Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Girly Rulz!!

Hiya friends! Whatcha' up to today? I have errands to run & some craftin' to do & laundry (not necessarily in that order, lol)--aren't I exciting! Someone made a comment the other day saying our neighborhood should be on that reality "Housewives" show & I laughed--definitely wouldn't pick me as I fly low on the radar & don't really do anything newsworthy, hee hee! I think viewers would fall asleep watchin' me in action :o) But that's okay with me, cuz' I wouldn't want to give up my privacy & peace that's for sure--no amount of money would change that! I'd always be filmed or photographed in my workout clothes or jammies, LOL--they'd be askin' does that women ever get dressed!! No, actually I do dress NICE when I'm actually outta the house, but if you're just hangin' around craftin' & doin' chores, Who the HECK cares, right? I am not too proud to wear my jammies (you've all seen my Copic videos & most were done in my jams, hee hee)--I wear them out with the dogs & to the mailbox, LOVE THEM! And Jammy days are the best I tell ya--if you haven't had one lately YOU SHOULD per Suzanne's instructions, LOL!

NewsBitz:

-
WINNER of my Halloween Magnolia Gift Set is.......
Lucky "Helen of Creative Jeans"--please email me at sjdean@smartneighborhood.net with your address so I can get your goodies to you! Congrats & thanks to everyone for their lovely comments & posts!!

-
I've added a few more Stampin' Up sets that I decided I really didn't need after selling most of them the other day. You can check out the new list HERE if you'd like--PayPal only please!

-Still waiting on KraftyChic to get in touch with me--You WON the "I Brake For Stamps" blog candy!! If I don't hear from you by Friday, we'll have to pick another winner!

***************************************
Try It Out Tuesday Challenge #33

So today is "Try It Out Tuesday Challenge #33" for Susana's Custom Art & Card Design and I challenged the DT to make alter or make a notebook/book cover! Of course I couldn't stop there & decided to make a matching card & 2 cute lil' purses (more on this fun technique below) that can hold a note or candy! This whole idea (projects & papers) were thought up the other night while I was in bed trying to sleep, LOL--I love it when it comes together even bettah' than I imagined! All of my dp is from Stampin' Up's new "Razzleberry Lemonade"--I love the colors & patterns in it! And the fabulous stamp is from Victoria Case for SCACD "Hearts & Hugs Series 2" line--isn't she a cutie, her name is "Aud" (after one of our fabulous DT members)! She is perfect for so many events & occasions I tell ya (and only $7)!!

I used this past week's Friday Sketcher's Sketch #66 for my card layout--a fab one indeed IMO! I used more Prima Caboodles (love them), a scroll punch, rhinestones and a Cuttlebug Embossing folder!
This is a pretty large notebook & has tabs inside too so someone can have different sections if they want--I picked them up at Target last year (of course, lots of big ones & small ones too, lol)! I covered mine with more cs & dp using my fave Scor-Tape to adhere it with so it's super durable! I used the same embellies that I used on the card--the letters are from some Sizzix dies I have & then I embossed them w/ my CB "swiss dots" folder. The entire notebook got a healthy spritz of baby's breath Shimmerz Spritz!

So I was going thru my new Spellbinders dies the other day & saw two that I knew would work perfectly to make small purses!! I used Nestabilities Labels 6 & 7 for these 2 purses! I just cut them out with my Cuttlebug using the largest die in each pack, folder them in half & added handles. For the pink one I embossed it & cut a half circle out for the handle and added a Prima flower too. The patterned one has ribbon handles, a Prima & it stays closed with a magnet. These are perfect for party favors, lunchbox notes or place settings--they can hold a note or small piece of candy. Wouldn't these be cute sitting on a table as place settings w/ nametags on them for a ladies luncheon or girls birthday party--FUN I tell ya! And easy peasy to make too!

Isn't "Aud" just the cutest? I just love her! I added diamond stickles to her sweater & purse, diamond glaze on her boots & eyes & some small rhinestones on her hairbow (and yes she's colored w/ Copics)! Cute I tell ya! And the whole set is up for sale on my Etsy shop if you're interested in it (on sidebar)!

Now make sure to stop by the store blog "Follow Your Heart" to see the rest of the DT's delightful projects today!


See ya tomorrow!

hugz,
Suzanne

15 comments:

  1. Love your little set! Thanks for the tip on making the little purses how very cute they are! I really love the new Victoria Case stamps so very cute and you have colored her perfectly love it!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely set of creations!! The paper is one of my favs and Aud is one of two favorites from Victoria. Your work is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!!! this is such an incredibly gorgeous set!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzer! This set it totally amazing! Love your coloring - always do! And the colors you've used are so yummy!

    Hugs,
    Aud

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the sweetest set and OH those colors. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunning bright and cheerful colours on your projects, and so well coordinated! love all the things you have been making since my last visit too.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This set is beautiful and just perfect for any age girl. Your work is beautiful !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word Suzanne! This is AMAZING hun! What a grand set! I love it!!! And those purses are tooooo darn cute! I am off to try and make some today!!!! AMAZING work!!! Rock on craftstar!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS- I'm always in my jammies too!!!! Why create more laundry by getting dressed! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, Suzanne, you never disappoint...just magnificent! Seriously!

    Have a great day!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  11. First of all, a HUGE congrats to Helen of Creative Jeans for being the lucky recipient of a fabulous project by Suzanne!!! What a very lucky gal:o)

    As for your TIOT project...another batch of paper perfection at its finest!!! I wish I had your eye for choosing all the perfect elements...and your mind-blowing coloring skills! I have so much to learn from you!!! Thank you for all the awesome inspiration!!!

    Hugs!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Suzanne!
    These are SO SWEET!!! I love them all. What a great gift to have the card and book.......LOVE that stamp! The purses are perfect for gifts or place settings. LOVE LOVE LOVE your colouring.
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing creations...your card is just adorable...love the cute image.
    Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketchers.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  14. This whole set is soooo pretty Suzanne! I love, love, love what you put together and the DPs are just so pretty for this. Perfect! Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this lovely set!!! So adorable and lovely colors and your coloring is fab!!!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover