Friday, November 13, 2009

Boho Chic!!

Good Friday to Ya!! Let's all do the Weekend Happy Dance now--dance a lil' jig till you fall down, LOL! Actually I have a TON of work/projects to get done and Etsy orders to get out, so I won't dance around too much, hee hee--lots to catch up on this weekend! I have another private Copic Class today and then tomorrow night we have a wine/cheese party to go to and then just WORK for both me & hubby. Hubby is organizing Riley's new playroom (hangout room) so they have alot of sorting & stuff to get done. We got the Expedit cabinets in black from Ikea (the large wall units) to go in his room and James' finished assembling them last night--now just get everything put away & the tv hooked up. And the final room transitions will be done (my old craft room became hubby's study, hubby's study down in the basement became Riley's room, Riley's old playroom became my craft room)--whew, I'm tuckered out from all the moving, LOL! But Riley loves his new room & he has a table/desk that he can use just for putting together his model airplanes on with his dad--so they have a space for it now, not on my kitchen table anymore thankfully--yay!  So all good in the Dean household for now--next week the holiday chaos that is tree decorating begins :o)  I will start decorating next Friday so I don't feel rushed & hope to be done with everything by Thanksgiving and then Thanksgiving weekend we'll hunt our 2 LIVE trees down & get them up!  I do 99% of the decorating myself cuz' yes, I'm anal & a control freak just a teeny bit, lmbo--the family all puts the family room tree up & decorates it but then they leave me be to my manic tree obsession.  I will of course share pictures with you for those who can't come to my Open House--I'll send you some mulled cider cyberly 'kay?!

NewsBitz:


-I will continue to keep this up everyday, but I am having a Holiday Crafter's Open House on Saturday, December 5th from noon til' 5 pm (come for an hour or three, but drop by if you can) I will have my 10 (yes 10 this year) Xmas trees up, house decorated, mulled cider brewing & lots of sweets to eat along with lots of fun chatting & meeting other crafters from this area!  Just email me if you'd like to come so I can send ya directions & have a head count! (I live in Leesburg, VA right off of Rte. 7 in the Lansdowne on the Potomac neighborhood) Make it a trip for ya too--the Leesburg Outlets are 5 mins away, Dulles Towne Center Mall 10 mins away, Tyson's Corner Mall 25 mins away!! (and a big Joann's & Michaels too)

-Another spotlight on a fabulous Etsy store is Black Mountain Candles--oh if you love to buy candles as gifts and for yourself you need to get some of these!!  I bought the Jingleberry scent jar & it is scrumptious smelling--it left a lingering smell in my house long after I had blown the flame out!  They are soy based with a non-lead wick and all natural--love, love them!  And great prices as well--so just another fabulous handcrafted item from Etsy to check out!


******************************



Boho Chic Rocker Style!!


Today just one project for ya--I ran out of time yesterday since I HAD to go out for a Girl's Night Out with my friends!  Oh my, I haven't laughed that hard in a long, long time---still gigglin (and yes S, S & R you know what I'm talkin' about, hee hee)!  So I will be posting tomorrow & Sunday with a few projects for ya as well!

Today I chose to use a NEW Elisabeth Bell for SCACD stamp called "Boho Chic"--I just love her & my daughter ADORES her!  She gave this card her TEEN stamp of approval, lol--and she's a hard lil' chickadee to crack but she said she'd give this to her friends!  I think she's beautiful & fun and perfect for multiple occasions!  I paired her up with this fun butterfly dp from Basic Grey's "Ambrosia" and punched some multi-layered butterflies to accent the sides, they also got a black rhinestone body!  The pearl swirls on the side are from Prima's Say It With Pearls line (a personal fave of mine)!  The fun lil sentiment (picked out personally by my daughter who insisted I give her proper credit, lol) is by Hannah Stamps.  I'm entering this card into the Cute Card Thursday Challenge as well---it's all about the Glitter :o)


She's colored with copics and then I used stardust stickles on her fringy shirt--the fringe got traced with my black Spica pen for some more sparkle!  I think she's just a cutie---but shhhhh....don't tell my daughter I used the word "CUTE"--she'll roll her eyes & say "No, Mom-she's just cool"--LMBO!  Hope you love her too! You can see all the new stamps in the Elisabeth Bell for SCACD right HERE!


See ya back here tomorrow with some Lockhart notecards and a Mo's Digital Pencil project :o)


11 comments:

  1. yes, a perfect Teen card, love that image. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card. Love the black swirls and the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suzanne, She is just tooo CUTE! Yes, I said cute. My best friend just loves this paper...I wish she would blog, but she just does not have the interest in it...Anyway, your card is spectacular..I love it. Have a great Friday, Lisa G

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzanne I am a lurker on your blog but please if you get the chance visit this link and help me to get this story out about the 5 year old with cancer. Thank you!
    http://wernstrumfamily.blogspot.com/2009/11/let-spirit-of-christmas-begin.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! The stamp is perfect for a teen. I will need to get one for my niece's 13th B-Day next year! And it is so perfect because she has long blond hair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you did her shirt, so pretty! Love that paper the colors are so pretty together. I can't wait to get mine, they went in the mail yesterday.. I should have them Saturday.. Susan ships so fast.Back to your card, I love it!! perfect for any teen or women of any age..

    ReplyDelete
  7. very trendy!! Love her sparkly top!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this image!! She's so sassy!! Great layout and I love the sparkly shirt!
    ~Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is CUTE! Love how you colored her. My daughter would think she's just the "cool-est" too!:o) hugs, Angela

    ps. Hope you will take a picture of all your trees and post them. Would luv to see!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Suzanne, love your Boho Girl...so cute. Yeah, had to say it! LOL!! Love, love, love the Basic Grey Ambrosia paper. This card is way too cool!!!

    Sure wish I could come to your open house and see all your great decorating. I love to do Christmas decorating too... Takes me about a week and I only do 2 trees. LMBO! Sadly, the trip from Tucson is just a wee bit too far at this time. I did live a little closer to your neigborhood many, many moons ago. When my DH was is the army we lived in Williamsburg, VA where are oldest was born.

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is SOOOOOO sassy and cute! Again, LOVE how you colored her!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover