Friday, March 18, 2011

Beeeee Happy!

Hello and Happy TGIFriday---yay its the weekend!  I love weekends don't you?  LOL!  My mom is coming in today to stay for the weekend which will be nice.  It's been at least 5 months since she's been able to visit and we are supposed to have beautiful weather.  I hope to grill out tomorrow night and enjoy the outside fireplace & patio a bit.  And Happy-Belated St. Patty's Day to you all too---my Irish grandma is dancing a jig somewhere up in heaven still.  She always sent me a card this time of year and she was Irish thru & thru.  I sure wish she hadn't passed away so soon (I was 11 when she died) as I would love to chat more with her about our family & her life.  My other grandma will be 90 this summer and I think sometimes she can STILL run circles around me---so if you think I'm the energizer bunny than you know where it comes from LOL!  I will be up visiting her again this summer for a bit and teaching in Canada again too.  Everytime I visit my grandma I learn more stuff about my family--its FANTASTIC, you never know what you may find out, LOL.  And she LOVES to feed me---omgosh, she wants to feed me a trucker's worth of food at every meal and I don't eat very much at all.  It's so funny--she says "I'm going to tell your mom you aren't eating", bwahahaha---I'm like "grandma, I'm 36 years old, mom doesn't care!"!  LOL---gotta love grandmas---they are the BEST!  So if you are lucky to still have a grandma--send her some love & hugs today!


NewsBitz:

-The CMC Classroom is still having its 1 Year Birthday Celebration thru March 21st so make sure to stop by to see the fun contests, challenges & AWESOME prizes!  Everyone is welcome to the site and in the challenges!

-I will be in Phoenix, AZ on April 2 & 3 teaching Copic classes if you are interested in coming---go to www.cmcroad.com for the info and other upcoming locations (CT, MI, SC)!!

*****************************************************
Beeee Happy!


Today I get to share with you a new Gina K Release called "Cute as a Bug" (illustrated by Rupa Shevde).  Last night was the hoppin' Release Party and these new sets will NOT disappoint--each one unique and fabulous to use.  I love the sweet bugs and sentiments in this set---too cute!  You can see the new videos by Gina on how to get the most out of these sets HERE at StampTV!


I decided to go with grays and yellows instead of the usual black---a little softer and elegant me thinks.  I embossed the gray cs with a CB emboss. folder.  The yellow dp is from Gina K StampTV set--love the marbelized pattern.  (the black & white dp is a scrap and then I took my yellow copic and added yellow to it).  The matting behind the bee is a Spellbinders die called "Lacey Circles" and then the yellow is just a small SB circle die.  I used my Bow Easy for the bow and then dropped a little metal bee charm from it for fun.



I colored the bee with Copics:  C7,C5,C3,C1/Y06,Y04,Y00,Y000).  Then I stamped the bee again and colored just the wings and added them on top with dimensionals so they pop up---and added Stickles (stardust) for sparkle.  Isn't he the cutest lil' honey bee?  Awwwww---just no stinging, LOL!

Alright, make sure to stop by Gina K's store HERE to see the new releases!  And I'll see you back here tomorrow with a new SCACD project too!




13 comments:

  1. What an adorable card! I love this little bee, so stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Suzanne.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card, love the Stickles on the wings! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card! Enjoy your visit with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww this is so cute, Suzanne:O) Love the beautiful design and pretty papers. The bee is just adorable, fabulous colouring!
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs, Nancy;O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love that kind of bee..........cute & he doesn't sting. LOL I was driving one time in my car & had the window rolled down & all of a sudden my neck was on fire!!!! A bee had flown in & attached itself to my neck. Must have been a vampire bee! hahahaha Sent a shock wave right thru me. LOL PTL I'm not allergic.

    Anywho......back to your card. Love that you chose the gray instead of the usual black & yellow. Nice touch. I also like that you touched up the b&w DP with yellow. Aren't you just miss smarty pants. LOL I would have never remembered I could do that. LOL

    Enjoy your time with your mom & hope the weather stays nice for your grilling party.

    Happy Huggies ~
    Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww... so cute!! Suzanne, what CB folder did you use? I can't seem to find it. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your card, Suzanne! I think yellow and black just make the card pop. Very cute image too. Happy Birthday to your site and thanks for sharing your fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. fab card, love the colour combo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your "Bee" card, Suzanne! At first I thought the "grey" areas of the card were blue until I read your description. LOL! Anyway, it's a terrific color combo.

    Store up those wonderful memories with your grandmother. You are so fortunate to have her and take some time to record her stories. Sure wish I had done that when my grandmother was alive.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable little bee card! I wasn't sure I'd make use of that stamp set when I saw it at the GKD release but after seeing your darling card, I think I definitely need to add it to my stash! Hope you enjoyed your time with your mom this weekend! Savor your time with her; my mom is still living but isn't able to visit anymore so make the most of your shopping and visiting time?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover