Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Whose Got Pride?

Hi everyone and a Happy Wednesday to you!  How are you all doing?  We spent a few days in Charleston, SC visiting Fort Sumter, some ghost hunts and the Aquarium and YES shopping of course!  I hope you had a fabulous holiday yesterday if you are here in the States too!  We had a great 4th of July hanging out at the beach, then having dinner at Alexander’s (which I highly recommend) and then we biked over to the harbor for ice cream (yay) and fireworks which is always fun!  I’ll have some pictures and more stories for you on Friday.  Its our last few days at the beach and I’m trying to soak it all up and really enjoy it.  We are off to kayak in the inlets and refuge today with a guide which will be super fun---can’t wait!  And I apologize for such a short post but the internet at the house is spotty tonight and I’m afraid if I don’t hurry I won’t get this posted and ready for the morning---egads!  So I’ll have more stories and such for ya soon---no worries!

NewsBitz:

-Only a few more days left to join in on the CMC Challenge and win a great prize!  Check the challenge out, it ends on Friday and then we’ll have a new one for ya! Everyone is welcome to join the Challenge Group and join us!!

-7 Kids has Copic Wallets BACK IN STOCK HERE!  If you’ve been waiting for one, run and get yours now!  I carry my own copics in the 72 wallet and just love it!

**************************************************************

Who’s Got Pride?

P1110491_edited-1

Today I’m sharing a project with you for the NEW 7 Kids Challenge!  Yep I’ve challenged the team to use their Red, White & Blue and yes the holiday is over but it’s never too late to show your pride in the US or just use the colors because they are FUN and SUMMERY together---very nautical too!  I used another fabulous Sarah Kay stamp for my project---I just adore these gals with their pets!

I'm entering this into the following fun challenges:
Papertake Weekly (anything goes)
Use It Tuesday (red, white & blue and hoarded supplies)
my hoarded supplies--umm everything LOL but really scraps and pearls!!
Craft Your Passion (anything goes)
ICopic Challenge (red, white & blue)
Paper Creations Ink (red, white & blue)
Make It Monday (anything goes)

P1110484_edited-1

This Sarah Kay image is called “Marguerite taking Ruben for a Walk” and I just think she’s MOD FABULOUS!  Love the rockin’ 70’s vibe clothes, LOL and she was fun to color too!  The papers are a mix of scraps (yep I’m trying to use scraps up) and I embossed the red cs with a CB embossing folder.  The white die is from Marianne Designs that I cut in half and then added them to each corner of the image for fun.  I also like to skew my papers and cs a bit on the white background for a fun, casual look---shakes things up a bit!  Some large pearls, a PTI sentiment and PTI ribbon finish it off.

P1110485_edited-1

Marguerite & Ruben got colored up with Copics R27,R24,R22,R20 / B28,B24,B21 / C1,C00 / E11,E00 / E35,YR24, YR20 /W3,W1,W00.  And I made her shirt polk-dotted by using my red Copic Spica pen and then shading with my C Copics for the white shirt.  Stardust Stickles were added to the shirt and dog color for some blingety-bling!  To shade around the image I used my fave Ranger Inkssentials Blending Tool with Bashful Blue SU inkpad.

Enjoy your week!!




17 comments:

  1. What a neat image--love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty card!!!! adorable image!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card Suzanne,I love the image and the colours.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable card, Suzanne, perfect for the 4th!

    So glad you're having a great time with your family and shopping, of course!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute, Suz! I think I had an outfit just like that back in the day. Headband & all. LOL
    Love the fun colors too.
    Enjoy the rest of your vacay.
    Huggies ~
    Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kind of unique image for me-neat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello there .Super adorable image .Love the colours , the papers the diecuts and the embossing . That could mean that I LOVE the card .Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday ..

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous card Suzanne,very pretty and the image is very cute too
    thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week
    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suzanne... I love your card! That image is awesome and so is your coloring of course! I am so privileged that you decided to join us at Paper Creations Ink! I hope your vacation is going really well, it sounds wonderful and well not quite relaxing... but very eventful and fun! Have a wonderful weekend! Happy Creating! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! Thank you for sharing your make with us at Make It Monday!

    Mary J x

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous card, love all the layers! thanks for playing with us at Use It Tuesday :)))

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG.. super cute card, love the image, layout and colour combo.

    Thanks for sharing your creation with Make It Monday.
    Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card, so glad that you stopped by to play Thanks for Joining us at Paper Creations Ink

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful card Suzanne thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Suzanne - this is such a wonderful card and I love everything about it. Your coloring is out of this world and I honored that you joined us here at PCI's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous! I love the coloring of the image and those white diecuts behind the image. I also love that cuttlebug folder and might have to go check it out for myself! Thanks so much for playing at Use it Tuesday this week! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Suzanne - I love your card LO!!! Thank you for joining us at Paper Creations Ink!! Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover