Friday, July 6, 2012

Monster of a Good Time!!

Hi all and Happy Friday to you!  I am off to my mom’s with the two teens and both doggies today….then this evening we will be front & center for Luke Bryan concert…yahooo..errrr I mean yeeeehawwww right on LOL!  I’m so excited, me wuvs that Lukey boy, yes I do!  And its gonna be a hot night too (not just from the singer…ahem hee hee) but because of the weather…so I cannot wear my new cowboy boots as I don’t want sweat dripping down inside of them LOL.  I’m thinking jean skirt and sandals and cotton top…the cooler the better yay!  So I’ll be doing the cowgirl thing and my son will be fishing and boating with my Dad while me, my mom, my neice & Alexa are at the concert.  Then we’ll head back home on Saturday to my darling hubby Winking smile who doesn’t mind me drooling over country stars when he’s NOT around!  If you want to see something really cool check out this artist and what she’s drawing to music HERE….super cool!  By the end of 2012 I will have seen Luke Bryan 6 times…that’s not stalkerish is it? bwahahahahaha

cowgirl_smiley

I hope you all are staying cool….it is still in the 100’s here with humidity that just sucks the life out of you.  And hoping those that were w/o power from the storms have it back…I know my brother was going on a week w/o power and its gotta SUCK big time!  For those that are going to CHA….well I’m excited cuz its only 9 more days away and YES I will be there…I’m always there…like a dinosaur hahahaha!  So if you are on the way there, look for me and stop by and say HI ok!  Hoping its cooler in Chicago but my luck it won’t be Smile

NewsBitz:

-The SUMMER SALE is still ongoing thru Aug 24th at the CMC Classroom, so if you’ve been wanting to take a class or two now is a great time to get them.  You don’t have to log in them now, you can hold onto the class once you’ve paid until you are ready to start!

***************************************************************

Monster Ball!!


Today I’m sharing a fun birthday card with you that I think would be perfect for a gal or guy…although I made it specifically for a guy LOL!  Do you hate making guy cards?  Here’s an easy tip…leave off the girly embellies like ribbon, flowers and fussy trims and use fun geometric shapes, distressed papers and twine, rope and studded/button trims instead…you can never go wrong with those!  I used a cute monster stamp from SCACD’s new line called “Sweetly Odd Curiosities Collection” and this lil’ one is called “Monster Bash”.  These cute monsters are cute for everyone in your life and the sentiments they come with are perfect too!



I followed my own rules and kept to fun shapes as most of my decorations on my “guy” card and kept the colors fun but manly too! (great for a gal too)  The papers are older Kaisercraft but I love the colors and patterns.  The black cs got embossed with a CB folder for more texture and then I used my circle & pinking Spellbinders dies to create fun mats and rings for my project.

He got colored up with….SURPRISE….Shinhan Touch Twin markers…yes I surely did!  And I highly recommend them too!  I am on the Shinhan Team with some fabulous friends and talented ladies (check out the announcement post today here) and so excited about it as I think these markers are the first ones to really give Copics a run for their money.  The ink is fabulous, they work just like Copics AND they work WITH Copics.  So if you have Copics you can add on to your collection with these Touch Twin Markers or if you are starting out you can get these a bit cheaper than Copics…so something to consider.  I have a Touch Twin Group at the CMC Classroom HERE that you can join…I will have some videos and more resources there by the end of the month for everyone including comparison charts and color combo lists.  And if you need to know more stop by the Shinhan site or Challenge site to find out everything!  I used the following colors on my card: Touch Twins - BG57,G68, Y35,RP196, GY47,GY167, CG9,CG6,CG3,CG1,CG0.5 and Copic BG10.  Find a great selection of Touch Twin Markers at SCACD here too!
Then I added some white dots to his aqua skin for fun and a good coat of Diamond Glaze for shine.  Stickles on some parts of the cake and some of the rings for sparkle..yeah even a guy’s card can sparkle Winking smile

smiley_fan
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend with your family and friends and STAY COOL!

11 comments:

  1. Hi Suzanne. Gorgeous card as always, beautifully coloured and designed. Will you send some sun here please, seriously lacking, alot of rain though. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a good time!!!

    Your card is gorgeous!!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Fabulous card, such a great image and I love the colours and shapes. Thanks for the inspiration

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm another Luke Bryan fan. Have fun at his concert; lucky you, 6 xs. Just thought I'd comment that he is on Good Morning America next Friday the 13th. Here in Mich. the concerts are usually between 8:30-9:00 am Eastern time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card and always love your coloring. Gotta check out these new colors.
    Have a safe trip and I know you always have great fun!!
    hugs
    bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card. nice coloring with the Shinhan Touch twin markers.
    Hugs Maz

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute card, Suzanne!! Great idea to make it on the "boyish"side.

    Hope you had a good time at the concert.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great trip Suzanne. Very fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Any Luke Bryan fans out there? Just snagged some front row tickets from Casatickets.com when he comes here this fall...really like his music, but haven't followed him much, hoping he puts on a good show!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Appreciate it for this tremendous post, I am glad I found this website on yahoo.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover