Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Love Nest!!

Hiya friends and happy Tuesday to you!  Wow we finally got some storms here in Virginia and some much needed rain. I was starting to think that we were living in a dust bowl—blech!  I am very sore today---pilates kicked Suzanne’s bum yesterday so I’m walking around like a zombie LOL—a very STIFF & SORE zombie!  But its all for a good reason right? RIGHT??? LOL!  Alexa is in the midst of cheerleading Boot Camp and tryouts this week so I’m running stinky, sweaty girls around in between getting work done.  She’s hoping to make varsity this year so I’m crossing my fingers for her and if you could send out some good luck wishes too, I’d be grateful!!  She’s been working out like mad and getting her back handsprings down and I would hate to see her disappointed.  You know how us parents seem to suffer more for our children than the children themselves at times, LOL.  Wonder if that ever stops ya know?  When do we stop feeling their pain, embarrassment, suffering, sadness?  Never? I always agree when I hear people say there is NO harder job than being a parent---there really isn’t.  But I figure if we are blessed with children than we ought to do the best darn job that we can dontcha’ think?  Even if we feel like we aren’t, as long as the effort is always made and love is always shown than I think we are doing a pretty good job.  BUT ITS HARD, no doubt about it LOL!  The “What to Expect When You Are Expecting” (my pregnancy bibles) did NOT tell you about all the heartaches of parenting or how to deal with teens and their angst that’s for sure! I think we were shortchanged---they soooo need to write a book about all of that so we are somewhat prepared!  LOL!

NewsBitz:

-The Dare To Get Dirty 2011 Challenges are up and running over at Splitcoast Stampers HERE. If you are a fan club member you can join in on all the fun over there—great challenges by all the Dirty Dozen Alumni. If you aren’t a fan club member but want to find out how to become one, go HERE! My challenge will be up on Aug.3rd so if you would like to join in hop on over there asap!!

-If you haven’t entered in all the BookEndz challenges yet—you still have thru Aug.4th to do so!  Lots of fun challenges, great prizes including a NEW KINDLE and our book announcement!

********************************************************************

Gina K August Release Blog Hop!!

We are very excited to extend an invitation to Gina K. Designs August Release Party. We have a fun evening planned for you - chatting, prizes, challenges, stamp sets reveal, design team shares, and most importantly, at the end of the party you will be able to go shopping!  If you came from Michelle Woerner’s fantastic blog, you're at the right place. If not make sure to head over to StampTV where you will find a list of all those participating in today's hop.

Hope to see you at the party, here are all the details:
lovenest2

Today the Gina K DT is kicking off the August Release stamp sets and they are FAHHHH-BULOUS!  I’m sharing a project made with the new StampTV Kit set called “Falling For You”---as always there are a TON of fantastic and whimsical images in this set.  I used just two for mine to create a BRIGHT card for you all today LOL!

P1110719_edited-1

I got my color scheme inspiration from the gray skies outside, hee hee—I needed some bright colors for my sanity ok!  The cs is a mix of colors from Gina K’s Luxury Cardstock line and I used a new Jumbo MS punch for the fun trims (these large punches punch both sides of the paper—I cut it in half and added it to each side of my paper strip).  A fun bow made with my Bow Easy, some buttons and cute sentiment from the set finish it off.  Isn’t that house too cute? Love it!

P1110716_edited-1

Yep that house is colored with Copics: Y18,Y13,Y11,Y00 / BG05,BG02,BG000 /R05,R02,R00.  And of course it has some of my fave Stardust Stickles and Crystal Lacquer on the windows.
Head on over to Tami Mayberry’s wonderful Blog to see what card she's sharing with you today and see you back here tomorrow for the beginning of our three day Inspiration Blog Hop series for August!



35 comments:

  1. This is a most FABULOUS card!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE the layout and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost missed seeing your card, and it is great with all the happy colors! It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whimsical indeed. Reminds me of a Fairy tale or Mother Goose rhyme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzanne - What a cute and colorful card - Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a happy and lovely image and amazing bright colours combo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I love what you have done with this whimsical little house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, so very cute. Love the colors you used....so bright & cheerful

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soo Cute, love your colors & layout!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic creation Suzanne!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card Suzanne.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the colors you used on this card. Your creation is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card! Love the bright and whimsical color combination that you used. This card is has such a different look from what you usually do.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Suzanne, I don't often comment, but you are so right about being a parent! You need a license to fish, but not to be a parent! Have you had her first heartbreak? My DD was assaulted her first year of college 3,000 miles away, we found out her junior year! So far, it doesn't go away! I can say though, DD is my hero because she is tough as nails and twice as smart and beautiful and hard working and and and.... And your card is beautiful, I love that little house! If your cheerleader ever heads to Urban Outfitters in G'town, call first! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so cute and colorful and full of good cheer. What a fabulous little house image and an awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the color combo. Cheered me right up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty card and such bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your bright color selections are wonderful and do improve the spirit. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a cute fun card... lovely bright colors - gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous "Love Nest" card. Good Luck to Alexa and making the varsity squad.

    ReplyDelete
  20. SUPER cute little home! LOVE the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your colors and the card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aloha Suzanne,

    This house is so cute. I can't wait to see the rest of the set! I love your coloring, blending, and you have the most layers out of any card I've seen today!!

    Thank you!
    Rosy

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a super cheerful house and card Suzanne. I just love this image and you've made it so colourful and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The colors you chose look wonderful together. One of my favorites. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  25. Of course wonderful colors so nice and bright and beauitful. I sure hope Alexa makes cheerleading. Nothing is more terriable when you tryout and do not make it. Tell her good luck.. It is good for you to get out with her, I sure now the pain you are in. If you keep it up it will go away.
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  26. Suzanne-as a parent of 2 twenty somethings, I can tell you - NONE of those feelings ever go away! Guidance and lots of love and support are so vital! Alexa is a beautiful young woman who seems to have such a sunny disposition - but teenagers are difficult! I wish her the best of luck in making the cheer squad! If she is anything like her mother - she can move mountains! :) And your sunny happy card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Suzanne, GREAT card, so whimiscal! Love the bright colors you chose, the layout is wonderful and I really like your little tag, 2 cute!

    ReplyDelete
  28. That is such a great card. I really love the colours you chose and how you coloured the house

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the mixture of happy colors.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Another awesome card! Love the colors! Good luck to Alexa!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love all the layers and the colors are great!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fantastic colors. The card is so bright and fresh and fun to look at!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover