Saturday, November 21, 2009

Writing Letters!

Hello everyone and Happy Weekend!!  Sorry I didn't post yesterday but I needed the day off---lot's going on here in the Dean house, my family and stuff & I was spent physically & emotionally!  I also spent like 7 hours yesterday wasting away the evening reading all about Pioneer Woman who I saw on Nichole Heady's Blog, lol!  She's a pretty funny & cool lady I must say--she takes stunning photographs, makes yummo-licious food, and cracks me up.  If you wander on over to her site HERE make sure & read her "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels" story about how she married a cowboy & went from city livin' to country livin'--I started & finished it all in one night, hee hee!  So now I'm making hubby take me to PA to her book signing on December 13th--right now he's resisting but I can usually make him see things my way, bwahahahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!  So go check her out & let me know what ya think??!



NewsBitz:

-Susana's Custom Art & Card Design has selected Spellbinders Nestabilities on SALE on her site now HERE!!

-My Blog Candy Winner will be announced on Monday morning!!

-Another two Etsy Spotlights for ya today and the first one is "Ruby Rose"--I bought some necklaces from her and they are just GORGEOUS lemee tell you!  Vintage, dainty & beautiful and won't break your wallet either!  And when I went back to link I bought myself another bracelet & necklace, LOL--I love that you won't see this jewelry on your neighbor or friend's neck because most of it is one of a kind--you will be unique!  I got this bracelet & matching necklace in black/silver, ummm my favorite colors next to red, hee hee! :o)

Second Spotlight is on "XO Handworks" -- if you're a regular reader you know how much I adore my Cherry Coke--it's my favorite drink of choice and on any given day you will find a can or two littered on my craft table, LOL (and I drink regular Coke too, no diet for me, icky)!  I have tried giving it up many times, but I cannot--I have failed miserably & have resigned myself to the fact that I can't!  So when I found this cool Etsy site that uses recycled soda bottle tops to make cool & quirky jewelry, well I just had to buy myself some, hee hee!  I love elegant pieces but I love fun jewelry as well--so I bought myself some Coke Bead earrings--they're awesome!  They'll match my Cherry Coke jammies I got in Vegas really good, LMBO!!  Have fun browsing!
******************************
Lockhart Notecard Set


I have to tell you I had so much fun creating this notecard gift set that I will be making more for gifts this holiday season for sure (I'll share the Xmas one I did later next week)!!  We (and I do not excuse myself from this) have really gotten away from writing notes and letters to each other!  It's always so much easier to write an email nowadays, but I kinda miss getting letters from friends.  When I was younger I had a pen-pal in Italy (the country I most want to visit) and we wrote all the time and it was really fun!  My mom has had a pen pal for like 40 years--wow--and they still write, which is so cool I think!

So for this set I used the fabulous Lockhart Stamp Co. "Writing Letters" stamp--perfect for notecards.  I kept the colors simple & elegant--taupe/kraft, cream and buttercream yellow.  The patterned papers are from Stampin Up's "Bella Bleu" paper set--these papers are fabulously gorgeous, I just love them!  So these are just basic 4.25x5.5 postcards with some dp and cs--the border was made with one of my favorite Fiskars border punches.  The gift box is called "Desktop Organizer" and it's a Timeless Template from PTI--lots of good uses for this one and really easy to put together too!


I stamped the image on both cream cs and my yellow cs--I colored a bit on the cream cs with my copics, cut it out & layered on top of the yellow image with dimensionals.  Since I kept the color scheme simple this was fast & easy to do.  I made 6 of these postcards with three different sentiments from PTI's "Vintage Picnic" & "Vintage Picnic Sentiments" stamped in SU River-rock ink!


So six postcards & six envelopes fit in here perfectly--you could even create an acetate cover if you wanted to and afterwards when the notecards have been used, you can reuse the pretty box still!


I just love this set--the soft colors, the elegant feel, right up my alley, hee hee!  If you love it too it's up for sale in my Etsy Shop (link on my sidebar).


Hope you all have a fabulous weekend and I'll see ya back here tomorrow!



18 comments:

  1. Suzanne,
    I love your note cards. I have been making note cards for friends for the last 2 months to give as gifts. They loved them. But, let me tell you, yours are even more beautiful. I would love to have them for myself. I am a big letter writer and would love to have these stamps. Your cards always make me want to receive them. Thanks for all of your inspiration.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your note card set is gorgeous!! You can mail a note to me anytime! I agree with you that we do not send enough cards and letters in the mail anymore. We should start up a "keep in touch" campaign. I love to make cards, but never seem to get around to mailing very many out. I also had a pen-pal as a teenager who was from Japan which was so interesting. Thanks for always sharing wonderful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This set is gorgeous! I love the DP you used and the soft colors are perfect. Seeing this set makes me want to go write a letter to someone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've spent hours on Pioneer Woman's blog too! It's fantastic & now I'm hooked! I just loved her love story!!! Want to try some of her recipes too. Hope you get to go to her book signing and you lucky dog if you get to see the Marlboro Man!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your note cards set, Suzanne. I've been thinking of doing something similar for Christmas gifts. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzanne, this set is absolutely gorgeous. Very, very elegant. Love it, love it, love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Susana, you are sooo blessed with your hands. This is just a wonderful gift. It looks like someone just printed it off a machine. Fabulous! Thanks for sharing your God-given talents with so many!
    Debi Nicol

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh wowww Suzanne,what a beautiful creations,i love the papers and colours.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful set! LOVE this! and I know what you mean, I miss writing letters-heck ,I dont' even send out as many cards as I should!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Suzanne, wow! This set is really beautiful and so elegant. Love it!!!

    Thank God for the internet but I know what you mean, nothing beats getting mail in your mailbox. I miss that too! :o)

    Hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your note card set is wonderful and beautiful at the same time. I went to the Pioneer Woman site and loved it all. The road vs the cattle pictorial was great! Etsy is a fab site, if I do say so myself! I found some really cool scroll work there last years for my wedding scrapbook! Still working on it after 2 years now card making got in the way! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Suzanne, This note card set is wonderful, love the colours and sentiments. Such a wonderful gift. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Hugs Jodie from Oz

    ReplyDelete
  14. brilliant idea for the note cards, always so useful and these are stunning...anyone would love this beautiful gift set
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! This is beautiful! I love the soft colors and border punch you used. I LOVE, love, love the PW - she rocks! Her best chocolate cake ever is to die for! Also her beef enchiladas - one of my family's fav's! I just ordered 3 of her cookbooks for Christmas presents this weekend! i am so jeally that you are going to her book signing! I won't be going to PA until the 22nd (My inlaws live outside of Philly). :) Have a blast, girly! :) ~T

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! This is beautiful! I love the soft colors and border punch you used. I LOVE, love, love the PW - she rocks! Her best chocolate cake ever is to die for! Also her beef enchiladas - one of my family's fav's! I just ordered 3 of her cookbooks for Christmas presents this weekend! i am so jeally that you are going to her book signing! I won't be going to PA until the 22nd (My inlaws live outside of Philly). :) Have a blast, girly! :) ~T

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow!! what a gorgeous elegant gift set! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful note set! Oh I love that border punch and the papers! Very elegant and makes for a perfect gift. Who wouldn't want to receive it to send out lovely notes! Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover