Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wild About Apricot!



Hello Everyone! I hope everybody is having glorious weather today--its 75 degrees here w/ a breeze and all my windows are wide open, love it (cats love it too)! Today is the first official day off of school for the kids and we slept in and we're still in our jammies--lol! It's a great day here!!


I decided that I'm in love with the color Apricot. I've never really used it before, but I pulled out my SU designer 6x6 paper pack and pulled out some. Believe it or not, but I had never even opened my pack of Apricot Appeal cs (gasp)! And I just love it paired up with Bashful Blue--be-u-tiful if I do say so myself! So I decided to make 2 cards using these colors.


My first card is with one of my new Sugar Nellie-Sweet Ebony stamps called "Kitty" that I got from Funky Kits. They are the only retail store that sells them, but they're in the UK so they cost a little bit more (but I'm addicted) & they're releasing some new ones this month that I must have!! I decided to use this green floral dp from DCWV (Pocket Full of Posies), because I just loved the bright shade of green. I wanted to pull out the apricot and blue colors from the dp, so thats what led me to use SU prints pack. The image is colored with Copics of course and a little bit of stickles here and there. The sentiment is from Verve Visual's "Filigree Fantasy"--love their sentiments! I'm entering this card into a challenge over on "A Spoon Full of Sugar" which is a challenge blog for Sugar Nellie fans.


The second card is for the weekly MFT (My Favorite Things) sketch challenge over on SCS which you can find here. Once again, I had this set "Can Ya Dig It" from MFT just sitting there & not inked up so I really wanted to use it. It has so many great images to play with, but I love the main image so that's what I used along with the bird stamp,plant stamp and sentiment. I double stamped her hat and the bird and lifted them with dimensionals so they would be 3-D and leave shadows on the card. Her dress is paper pieced with the SU prints pack, apricot dp. I just love the apricot and blue together, so soft and calming. The background dp is from DCWV "Pocket Full of Posies" too. There are a few stickles and Primas thrown in and I used my Copics too. I've been using dew drops alot lately too and I really like them. I use Scotch's Quick Dry Adhesive glue when I'm crafting--it's wonderfully strong, dries quick & dries clear. I buy 3 at a time at Michael's and its the best glue I've ever used for cardmaking--it will adhere anything!

Alrighty, I'm off to finish some more projects. I'm so excited because I got my new PTI stuff today and I'm off to use it--lovey the new plum pudding color they came out with--fantabulous in person! If you haven't checked out their new stuff--giddy on over there--lol!

Don't forget Gina K is releasing new stamps on Friday night--she has sneak peaks on her blog. I cannot wait--the retro images will be coming to my house, for sure!!

Till tomorrow...Suzanne


Sugar Nellie Card--"kitty" stamp set by Sugar Nellie, sentiment by Verve Visual, dp from DCWV, dimensionals, Copics, stickles, nestabilities, ribbon from Michaels, SU cs



MFT card--MFT's "Can ya Dig it" stamp set, DCWV & SU dp, SU cs, Copics, dimensionals, dew drops, stickles, Fiskars "threading water" border punch, Prima flowers, brad

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Suzanne, and I too just love the gorgeous Apricot colour. Hope the kids have a fun summer break, thanks for joining in our challenge, Hugs, Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards, such pretty colours and images. Thanks for playing.
    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Love the colour you have used, Thanks for playing along this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow these are gorgoues, Im loving the colour combo - fabulous. And the image is adorable :)x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your apricot cards! Your coloring is just fantastic on these beautiful cards! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow!! Your cards are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really beautiful cards!! Thanks for joining the challenge!
    Hugs, C.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover