Thursday, July 10, 2008

Good Old Countrytime!





Happy Thursday fellow stampers! Hope your week has been a good one so far! I should be upstairs packing but instead I'm still holed up in my craft room--I hate to pack & I really wait to do it. I've made all my lists, so I can just blow thru the house and round up everything--I have it down to a science now & it should only take me an hour...so in the meantime I'm finishing up some projects so you all have some "eye candy" this weekend while I'm gone. I don't want anyone missing me too much-lol!! We are headed up to Snowshoe, WV to my brother's vacation house for a few days--the weather is always cooler there which is nice. The kids run around with their cousins, we fish, sit around the fire and just visit. There's also a big chili cookoff up on the mountain this weekend & my hubby loves chili--its his favorite food & in the cooler months I make it at least once a week, so he's really looking forward to that. I'm just looking forward to no schedule and just chillin'--we all need that once and awhile!


I made my card today with the intention of using the weekly sketch over on SCS, but it took on a life of it's own & didn't end up like the sketch at all--oh well! I bought these Amish stamps from "My Heart Stamps for You" from a shop on Ebay called "The Clickit Shop" with the intention of making cards for my mom. Where I grew up in Southern MD there is a large Amish community, so seeing the buggies and kids walking to school barefoot in the morning was a normal thing for us. We always visited their local farmer's market for all of our produce and flowers (and my mom still goes every week)--they were just a part of my growing up. My mom collects Amish figurines from Jim Shore and has a few pictures around her house, so I knew these stamps would be perfect for cards for her. These stamps came on a large sheet and included quilts, hats, buggies & other Amish images. I really liked this stamp with the lil' Amish girl on it and used 2 of the quilt stamps too. The dp is from K&Co. (classic K Bailey mat pad) & I liked the worn, material look of it. I didn't want anything to detailed or fancy, as that is not the Amish way. Everything is colored with my Copics and I used my Diamond glaze on the water spray, the silo and the heart border. I added a little bit of diamond stickles on top of the diamond glazed water spray(after it had dried) so it sparkled like water in the sunshine. The sentiment is a rub-on from Cloud-9 Design that I've had forevah'! The buttons are just from an assortment that I get from AC Moore. Not too fancy, but I'm happy with the results...now just 5 more to go for the card set. So hope ya like it, Mom!!


Ok, I'm outta here to finish up my to-do list--we're leaving at 10 am so I must be in bed a decent time, no night crawlin' for me tonight :) Have a great weekend!

Suzanne

2 comments:

  1. Another winner!! I love it.I know exactly what you mean about the amish.We go every year to a sale near DE and I love it.I love the quilts too.Have a great vacation!!
    My goodies came today,Thank you so much for sharing:)
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet card! I used to live in Northern Minn. and I was really taken with the Amish. They're very fasinating to me.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover