Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Heather!

Hiya Stampin' Friends!! Is everyone super-busy this day before Thanksgiving? I know I am, and as you're reading this I'm probably headed down to my mom's (2 hrs south of me) for a few days. I finished 5 of my Xmas trees and all my other decorations (except outside) are done & I'm exhausted--whoooosh! Saturday we'll go to the Xmas Tree farm and get our 2 real trees and Sunday the outside decorations will get done (please let the weather cooperate)! My holiday luncheon is next Tuesday and I have a loooong list of stuff left to do, ahhhh!!
Alrighty, onto my cards for the day...


My first card today is a "HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEATHER"!!! Hope your day is super special & fun! Heather Rolin is the WONDERFULLY KIND owner/illustrator for H&M Stamps and the DT is having a BIRTHDAY BLOG HOP for her. So if you're just stopping here & want to start at the beginning to see all the birthday projects you need to start with Carolina; if you want to see who's next in line then visit Tracy! Don't forget to stop by Heather's blog and give her some big Birthday Hugz!!

My card uses the H&M stamp set "My Favorite Valentine"--I think this puppy image is sooo adorable and I love to make my stamp sets versatile & the images in this set work for more than just one occasion. The dp is Basic Grey's "Cupcake", colored with Copics, stickles for accents and the sentiment is from PTI's "B&C Mongram Edition" that I bent on my acrylic block to fit the circle.


My second card I really have to put down in my all-time favorites (YILM, lol)--I love this image from Magnolia-licious called "Tilda w/ Hood"(she's on sale right now too)! The holiday coats on the Tilda's for their winter 2008 collection are just to die for--so cute & elegant. And I lovee these colors together, fun & dramatic all at once! I based my colors on this to-die for dp from Dovecraft (this is Hint of Pink). Have ya heard of them? No, well they're based over in the UK and no one carries them here in the US---well, until now that is, lol! Susana from Susana's Custom Art & Card Design has many of their design packs in stock and will be ready for purchase come this MONDAY and I tell ya the papers are delish & soooo fun! And the best part is no one else has it right now, so ya need to get some fast for sure! I colored w/ Copics and used Glitz Stickles on her fur trim. The snow is made with liquid applique which I applied after sponging on some lt. pink ink around her. The flowers are Petaloo's and the sentiment is from PTI's "Mailbox Greetings".
I hope ya liked everything today and I wish you and your loved ones a very Happy Thanksgiving Holiday! I'll see ya back here on Saturday!
hugz,
Suzanne





28 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Heather :)

    I LOVE the doggie card, Suzanne it is so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great birthday card for Heather, she's going to love the colourful and playful doggie card. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous cards!!! You sound incredibly busy too! Where do you put all your trees?! LOL! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cards Suzanne! That puppy is so cute and I love your Magnolia card. That paper is yummy, I'm so glad Susana is going to be carrying it. Happy Thankgiving to you too :)
    Hugs, Christine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my...both cards are adorable!!! I love how colourful and fun Heather's birthday card is!!
    Your Magnolia card is cute! Love those images too!
    Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh...these are TOTALLY adorable! I love that little puppy stamp, I've been trying to refrain from using it yet but I think I might have to take it out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how your colored the cute doggie and the fun bright DP on Heather's card!

    and your Tilda is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suzanne these are just too cute. love them all. Heather's gonna love that cute BD card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. aaaaaaaaaw! these are both super CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous cards, that puppy is just too cute! Enjoy your Thanksgiving Holiday - and looking forward to seeing the trees! hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a really lovely Tilda card you have done. The papers are lovely as being in the UK have some myself and your use of copics for the colouring is just fantastic - just wish I could get used to them!

    Jayne xx
    hayward69.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute card. I love this Tilda too. I have used her with my challenge and will be posting her soon. Have a great Thanksgiving.
    Hugs,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello lovely, would really love to see photos of all your chrimbo trees!

    Pop on over to my blog, I have left something there for you! :D xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great cards. The dog is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both of your cards are Go-jus!! Love the Tilda.. but you know me.. I'm crazy over them! I'm going to have to check out this new paper line!! How fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both are darling!!!
    Your coloring is seriously AMAZING!!!! Holy cow!!!!!!!!!!!
    Glad you are on the team! I have been enjoying your blog and trying to learn from your coloring!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What gorgeous cards!!! They looks so great with the cute images and your fantastic colouring. Love them!!
    Hugs
    Moni

    ReplyDelete
  18. So the secret was the dp! I was thinking about that...Love the new dp and I am going to have to check this out on Monday. Love your coloring (always!)and the Tilda - I ordered one too! Can't resist the word "sale"! I call it "spaving" - spending money to save money, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my Wowing stars! Another great use of this fabulous image! I'm so grateful for all your talents and the generosity of this wonderful design team! I'm such a lucky person to be surrounded by so many wonderful and talented ladies, and not a day goes by that I don't think about how lucky I truly am! Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness!

    Hugs to you girlie girl!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous cards, I love the colours on Tilda!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG Suzanne!!! I love it!!! So cute and love the highlights on the dog!! Your coloring rocks girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous birthday card! Both cards are just stunningly colored!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Suzanne, she is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love the colors and she looks so cute and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Suzanne, I just love your color choices for Tilda card!! Gorgeous!!
    Hugs,
    :) Irina

    ReplyDelete
  25. these cards are adorable! (as always!)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just adore this cutie doggie! I love this line of paper from Basic Grey. And you already know how much I love this Tilda and the papers! I'm going to have to get me some of that! I left you something on my blog. Stop by and take a peek.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This little dog is just darling!! And your coloring on both is fantastic as usual!! I always love your creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hope you had a GREAT Thanksgiving Suzanne! What great cards you have! I absolutly LOVE your Tilda card! The pink and black is awesome! I am so excited to hear Susanna is carrying Dovecraft paper! I have been wanting to get some a long time! Thanks for the heads up!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover