Friday, April 13, 2012

Sass-i-licious!!

Happy TGIFriday to you all!  I will keep this short and sweet (or try at least, lol) cuz’ I got a house full of hackers—sicklies—and I have a sinus migraine that is ready to blow my head wide open!  Sure love spring but it brings a nasty, ugly visitor with it…yep pollen…and all the fun allergy suffering it brings!  So my eyes can only focus and my brain will only make sense for so long hahaha!

Ok so I leave next Thursday for San Jose, CA to teach (if you want to come to class I have a couple spots open) and I’ve decided to bring Alexa with me…oyyyy…LOL!  Nah her 16th birthday is on the 25th and she’s never really been to the West Coast…we flew over on our way to Maui last year…but never been to Cali.  So I told her she could come…we get in early Thursday and I’m gonna take her shopping and pool sitting lol.  Then on Friday we are meeting up with my friend Patricia (Paper Temptress) and are going to Santa Cruz, driving up to Monterey and Carmel…I’m so excited as I’ve always wanted to drive along the coast and Carmel is tops on my list.  Then I teach on Saturday and on Sunday I’m taking Alexa into San Francisco to do the touristy things I got to do last fall.  So it should be a lot of fun and I’m looking forward to it.  Then we fly home Monday afternoon…she’s been warned (as she well knows) that I get the window and I sleep half way…so she’s not to bug me LOL..no worries she’s used to my flying rules Winking smile  Then the following week is my birthday (May 3rd…but shhh I prefer to think I’m a Cinco de Mayo baby..heehee) and where am I going?  Yup…VEGAS baby!! LOL…oh trouble…trouble!  Naww I’m a good girl and I’m not a gambler so I will see a show and sit by pool and hang with some friends that will be there with me.  I also have a business meeting one day so I will be doing some work…some…but the rest will be play for 2 days…a treat to myself and to see some friends I haven’t seen in a long time.  So I’m excited..then I’ll be home for the weekend to celebrate with my family.  Anyone wanna come to Vegas…come celebrate with me on May 1st?? Girls only though hahahaha!

Alrighty, I am working hard today to finish all my chores & work! Yesterday I did a ton of spring cleaning and I’m sore but its good to get rugs cleaned, baseboards scrubbed and clutter put away but I’m SORE!  So more to do today, then a Zumba class for me & Alexa and Saturday some outside work.  BUT THEN I’M GONNA PLAY…with….my NEW Silhouette Cameo…yep I got one!  From a girl that NEVER used her Criut much….that darn thing would make me so mad & I’d get frustrated I finally just shoved it in my closet.  But all my friends & FB pals raved about their Silhouettes…so I researched it and I must say it appealed to me.  No more cartridges, you buy single images to cut, it cuts like butter, I can cut scanned images, and more.  So I went and ordered it and signed up for 2 online classes…so darn it I bettah love it!  I’ll let you know & if you see me using it on my projects you’ll know I love it LOL!  So Saturday I want to PLAY with it…I’ve warned hubby already hahaha!

****************************************************************

Sass-i-Licious!


Today some of the SCACD DT Gals are doing a fun Blog Hop just for fun…just because!  So we all broke out the NEW SCACD Susana Loves Stamp Lines “The Eyes of Beauty & Dreams Collection”.  I’m last on the hop so no more hopping to do, but to start at the beginning go to Danni’s Blog Here!  And make sure to stop by the store blog *HERE* to enter for a Mystery Prize..oohhhh!

Oh also stop by and see all the new, yummy papers SCACD has HERE (oh you will want a few I tell ya!)  Also some new Mixed Media goodies too HERE!

I'm entering this into the following fabulous challenges:

PaperPlay Challenges (wings) 
 Just Keep On Creating (anything goes)
My Time To Craft Challenge (fairies)
Art With No Boundaries (eyes have it) 




I used some beautiful papers by “   “ cuz I love the elegant black/white/yellow patterns!  This sassy gal is called “Sunny Eyes” and she was a ton of fun to color!  I used some dies to create the fun circle mats and then embossed some.  The yellow cs is embossed as well….my motto is “the more elements of texture the bettah”!    So that means some fun feathers…Vegas style baby…yayyy! LOL!  She’s colored with Copics and I added some Diamond Glaze to her eyes and sun pretties! The sentiment is from a PTI set stamped in white ink!

Ok you all have a fabulous weekend---see ya soon!

25 comments:

  1. Morning Suzanne,
    Alexia will have a fab time.
    i hope you have a great time.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors and the feathers and a special touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful as always Suzanne! Hope everyone is healthy soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your color choice! This card is so beautiful. Love the papers and love that store(SCACD). You got me hooked on it. Your cards are always fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear the pollen is giving you fits. When you do learn the Silhouette please tell us how it compares to Cricut. Have heard rave reviews from users and would love to hear what you think. Get better...must be WELL for Vegas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. Love the yellow and black and the feathers are a great touch

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you're feeling better.

    Your card is gorgeous. Great coloring of Sunny Eyes, plus the design, paper choices, and embellishments are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhh...Monterey has the absolute BEST aquarium! Just saying!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving the color scheme of this card!! Marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooohhh ... I've been wanting a Cameo, even though I already have an Expression and an Imagine. What online classes are you taking?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, Suzanne! Your coloring is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love the drama your colouring has added to the card. Just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card. Love the feathers! Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful and so sexy... You MUST share how the Silhouette works out for you. I, too, have the darn Cricut and a zillion cartridges and used it twice..oh let's add in the Gypsy, too. I am thinking along the same lines... Can't wait to hear from you. Online classes??? Do share! xxx Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you are feeling back on track soon. Did you happen to catch Luke Bryan on CBS last night (Fri)? He was awesome. Love his smile. :) Get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. oooh Vegas how fabulous. Gorgeous glam card x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would also like to know which online Silhouette classes you are taking. I have a Cricut and got the Silhouette for Christmas and I LOVE IT!It really does cut like butter. The downloads are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A stunner as always, Suzanne! Your coloring always rocks! and I love hearing about your travel adventures! and misadventures, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great card. Have fun in Cali and Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so fun! I love the colors and those feathers are such a neat addition!

    Have a great time in Cali and Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card! =)
    Thanks for joining us at Art With No Boundaries!
    Hugs, Elenor DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. She has beautiful eyes & your colouring is stunning! Thanks for joining us at Art With No Boundaries for our "The Eyes Have It" Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thats one very elegant fairy! I love my Cameo too! Are you in the A Cut Above online class? Thats a fun class going on now and they are going to cover the Cameo :)
    Thanks for playing along at My Time To Craft!

    ReplyDelete
  24. hi Suzanne,

    this card is really beautiful, I love the perfectly coloured main image and all the beautiful papers you have used on the card, just gorgeous.

    Have an awesome time with your class and your daughters birthday. Wishing you a very happy birthday as well, have an awesome time in Vegas,I really want to go back to Vegas one day.

    Thanks so much for entering your card at Anything goes, Just keep on creating. I hope you will continue to play along :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover