Thursday, April 11, 2013

Plum Prettied!

Happy Thursday to you all!  How's your week going?  Hubby is away in NC and Georgia for business...ahem so he says LOL..since he's also attending the Masters Golf event in Augusta ;)  But that's ok, me and the teens are hanging out and eating dinner on the patio every night and bein' chill.  Last night I FINALLY took over the tv and watched the ACM Awards with Alexa!!  YES I missed them cuz we were at the hockey game in DC so I wasn't able to see 'em.  But me and Lex enjoyed em...and my yummy Luke Bryan.  Hubby was glad he said cuz' I wasn't drooling where he could see ahahahaha ;) (typed as I wipe it off my keyboard)!! 


I have some new posts up on my newest blog "Bitz of Me" if you need something else to read!!


Also the CMC 3rd Birthday Bash will be April 26th thru April 29th so go join the 
Bash Group HERE and get ready for the fun!!

****************************************

Plum Prettied!!



This is my prettied plum card using a fabulous Sherri Baldy Bestie digi stamp called "Big Eye Big Head Dolls"...isn't she a doll (hahahaha get it?).  I collect Raggedy Anne dolls...only vintage ones though ;) so I just fell in love with this image!  I actually colored this cutie while I was down in Florida with my BFFs Pat Jaynes & Dana Shaw but finally got a chance to put her on a project!

The papers are from PaperManina "Lincoln Linen" and then some shimmery plum cardstock my pal Pat gave me that matched the plum colors perfectly.  Lots of dies on this one:  the dark cream mat is a Spellbinders die, the photo corner is "Filigree Corner" die from La La Land Crafts, the swirls by the flowers and the cream swirls are both Memory Box dies (Elegant Scrollwork and Quinn Flourish) .  I like to layer and cut 'em up and use as much as I can without going overboard LOL!  Flowers are Prima and Wild Orchid Crafts..the plum flower is punched with a Nellie Snellen punch.  Papers were distressed with my fave Zutter Distress machine (if you get one here's some tips (1) face your paper away from you when you run thru to get it distressed on the right side (2) running paper thru it to the right gives you a light distress look, run it towards the left and get a heavy distress!)

  

She got colored with Copics:  RV69, RV95, RV93, RV91 / E44,E43,E42,E41,E40 / E11,E00,R20 / C9,C5,C3.  I didn't go as dark as I usually do with her black hair...I wanted to keep my colors lighter on this card so I kept the blacks a bit softer too.  Then I added some Stickles to her dress, headband and bows for pretty sparkle.  Diamond Glaze on her eyes and shoes for shine!


That's it for me today...enjoy the rest of your day!!



15 comments:

  1. What a beautifull card.
    A love the colours
    Hugs Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Your coloring is stunning and I love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breathtaking. Loved this as you were coloring it and love it even more now. I've got to try one with these colors. You are amazing my friend. Wish I had 1/16th of your talent. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's stunning!!! Love the bit of plum for this very elegant card! Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I'm in love with those colors and all those dies! Oh, and not to mention your fantastic coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and beautiful colors. Love those papers and dies you used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh WOW! Suzanne, I LOVE this card it's so beautiful!...Your so amazing!....

    XO
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! That card is amazing!! The image is beautiful, the layout is exquisite, and the colors are so dreamy; wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG absolutely love this card. I love Sherri's images and you colored it perfectly! Just lovely....TFS

    Chris B

    ReplyDelete
  10. very pretty! love all your swirly dies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love the colour choice on this and all the gorgeous die cuts, so pretty Suzanne
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Suzanne - Simply Gorgeous! I love the colors and all the dies! WOW! This is so beautiful!
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an adorable card! And your blog post is a good reminder that I need to get working on my copic classes!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover