Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Peppermint Twist!!

Hello friends & Happy Wednesday to ya! Oh my it's dreary & rainy here in VA today--guess that's the payback for the beautiful warm fall weather we've had the past few days (even had my windows open)! My wrist is still swollen & sore but I'm managing okay--the world does not stop, hee hee! And this is a busy, busy week for me--there are 2 new stamp releases this week, a blog hop, I'm teaching 2 private Copic Classes and then this weekend hubby & I are going to a wine & cheese cocktail party! Whew---Sunday is blissfully free though :o) Possibly another trip to the new, huge Wegmans Grocery Store--if you have one near you, you know what I mean when I say it's the HUGEST GROCERY STORE in the country--fabulous! Seafood bar, fresh bread, gourmet cheeses, wine selection, prepared foods, cafe and the prices are SUPER--love it! It's like a field trip to get groceries---even the kids love it, LOL (and that says alot for me cuz' I HATE grocery shopping)! Oh don't get me started on their yummy breads, pies and fresh sushi---YUMMO Good!! Now, dang it I'm hungry--LOL--gotta go get a snack!

NewsBitz:

-I will continue to keep this up everyday, but I am having a Holiday Crafter's Open House on Saturday, December 5th from noon til' 5 pm (come for an hour or three, but drop by if you can) I will have my 10 (yes 10 this year) Xmas trees up, house decorated, mulled cider brewing & lots of sweets to eat along with lots of fun chatting & meeting other crafters from this area! (I live in Leesburg, VA right off of Rte. 7 in the Lansdowne on the Potomac neighborhood) Make it a trip for ya too--the Leesburg Outlets are 5 mins away, Dulles Towne Center Mall 10 mins away, Tyson's Corner Mall 25 mins away!! (and a big Joann's & Michaels too)

-Tomorrow Susana's Custom Art & Card Design celebrates a NEW RELEASE from Elisabeth Bell and the DT will have a fun BLOG HOP to show off the new stamps! If you haven't entered for the BLOG CANDY HERE, you have until 10:30 PM EST tonite to do so!

-Another fabulous Etsy Site for ya today is Jennifer Magnesi Designs! She makes the cutest flower rings and jewelry! I ordered a couple rings for myself and some for my daughter to give to her friends this holiday season (very affordable at $6-7 each, and customizable colors)! The flower ring & earrings are so IN this season & this is a great way to get in on the trend w/o breaking the bank! Go HERE to check her designs out!!

****************************
Peppermint Twist Gift Set

So I spent yesterday making this fun Peppermint Twist Gift Set using some fabulous Magnolia stamps from Magnolia-licious!! I found the box/basket in the back at my Target $1 Spot and it led to the colors, dp and feel of the entire set! The fun dp is by KI Memories paired with some Coredinations cs (mint green) and PTI cs. This set includes the basket full of Peppermint Bath/Body Products and tag, a gift card holder, and a Envelope Pocket Card!!

First up is a fun Envelope Pocket Card! I got this idea from my pal Maria Bell's blog here--and knew I had to try it out. I used "Tilda with Candy Cane" for my main image & colored her w/ Copics. I layered cs & dp, the border & corners were made with a MS border punch. I used my nestabilities "Mega Labels 8" to back my image, the sentiment is from PTI's "Holiday Treats" set tied to a button & bow with Scrappers Floss! I haven't made a long card in awhile so this was a fun way to change it up a bit! She of course has some bling on her sparkly tights, wings & candy cane too!

This is the envelope that the card pulls out of--I used a long envelope and covered it with the same elements I used above. I used a circle punch to make a small cutout in the envelope so the card can easily be pulled up--and the top of the envelope pulls off easily. A fun way to present a card to someone & super easy to do!

Next up is a gift card holder (instructions for this HERE)--I have made TONS of these and they are so easy to whip up & make such a pretty presentation for a gift card! I used "Lazy Summer Tilda"--she's perfect for any season or occasion I think & I propped her up in oval layers made with my nesties. I added some snowflake punch-outs and then added mint pearls to the snowflakes & dp for some extra bling (along w/ stickles on her wings)!

This is what the inside looks like--the gift card goes right in the center panel. And you decorate the inside however you like--I used some more PTI polka-dotted dp for my outer panels and then the sentiment is from PTI's "Stocking Prints" set and some more fun snowflakes! It ties closed with a ribbon bow!

And here is the gift box--isn't it cute! I added a tag I made with my PTI stamps, a button, and some Scrapper's Floss & ribbon! Inside it holds Peppermint scented lotion, body spray, hand sanitizer, lipgloss and bubble bath! Perfect gift for someone sweet in your life (this set is for sale in my Etsy shop HERE)!! Hope these projects added some sweetness to your day!

I'll see ya back here with a fun Blog Hop & new Pink Cat Studio Digi Releases too!


16 comments:

  1. oh how sweet...nice colours...
    hugs line

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness..a sore wrist has not stopped you from creating such beauty! this is adorable! LOVE it!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne, Wow, fabulous creation, such a wonderful gift set and the colours are so sweet. Thanks for the instructions for the gift card holder, I can't wait to try out. Hope your wrist heals quickly. Hugs Jodie from Oz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Suzanne, thank for all the Awesome inspiration you bring us thru your blog. Hope you feel better!

    Hugs,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome set Suzanne. Looks like your wrist is doing much better, you've put together a wonderfully delightful set...the paper looks so yummy and your Christmas Tilda images are wonderfully colored.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Suzanne, Wonderful set. I checked out that itzi store, and I really like her stuff. I am thinking that I need to get a set of her earings. Gorgious! I sure hope your wrist is getting better, I am a Mother hen, so it concerns me that it is still swollen..lol..sorry, just the way I am..You might want to ice it and then heat it, helps get that swelling down. If that does not work, you might want to have it checked..(see I just can't help it..sorry)..Ok mom put back in her bag..Have a great day, sending sunshine from Washington state...Lisa G

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, if they don't all look good enough to eat. Awesome set!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey suzanne i love your gift set is adorable i too tried the cocoa folder it was really simple,but i like yours lol!! YOU DID an absoblutely stunning job.job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! Hope the wrist gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh boy! I am doing the happy dance! My poor dog thinks I have gone off the deep end(I have)! I have a set of foo foo stuff for my granddaughter for Christmas. She's gonna LOVE THIS! She will have to send you a thank you for this! LOL!
    Sharon L

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your giftset is beautiful. Great work.
    Hugs Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute! And to think it was inspired by Target! lol I work there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that's so adorable & cute. Thank you Suzanne, I would love to have a gift set like that for Christmas. It's a wonderful gift idea and the Tildas are colored beautifully!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG! What an AWESOMELY ADORABLE Set!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. hiya - man i hope your hand gets better soon! love love this set - goodNESS it's gorgeous! loving those colors!
    big hugs!
    miss ya!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover