Friday, April 25, 2008

Margaritaville




Hello everyone! Sorry I was MIA yesterday--too many things to get done & not enough time. I read a quote from someone (don't remember who) that said she'd add 3 more hours on the day, not to accomplish anything but just to relax--sounds like a grand idea to me :)

Tonight I am chaperoning my daughter Alexa's 6th grade dance and then she's having 4 girls over for a slumber party--yeehaw for me!! I'll be working late in my craft room trying to catch up on projects & challenges.

The first card is my entry for The Cat's Pajama's challenge/contest. The theme was to make something with "Jimmy Buffet" in mind using their stamps. Now granted I like his music, but it's not like I'm a parrot head or anything, but I do like a good margarita in the summertime. My card's theme is "Floating Away in Margaritaville"--more suitable than "wasted away...", so I changed it, don't think he'll mind!! I decided to make a margarita template and have my "Sprinkle" (the cat) floating in the glass--her bubba "the dog" is resting below (I think he had too much & needs to lay down--lol). I cuttlebug embossed the cardstock base (SU cool caribbean) and used a sparkly DCWV pp for the bottom half. And of course they had to be sparkly--the margarita, glass & animals are all stickled!! Just looking at it gets me in the mood for some guacomole & nachos & a nice cold margarita!! Not tonight though-lol :)
The second picture is of the party favor bags I made for Alexa's friends who are celebrating her 12th birthday tonight (there are 4 bags, but 1 didn't fit in the picture). They're filled with scented "spa" items. Since her invitations had "Jammybella" we decided to use "Cupcakeabella" for the bags from Stamping Bella. I just used scrap papers for the bags and stamped them with a small cupcake stamp from Inkadinkado w/ versamark ink. Just a fun favor for "tween" girls!
Pray for my "head" tonight--because I know my house will be loud with 5 girls running around--lol! Hope you have a great Friday night--maybe some of you will be floating away in "margaritaville"-ha ha!!!

Suzanne
Margaritaville--The Cat's Pajamas stamps, Staz-on ink, stickles, DCWV pp, SU solid paper, cuttlebug embossing folderFavor bags--Stamping Bella "Cupcakeabella" stamp, stickles, Inkadinkadoo cupcake stamp, nestabilities, Copics

4 comments:

  1. Just survived my daughter's 12th bday slumber party in march...I highly recommend ear plugs! Gorgeous work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable!! Awesome treat bags!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover