Saturday, March 19, 2011

Chattin' Retro Style!!

Big Hello's to You All this fabulous Saturday in March!  Hope your weekend is off to a swell start!  My mom is in town visiting and we had an GORGEOUS day of weather in VA yesterday.  It was high 70's with a light breeze and sunny blue skies--my kind of weather.  We have all the windows open and it's so nice to get the house aired out after a long, brutal winter!  We spent most of the day and evening outside on our patio.  We grilled out and then had dessert in front of our outdoor fireplace. We're hoping to get lots of enjoyment out there this year and on Sunday we are going to pick out a few trees and shrubs for the landscaping around the patio.  I can't wait to get my hands in the dirt and plant our garden and fill all of our outdoor pots with beautiful flowers---I just love the greens and pretty colors that spring brings.  Totally energizes me and makes me so HAPPY!  Today we are going shoe shopping (hee hee) and then out to lunch as a treat and maybe have a movie night as well.  So I hope you all are enjoying some awesome family time as well!  I'll see you back here on Monday with a fun Magnolia-licious Blog Hop!


NewsBlitz:

-The Birthday Celebrations are STILL ongoing thru the 21st at the CMC Classroom!  Everyone is welcome to come and join in on all the fun.  There are lots of challenges and FANTASTIC PRIZES including a grand prize that you won't want to miss AND a way to donate for Japan Relief thru World Vision.  So stop by HERE to check it all out!

*****************************************************************
Chattin Retro Style!


If you missed out seeing the new Retro Style stamps from Victoria Case for SCACD, then you are MISSING out, LOL!  These images are so much fun & just make ya smile :)  I did a Mrs. Cleaver project HERE using another one of these cuties!  This image is called "Call Me"--I love her style and fun phone.  Do you remember using those phones? I sure do and I remember trying to stretch the cord as FAR AWAY from my family and into the bedroom as I could until I finally got my own phone when I was 13, lol---ahh the memories.  Nowadays kids wouldn't know what to do with a phone like this, hee hee!


I picked my fun color scheme from these awesome new BoBunny papers called "Ad Lib" which seem to be made just for this image!  I love the retro style and colors of these papers and I totally played off of those.  I cut rings using my different shaped Spellbinders Circle Dies and scattered them around---I always think rings/circles are very retro.  I added a bow with a button topper and the lil' fun sentiment is from an older Hannah Stamps set--so perfect!


And yep this cutie is colored with Copics: BG45,BG43,BG10/YR18,YR15,YR12,YR00/Y06,Y02,Y00/E11,E00/E25,E50,E31.  I added stardust Stickles to her top, bow and shoes for bling and some Smooch Ink to the phone for some metallic shine on the dialer.

Hope this card brightened up your day and I'll see you back here on Monday!  Enjoy your weekend!




9 comments:

  1. What a great card! I so do remember those phones and I believe we still have one in our family homestead in the country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gogeous card Suzanne,I love the image and your papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that adorable image. And I'm very jealous of your weekend...it's still pouring rain over here in Seattle and COLD! Thanks for sharing the cheerful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your card is gorgeous Suzanne. I am in awe of your colouring! One day... I've been doing these AMAZING online classes by someone called Suzanne Dean and I'm determined to be able to colour like you one day! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh.........what a cute & super fun card, Suzanne! I remember those phones soooo well....cuz.....well....I'm old. LOL When I was growing up we had ONE phone......and it was a WALL phone. So no stretching the cord anywhere. LOL And it was in the kitchen. LOL Too many fun memories.

    anywho.........back to your card. I love the idea of making rings with the circle Nesties. I always forget all the different things you can do with those so thanks for the reminder.

    Your coloring is of course FABulous (goes w/o saying KWIM).

    Have fun shoe shopping! 'course I really don't think I have to tell you that. LOL
    Huggies ~
    Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous card, love the bright colours x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card! I haven't visited you in awhile and love the new banner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this color combo..and believe me I run from orange! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhh wonderful colors! Love it!
    Janine

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover