Monday, April 22, 2013

Red, White, Blue & Cute!

Hello Friends!  Hope your week has started off well so far!  I got my Invisalign braces today and I must say my mouth is SORE and my jaw is throbbing...makes me not wanna eat...guess that's a good thing huh? LOL!  I had braces in high school but when my kids were very small my dentist took out my permanent retainer I'd had in since the braces had gone away.  Well in 15+ years time my teeth have mostly moved back to where they once were...the top isn't so bad but the bottom...oy vey.  So 9 months of these babies...new ones every 2 weeks and best part is you can't really tell I have them in.  So I figure I carried 2 babies for 9 months right...I darn well can do this for 9 months LOL!  After I'm done I will wear a permanent retainer at night for the rest of my life....so I NEVER have to do this again ugh!

In other news its a busy week...when isn't it right LOL?  Alexa's birthday is on Thursday and we are headed up to Baltimore's Jimmy's Seafood Restaurant for the Raven's Draft Party...we get in early, meet the players and eat some yummy crabs.  Did I mention the part where I embarrass the CRUD out of Alexa while we are there...oh yeah baby.  Her fave player is Torrey Smith and he will be there...so I'm gonna ask him to sing Alexa "Happy Birthday"...shhhhhh don't tell hee hee!  I will be videotaping that :)  I still can't believe she will be 17....where does the time go huh?



**And starting on Friday the CMC Classroom kicks off its 3rd Birthday Bash festivities as well.  So all can join in on the fun....lots of fun challenges, games, a blog hop and awesome prizes!!  I will have more details on Friday for ya!

**********************************

Red, White, Blue & Cute!!



Today I'm using another cute NEW Elisabeth Bell for SCACD from the "Fairydust Collection" and this one is called "Little Acorns, Big Dreams'.  Isn't she a lil-wittle-cutie?  My papers are a mix of PaperMania's blue pack and Bazzill Basics in red which is 15% off now (this Doodlebug Stars & Stripes paper would be a great alternative too).  I got new dies...I got new dies...lemme do the happy dance now ok hee hee AND I used them.  I used two of them anywho and both are Memory Box dies "Prized Chrysanthemum Outline" and "Lavish Branch"... I added some Stickles to the branch's flowers as well as inking them.  The sentiment die and sentiment are both from PTI.  Then I used some fab PTI ribbon to tie it all off.

I'm entering her into the following fab challenges:



She's colored with Copics:  B39, B34,B21 / R29,R24,R22,R20 & W5 / E11,E00 / E50,E25,E31.  Stickles on her wings and trim and leaves.  I paper pieced her apron with matching paper I used on the card and then shaded it a bit with W3.  Diamond Glaze on the bucket for shine.



That's it for me today...see ya on Wednesday!



9 comments:

  1. Such a cutie, love those die cuts, can't wait to see the video, that's what Moms are for right LOL
    Have a great time. Happy Birthday Alexa
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Suzanne I love Elisabeth Bell images and this one is no exception
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The braces will become much better! I had them and they were so easy compared to what my kids went through with the metal braces! You will love them! I wear a retainer every night now that is just like the invisalign. best way to do braces!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful Suzanne. Love those dies. Happy Birthday to Alexa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card. I hope your mouth is feeling OK

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely gorgeous. Love the layers and design with the diecuts and bow. Thanks for playing at QKR Stampede and good luck. Hope to see you back friday for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member at QKR Stampede!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a stunning card, love the colour combination. good luck with the challenge! hugs, Vickie, challenges 4 everybody dt xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card with amazing colouring. Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley this time x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Suzanne,
    fabulous card with beautiful bright colours!
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more, good luck and welcome again;-))m

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover