Thursday, June 18, 2009

Antique Willow!

Hi friends & welcome to another Thursday!! This is my last post for this week--I gotta save some stuff to post while I'm gone for ya, hee hee! Today my son graduates from 5th grade--wow--where does the time go to. I still remember his lil' chubby baby cheeks & sitting on the floor happily playing with his dinos for hours--he was such a happy & easy baby & he's turned into a wonderful young man! Wish I could keep 'em little for just a little longer ya know--next year he's off to middle school & the hugs/kisses will start becoming few & far between & "other girls" will start taking precedence over Mom, LOL! But he's a good boy & I love him to bitz!

Wanna hear another wild story about my wildlife in my backyard? Yesterday I was standing outside in the rain with the dogs (cuz' my one dog thinks that she is too "good" for the rain, lol) when something darted out of the woods towards our fence. My lil' Baylee was standing near there & started barking her fool head off cuz' there was a HUGE FOX trying to jump over the fence & growling--yikes! Course Baylee thinks she's a BIG DOG, hee hee so I had to run & get her while having my freakin' second heart attack of the month!! I mean the wildlife has gone nuts it seems--that fox has been around sniffin' in yards for a few months but has never gone after the dogs! And he wasn't scared of me at all, wondering if he was rabid--called animal control so we'll see....and this is why I need a vacation, too much excitement for me!! LOL! Anywho....

First up is my Whiff of Joy card using an image from the Summer Kit & this is "Willow with Strawberry Basket". I used some more that yummy Graphic 45 dp on my card--I wanted her to look like a cameo on an antique brooch so I cut her out with my oval nestabilities, outlined it with my black multi-liner pen & then applied a GENEROUS amount of diamond glaze to the entire image for a nice thick enamel look! I also laced my ribbon so it would look more like a ribbon choker on the card & accented with red Primas. Totally elegant--love the way it turned out!

Second card is a fun one using the Lockhart stamp "Gumball Machine" and sentiment to match! I found some fun polka-dot dp by My Minds Eye & colored the image to match. I added diamond glaze to the glass on the machine & then dotted one gumball with siren red Smooch to match the sentiment "the only one"!! The whole card got a generous spritzing of Baby's Breath Shimmerz Spritz--just a fun, cute card to give to someone you love!!

See ya back here on Monday & have a fabulous weekend--I know I sure will be!

hugz,
Suzanne

22 comments:

  1. Your Copic work just amazes me!! LOVE both cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Suzanne...your Whiff of Joy card is just stunningly beautiful! Love that card! And your gumball card is so very cute love how you made the one gumball stand out. Your cards as always are truely amazing! I hope you have a nice relaxing vacation and congrats to your son on his graduation!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Suzanne, love the images and the papers and lo are just beautiful. Hugs Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the willow card, now what didn't I think of coloring her dress black LOOKS AWESOME !!
    the gumball card is cute.
    Congrats on your son... they grow up SO fast mine will graduate kindergarten next week... where did the time go...

    hugs Annita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suzanne
    I've just come across your blog on You Tube while looking for copic colouring tutorials. Wow !! you make it look so easy.
    I bought copics for the first time this morning & after having a play was regretting my purchase as I couldn't get to grips with them so I turned to You tube. You've given me so many tips I'm determined to master them but have realised that I need quite a few more colours. I've added you to my google reader because I can't afford to miss anything & I'll be watching some more of your Youtube footage when I have some time this evening.

    Thanks again & your cards are stunning.

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzanne, your Willow card is just stunning!

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW...love your Willow card. So pretty! Congrats on your weight loss also. Fun, isn't it. I am loving that my size 4's are also too big. I am too scared to attempt a size 2. What if I fit?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, she's just stunning! I adore Willow and she looks like she came from another era. The ribbon is so beautiful and the flowers are perfect. Makes it look like a beautiful broach. And that gum ball machine - too fun! Love the light colors. So yummy! Our kids do grow up too fast. Get all the hugs and attention while you can! And stay away from those fox! Hopefully they'll be gone when you get back! Have a wonderful vacation! I'll miss you!

    Hugs to you,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh on the fox! I bet you can't wait to get to the beach after all this excitement!

    Willow is so very lovely!

    I adore the gumball machine card. Its so bright and fun. I really love that shimmery spritz, it really glitzes the card up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning coloring for the WOJ card. Very nice elegant layout too.
    The Lockhart stamp card is very cute too. Love the embellishments on it are too yummy!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. I just had to leave a comment regarding that fox, if he has been coming that close to your home and humans that usually is not a good sign, he could be sick, as they are not usually that brave. We just had to deal with a coyote like that. So perhaps call the wildlife people.

    Oh and I have to say it isnt the boys that quit kissing mommy in public, for me it has been my daughter. And you will always be the most important 'girl' in his life, don't you worry!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! Love your beautiful cards, as always!♥
    And congrats on winning the Guest Star Stamper Contest! So well deserved too!

    Have a wonderful vacation!

    Hugs,
    Aud

    ReplyDelete
  13. So gorgeous card, love it. Great papers and colouring! Hugs, moni

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous cards sweetie, beautifully coloured , hope you have a great time on your vacation.. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous! You do some amazing work! I love reading your blog every day for inspiration! Thank you for always sharing!
    Enjoy your break - obviously you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Suzanne, you do get your share of wildlife, don't you, with snakes and foxes and all? Another 2 amazing cards. The image of Willow is very sweet and I love the colours here. The gumball card is very cute.
    Have a wonderful vacation.

    Hugs.
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  17. great cards, love your work, please check out my blog where there is something for you to collect,
    hugs,
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. These cards are so beautiful! Love the a Whiff of Joy card.
    Love the red & black color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your cards, especially the WOJ card, absolutely beautiful!!! I love the wildlife story about the fox...you have the best tales about your animals and the backyard, honest to gosh!!! You need a vacation to get away.... Have a great time and enjoy it with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your cards - especially the Willow-card is absolutely stunning, great colours and layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your cards! Especially your antique wiff of joy. Black and red one of my fav couler combo's love the way you have made such stiking colours look so soft and aged. Thanks for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover