Thursday, April 4, 2013

Saddle Up!

Happy Thursday friends?  Did ya miss me? heehee....well I'm backkkkkk!  I didn't post while I was gone because 1) internet on Hilton Head Island is almost non-existent most days/nights and 2) We were running around so much that I was exhausted LOL!  Plus a few weeks off every year from blogging is good for my soul I have found ;)  We had a great Spring Break although it was very busy and not as warm as I woulda liked..but we got to spend time together so that's what is most important.  I have some pics below of the Luke Bryan, Florida-Georgia Line, and Thompson Square concert that me, Alexa & my mom went to in Charlottesville, VA.  And I got a fun story for you..well it wasn't funny at the time I must say.  I pre-ordered my tickets thru the Luke Bryan fan club months ago and got pit tix for the 3 of us.  I had a printed receipt that said exactly what I ordered right...right yes LOL.  So the box office opened at 3 pm on Saturday and we got there at 3 pm so that we could stand in line to run in and get good position around the stage...duh...I will stand for HOURS if need be to get good spots ;)  Got the tix and looked in envelope...they were for floor tix not pit.  Ummmm someone made a big oopsie...so I go back to the window and tell them I should have pit tix and show them my receipt.  The lady calls the manager who comes and looks at my receipt...NEVER looks at me and says nope she has floor tix cuz that's just what she got.  UMMMM WTH???  No, no, no...I got pit tix lady but she wouldn't do anything, good thing there was glass separating us cuz I woulda jumped on her no lie ugh and so rude..PAH.  So I was PISSED...yes PISSED BIG TIME and yes I just typed that...you won't wanna know what words came out of my mouth at the time.  Alexa is about ready to cry because she was so excited to be in the pit and I'm steaming.  So I start emailing everyone I know about the tix that may be able to help.  The fan club, credit card company, the venue, etc.  Then I started tweeting...I'm big on Twitter, I love it...and I'm lucky to say a lot of the country stars follow me on Twitter....what does that mean?  It means you can DIRECT MESSAGE them folks...yep like a text.  So I start tweeting Florida Georgia Line cuz they follow me, Luke Bryan fan club and Luke Bryan's tour manager and everyone else I know in country music land LMAO.  Now the tour guy just started following me a month ago...and I suddenly remember that he followed me and I'm like "let's see if he responds".  So we sit outside with everyone that has pit tix...boo hoo...and wait..and wait.  No one has responded by the time they open the doors so sadly we walk to our seats...which are only a few rows from the stage BUT STILL NOT WHAT I PAID FOR KWIM.  But I told Alexa at least we were there and its all good, you just gotta make lemonade from lemons sometimes and put on a happy face!  So about 10 mins later I get a tweet from the tour manager...OMG...he asked where we were sitting...so I immediately tweet him back with our row and seat #'s.  No response...SIGH...pouty face...LOL!  Then about 15 mins before the show begins a lady comes out and asks my mom if she's "Susan"..Alexa says "you mean Suzanne?" and she says "yes"...I'm like "that's me, that's me"....well she came out with 3 pit tix armbands for us...YEP sent by the tour manager to us.  OMGEEEEEEE IS RIGHT PEOPLE!!! So my mom is a bit confused...she thought it was just one ticket for me and she was still sitting LOL and I'm like "MOM, get up...goooooo, move quick, gooooooo".  I was so excited I almost kissed the gal...she hadn't known what happened so I explained it to her...then we RAN to the pit to get a good spot.  Amazingly we were 2 people from the stage for the entire show....it was AMAZING...and Alexa got Luke Bryan's guitar pic so she was ecstatic.  What a NIGHT I TELL YA!!!  So the moral of the story is.....Tweeting regularly on Twitter can pay off when you need it to LOL.  AND HEY BOX OFFICE MGR...YEAH YOU....GUESS WHAT...I WENT ABOVE YOU AND GOT MY TIX SO HA HA HA IN YOUR FACE...yes my childish self could not resist cuz she was just soooo darn rude ugh!  So if you don't follow me on Twitter (Suzanne J Dean)....well you can...but I will warn you its a "personal" account so there isn't any crafting or stuff on it...its all about sports, life, random thoughts and music on my Twitter...not like my Facebook ok...so don't be surprised hee hee!  Anywho I owe that tour mgr a lot and I tweeted him many thanks...I still can't believe it happened but SO HAPPY it did!

If you want to see some pics of our Spring Break...then hop over to my new blog "Bitz of Me'...I've posted them all there!!

Concert Pics:


***************************************

SADDLE UP
Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy!!
(in honor of my Lukey Bryan, the title is a country song if you haven't heard it heehee)


So in honor of my country concert fun I present a Saddle Up & Rock It Country card using a fun Mini Magnolia "Cowgirl"...seemed appropriate eh? LOL!  She's so cute and fun to color I couldn't resist!  The newest collection of Magnolia stamps "Once Upon A Time" is coming (preorder now) and GUESS WHAT? There will be mini Magnolia stamps to match as well....yayyyyyy...so stay tuned!  I used some fun papers by Farmhouse Paper Company called Fair Skies and roughed them up with my Zutter Distress machine and inked.  The kraft cs mat behind the image got embossed with a wood grain folder then inked and flowers made with my Nellie Snellen punches.  I added some fun swirls (Doohickey die by Magnolia), sheriff-like stars and pinwheels and buttons.  The sentiment is a fun one from Paper Trey Ink's set "On the Farm"...its a fun one!

She's my Mini Monday card for this past Monday at the Magnolia-licious Challenge blog...no internet meant no posting so I apologize for being late with this.  See the other DT gals cards HERE and don't forget to join in our Tuesday Spring Challenge HERE!



She got colored with Copics:  B39,B34,B21/ C3,C1 / E25,E31,E50,YR20/ E11,E00,R20.  Some Stickles on her boots and around on the Copic colored background for sparkle.  I stamped some airmail/postage stamps around the image for a fun look.



See you back here tomorrow with another fun project!!  Have a goodie!


9 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, just amazing!!! Love your story and how it finished! Good job, you fought for what you should have gotten. Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome! I might have to take the Twitter plunge myself, it truly came in handy :) So glad you all got what you paid for too! Love your card!
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card and image Suzanne..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've missed you! Glad you had such a great trip and Woot! Woot! for Mr. Hot Pants Lukey! So glad things worked out for you guys and the pit passes. Was so worth it and this would only happen to you! Great pics and this card is so over the top! Love the papers, the stars, and the flowers are perfect for this western theme. Love the blues and browns. She's just way too stinkin cute for herself!

    Hugs,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card ... and I'm so glad you got the proper tix for the concert!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! Love your stories. They are always entertaining!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a heck of a good time at the concert, Suzanne. Lots of great photos. So glad you got your pit tix afterall.
    Love your cowgirl card, just perfect for this post, right? Love your awesome coloring and papers, design and embellies work so well together. Hope you have a weekend.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is too cute! Love your Tilda! She looks like she is ready to "Cowgirl Up!" Love the papers and the embellishments you've paired. It's a wonderful inspiration!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover