Thursday, May 22, 2008

Sun,Sun,Fun!



Good sunny day to all! It's finally stopped raining & being dreary here. I love the sun and having my windows wide open-there's nothing better than fresh air floating thru the house. Its actually supposed to be in the 80's and rain free this Memorial Day weekend--that never happens. It has rained every Memorial Day that I can ever remember! We have plans to see the new Indiana Jones movie (love those) and go to our club's pool (which is heated) & just hang out. No big plans for us this weekend, we're keeping it low-key!
In the spirit of the sun coming out to play, I made this fun, summer card with some new stamps I got from Alota Stamps (I just discovered them & they have some really cute stamps). These are their little alota bugs--I just love em'! The dp is from Memory Box "beach collection" I just got from Ellen Hutson's store. Then sentiment is from Hanna's stamps and I used my new Nestabilities "shapeabilities" 3 pack to cut out the sentiment on my cuttlebug. I just found out that Overstock.com sells all the nestabilities and I completed my set finally, so now I have them all -- yippee. Overstock has them for 1/2 the price of any other store, so check it out if you want to add some to your stash!!
The second card is one of a set of notecards I made for a friend of mine who wanted notecards with her house's name on them, "Habitat Landing". She lives down the street from me near Goose Creek and we have tons of deer in our woods, along with other woodland critters. She wanted the notecards to reflect that. The stamps are from The Stampin' Place, they have lots of animal stamps to choose from--I found them thru Google--ya just never know what kind of new stuff you'll find--that Google button can be dangerous :) The paper is from SU.
I am also posting in my next post a photo album of my craft room, for all those who are curious about where I spend most of my time. I tried to clean up some, but it's still a little disorganized and needs dusting--just pretend you don't see that part, ok! I really love my room--I am in love with french country & most of my home reflects that. Toile is just my absolute favorite and I got to put alot in my room along with my zebra accessories (on my hutch). Hope you like the room too!

***Blog Candy Alert*** When I get over 2,000 hits I'm giving away some awesome blog candy that you'll want for sure of all my favorite things (incl. bellas, stickles, cuttlebug folder & more)! So help me get to that goal, it shouldn't be long--keep on the look out!!
Suzanne
(Just a note--I stamp all my images on PTI white cardstock, it works great with inks & Copics & is nice & sturdy)
Summer card--Alota stamps, Hanna stamps sentiment, Nestabilities, cuttlebug folder, Memory Box Beach collection dp, SU cs, Copics, Stickles, American Craft ribbon
Deer notecards--SU dp & cs & inks, nestabilities, brads

1 comment:

  1. What a delight to see your work.
    Helene, from Alota Rubber Stamps

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover