Saturday, August 1, 2009

Projects Galore & More!!

Happy, happy Saturday everyone! I don't usually post on the weekends but I had some deadline projects due that I had to share w/ ya! I'm home alone today since my daughter is out boating with a friend & my hubby took Riley to an RC Plane Show (that's their hobby) for the day. Riley hasn't been feeling well so this will be a fun outing for him with his dad!!

So I'm spending it reading & crafting & enjoying the PEACE & QUIET!! LOL Probably will take the doggies for a walk down by the creek and pick another bucket full of tomatoes & cukes from my garden--Riley is gonna sell some for me, cuz' they're comin' out my ears I tell ya, hee hee. And tomorrow we're off to Mt. Vernon for the day--hopefully the weather stays nice. Anywho onto my long post for ya today.............

NewsBitz:

**BLOG CANDY---if you haven't entered for my yummy blog candy yet, you have until tomorrow by midnight (EST) to do so right HERE !! Winner announced on Monday morn'!

**Susana's store also has some new Copic Bundles up for sale now put together by me, hee hee. She also has the BRAND NEW light Copic markers for sale as a set HERE (and they are in stock at the moment so run, lol)
**************************************************


This project was made for the Whiff of Joy "August Project of the Month" which was to create wedding favors. And since WOJ has such fabulous wedding stamps/sentiments it was easy peasy, hee hee. I used a few sentiments & the "Wedding Carriage" which I cut down a bit for my box. The brocade dp is by Making Memories "5th Avenue" and the small Bon-Bon boxes dp is by 'DCWV "La Creme".


This is a six sided box that you can use horizontally or vertically--you can find the instruction for this on the Scor-Pal site HERE. And if you don't have a Scor-Pal yet, what are ya waitin' for ---it's one of my most used & beloved tools!! Really easy to put together and I think it would be perfect for a slice of cake, a candle or other small present for the wedding guests. I colored the WOJ image with copics and then added stickles to her veil, flower soft in ivory & diamond glaze to the carriage. I wrapped the box with satin black ribbon to finish it off. This would be beautiful sitting at every place setting me thinks!


Of course I had to make a couple more gifts--these are Bon-Bon boxes & the instructions for these are also on the Scor-Pal site HERE! Very simple & quick to make--I punched holes in the tops & threaded ribbon thru to hold them closed. Perfect to hold a piece of chocolate or other candy. All my projects I made I used the fabulous Scor-Tape--super strong & durable, love it & totally recommend it! Now make sure & hop over to the Whiff of Joy site HERE to see the other POM's by the DT--they are all beautiful! And stop by HERE to see all the wonderful wedding stamps!!

My second project today is for the Copic Creations Challenge blog and today's challenge is to color eyes. InStyle Stamps is sponsoring and they have some awesome anime images to play with & give away. I got to work with the "Princess Clarissa"--isn't she a cutie? She's available as a stamp but it was sent to me digitally so I enlarged her quite a bit to make her eyes bigger for the challenge. (they have both regular stamps & digi images) The dp is some of my favorite (that I hoard) by K&Co. "Blue Awning". The sentiment is by Verve Stamps. Her eyes have a coat of diamond glaze on them, her dress has shimmerz (angel wingz) and her hat's ribbon was stickled :o)
I decided to make a tri-fold card for her--the inside was stamped with PTI's "Damask Designs" in Versamark Dazzle ink. which leaves a lil' shimmer.

For her eyes I used B95 & B91 then applied diamond glaze on top for realism! Now make sure to hop over to the Copic Creations Challenge Blog to see the rest of the DT's fabulous samples & join in on the fun to win some goodies from InStyle Stamps too!

Alrighty, I'm outta here---I'll see ya back here on Monday!!


hugz,

Suzanne

14 comments:

  1. Hi Suzanne...Love your projects for today. Thanks for the link to the scor-pal boxes they are awesome. Love your princess card great job with the eyes!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow..I love the projects that you have done. Thanks for the link for the boxes!
    Love the princess card!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite a creation, love the papers you've used on the favour box and the two bon bon boxes are just so quaint. Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your projects!! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow must be nice the house to yourself hihi!love the gift boxes! theye look so nice, and the prinsess card is just way to cute

    hugs
    daisy

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow the 6 sided box... that I gotta try !!!
    your card is absolutely adorable !

    hugs Annita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great POM Suzanne! I love it! And your ISS Clarissa is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love what you have done with her! Excellent job with the eyes!!!
    Big Hugs~ Kim

    Hope you enjoy your weekend hun! Oh yeah, you Lockhart card below is AMAZING TOO...I am in love with that one as well....ok I admit, I LOVE all of your work hun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suzanne - what a pretty princess...I didn't think to use diamond glaze, what a great idea! These were fun images to work with.
    tfs!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suzanne!!!
    What can I say??? I love all your work and I am always here to see them!!!
    Have a great week end!!:)))
    Hugs
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow Suzanne two awesome projects.. love the sweet little boxes that you made for the pom and your card is gorgeous, her eyes are amazing..
    Hope that your son feels better soon sweetie. hugs rachxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and commenting! It means a lot to me. Your creations are all so beautiful. I love the wedding set you just created!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love this card - I was given your site by Penny and I'm so loving her for doing that. Can't wait to get right in there and look at everything else. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMGosh-- the anime image is adorable and I love, Love, LOVE the ice cream Tilda! ADORABLE and the polka dot accents are just perfect Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy Smokes! you have been a scoring fool lately! LOL!!! These are awesome! and that anime princess card is way too cute!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover