Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Light Hearted

Hello fellow Stamp-Addicts! It's finally a lovely, spring day here in VA--gives me more energy I think when the weather is nice (means I can drink less Cherry Coke-haha). I wanted to make a fun kid's birthday card today, something lighthearted. I love these stamps from Whipper Snapper Designs--I don't think I've said anything about them before, but they are great (I can repeat myself many times, you'll see). They have such a great selection of "critter" stamps and I think their faces are adorable. I used my Copics again today. Sherrie's Card Creme blog has 2 great tutorials to watch on shading/blending with Copics--gave me some good tips and hopefully my shading is improving :)

Does the spring weather energize you? I feel like I'm reborn when it gets warm again--I hate the cold more and more every year. Someday, I will live where its warm all the time, at least that's my dream. Warm weather makes me want to use brighter colors and do more lighthearted & fun papercrafts. My other card for the day is a "bella", latte bella to be exact. As you know I really love my "bellas" from Stamping Bellas (see me repeating again)! Even though I don't drink lattes or coffee (yuck)--I think she's just a fun image to play with. I like to drink hot cocoa so I'll pretend that's what she is drinking. I need a bella image that is behind a disastrous, messy desk with crafting supplies all over and many open Coke cans surrounding her(and her many pets scattered about)--now that would be my bella image. Not very glamorous or fantabulous, but oh so true!!
Well, that's all for me now, time to cook dinner and get the kid's homework done (by them, not me). Happy Crafting!
Bella Card--Stamping Bella, Prima flowers, Michaels ribbon, MM brads, Copics, stickles, Basic Grey 'sultry' pp, SU solids
Turtle Card-Whipper Snapper turtle/frog stamp, Michaels ribbon, MM brads, SU sentiment, Copics, SU solids, Scrapbook Wizard pp

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover