Thursday, July 24, 2008

Take a Break!



Good Thursday morning everyone! It's almost weekend time again--yippee! I don't know what our plans are today--just depends on the weather. It's been really stormy here the past 3 days, we need the rain, but I've had enough--I NEED the sun!! I'm getting grumpy from lack of sunlight :( Not good for Suzanne's MOJO, ya know.

Ok, enough mopin', onto the card of the day. I made this for two challenges again--how 'bout that for killin' 2 birds w/ one card (or however that goes-ha ha)!! I love combining challenges with one card, frees me up to make more! This is for the MFT sketch challenge #40 over on SCS and another Dirty Girl challenge by Texas Jody on SCS. For Jody's challenge you had to base your entire card on ribbon--I have never done this before evah!! But I gotta tell ya' I liked doing it--I've had this ribbon for awhile so I really wanted to use it with this bathtub image from MFT called "Take a Break-by Annie LaPointe". I love this striped, vintage bathtub filled with lilacs--too cute! I bought this paper a few weeks ago by ATD called "story of us"--I really like the black, cream & gray blues in the dp and it matched perfectly with this ribbon from Michaels. The image is colored with Copics and I stamped the lilacs twice. The second set I tilted and popped up w/ dimensionals to make the tub look extra filled up w/ flowahs. I added a few stickles for some sparkle too. After coloring I coated the tub w/ Diamond Glaze for shine (in my picture it's not fully dried so you'll see a couple of small bubbles--they're gone now)! I used my nesties for the circle cutouts and there is basically just alot of layering and popping w/ dimensionals. I added these small black corner brackets from ClubScrap--I liked the Victorian touch they add to the vintage tub image. I wrapped the ribbon around and tied it off & its done--didn't take long at all. I think a bunch of these would make a great gift set for someone special--don't we all need to take a break occasionally (at least I do)!!

Well, I hope you liked it and I hope you all have a great day! Talk with ya' tomorrow--
Suzanne

MFT stamp "Take a Break", ATD dp "story of us", SU cs, PTI vanilla cs, nestabilities, dimensionals, Michaels ribbon, Copics, Diamond Glaze, Club Scrap brackets



4 comments:

  1. How lovely - such a calming relaxing card which would bring a smile to anyones face :)

    Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an awesome job on this, such detail girl! I love it.
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the shine and sparkle!!

    Take a look at my blog, there is something there for you...

    Hugs,
    :) Irina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card, the details are brilliant, i especially like how you have used accents on the bath tub...great colour combination. hugs rach.xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover