perfect winter card for a loved one or friend!!


My second card I just used the hot cocoa mug image---I LOVE hot cocoa in the winter, my favorite for sure!  I buy the bulk boxes of the gourmet mixes by Land O Lakes--so yummy & of course I have to have marshmallows AND whipped cream on top, LOL!  This time I followed the sketch a bit, but changed up my main image shape!  I stamped the cup image twice on my white cs in aqua and then stamped another image separately, colored it in with copics and then cut it out.  (copics used R89,R85,R83/E25,E31)  I traced the aqua mugs with stardust stickles for some sparkle, and then on the cut-out cup I added liquid applique to the marshmallows and heated it to puff them up & then smooshed them a little w/ my finger to make them more marshmallow looking, hee hee (make sure you do this first before adding diamond glaze or stickles to the image--trust me when I say it will melt them when you're heating it up--don't ask how I know this, LOL)!

Then I added a healthy coat of diamond glaze or you could use the Crystal Laquer that Gina sells HERE (does the same thing), to the cup for shine and added it w/ more dimensionals! I used a CB "Snowflakes" embossing folder on the white background and then added some stickles to the snowflakes for more sparkle, layered some more Gina K cs in "Ocean Mist" and wrapped it with a ribbon & bow.  I purposely left off a sentiment, so that this can be used for a get well, birthday or thank you card--perfect for many occasions!

Now if you're hopping along in order, up next is the very talented Valerie Stangle!  But if you're starting with me the hop list is above for you to follow!

Hope you have a wonderful holiday evening!!

26 comments:

  1. Wowza Suzanne! These both are just AMAzing, the coloring and colors you have used! LOVE them both!

    and is it snowing on your blog or am i seeing spots now too in my old age???.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Suzanne - I have to wipe the drool off my keyboard ... lol! Both of your cards are so amazing - how you colored that sled is just perfect, my Copic goddess!! And, I really like your cocoa packet - how fun!

    Thank you so much for all your inspiration tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun cards! I love the colors on the first one and those little marshmallows are adorable!!! GREAT cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowza, Suzanne!
    I'm ready to hop aboard that delightful sled and play in the snow! What a realistic bundle of fun! And the cocoa? Mmmmmmmmmm!! Awesome creations!

    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. FUN! and YUM! The sled is absolutely fantastic! And the mug of hot cocoa is so inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so fabulous! Your coloring is to die for! So glad you are on the team Suzanne!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh, your coloring is stunning! Both cards are beyond amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing cards, Suzanne. Wow. The color choices, the way you worked with the layouts. So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You must get this a lot on your comments, but here it is anyway because it's true :-)...Your coloring is just fantastic. Your cards are always a masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soo amazingly gorgeous!!!! OMGosh I ADORE the coloring of that sled!!! Just beautiful!!! And welcome to the Gina K. team!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, your coloring on that sled is incredible! LOOOOVE both cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your new DT w/ Gina K, Suzanne! I LOVE the sled, too and the mug is awesome, as well. beautiful cards-they are lucky to have you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards. Congratulations on joining Gina's design team.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the hot chocolate card! It reminded me of what my son, Matthew, called marshmellow when he was little. They were 'squarshpillows' to him for a couple of years. I always smiled when my cute little red head smiled and asked for more. How can you refuse? lol TFS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness....these cards are stunning! I actually got off your blog and then ordered the stamp set! I actually had to talk to someone at the company and she said you are so talented...I had to totally agree! That's why I ordered the stamp!!LOL
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! These cards are stunning wonderful coloring!! Welcome to the STV DT!! Geri from STV

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have beautiful coloring! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I always enjoy looking at your cards. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful cards. I am a great fan of your copic coloring and these cards are just stunning. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful projects! I especially like what you did with the hot chocolate image and how you made the cute little marshmallows!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These cards are lovely and your coloring is gorgeous. I don't know where you find the time to do all that you do. Amazing! hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just stunning! I love the coffee cup but that sled is just adorable! You tie the best bows! Sorry I've been gone for so long, but it won't be this long anymore.

    Congratulations on being on the GinaK Design Team! They're so lucky to have you!

    Big hugs to you,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  23. So happy for you...GinaK Design Team! WOW...Congratulations! Great cards!!!
    Jan Castle

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful cards as usual! I'm confused, though--did you use the actual kit on these cards?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow your cards are just beautiful and I just adore them. I will have to case these for sure. Thank you for sharing these with us.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover