Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Lil' Birdie Told Me!!

Happy Tuesday everyone! I had a busy, busy day creating yesterday but got alot done so that makes me happy. I even got all my laundry done & a 55 min. workout--woohooo! I forgot how good it feels to work your body out and know that you're burning lotsa fat cells, LOL! We'll see how it goes---8 weeks & counting!!

**Don't forget to stop by Susana's Store blog "Follow Your Heart" and check out the sneaky peeks of the new stamps coming out on Friday by Victoria Case (OMGoodness are they cute-a-licious)!! While you're there enter for the YUMMY BLOG CANDY too!!**

So today is Tuesday, so that means it's "Try It Out Tuesday" for Susana's Store Blog!! I challenged the DT to create cards that were NOT a square or rectangle shape today!! It's always fun to make cards in a different shape & so fun to give & recieve too! I made a gift to go along with my card today. This cute lil' birdhouse was created from a FREE template by Nichole Heady for PTI (ya know I lovee my PTI)--very easy to print & assemble! My cs is from PTI also and the polka-dots were created with PTI's "Polka Dot Basics" for the bg.

My card features this fabulous new Lockhart stamp "Wicker Chair" that I colored with Copics & added some fun polka dots to the chair cushion to match. I used my Nestabilities Labels 1 (now 15% off at Susana's) to make my card shape. Gingham ribbon is from PTI & the rose is from Prima.

I just adore the shape of this birdhouse--so cute! I used my CB embossing folder on the roof to give it texture & then added some ink to distress it a bit. I cut my hole out with a scalloped nestability & covered the window with vellum so the inside was hidden a bit. My birdhouse holds 6 teabags inside, but you could put lots of lil' gifts in there! The flowers are hydrangeas & roses from Prima.
The tag was made using my Nestability Labels 4 (lovee this shape for tags) and stamped PTI's "Tea for Two" sentiment on it and also Lockhart's "IB Birds". Tied a bow thru the roof and thru the tag & added some more Primas.
I made my birdhouse open on one side and it closes with a Basic Grey Magnet--I just added a little tag for the magnet to stick on to. This whole birdhouse was put together with Scor-Tape--so its super strong!! Hope you liked the projects today??


So make sure and stop by the "Follow Your Heart" blog to see the rest of the DT's brilliant creations!!


See ya tomorrow!
hugz,
Suzanne




14 comments:

  1. Oh, so sweet, and a lot of work! Fabulous done! hugs Nilla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally cute and beautiful! WOW, such a great project - I LOVE it!♥♥♥

    Will have to try out that bird house template some time, thanks for sharing! =0)

    Hugs,
    Aud

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just an awesome little gift! You have thought of every detail here and carried it out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cool idea for the magnet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it and I've been planning to make one of those cute birdhouses for some time - but not got around to it. Yours is stunning! Kram - Anki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous creations Suzanne, especially love the little bird house, so pretty. Hugs Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG - how stinkin' cute are these?! I LOVE the birdhouse - great idea for the magnet. I also love the card. I forget to do different shaped cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, so sweet! I adore the bird house and what a great way t package tea bags! Love the soft colors of the card. Just beautiful!

    Hugs to you

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful projects! i love the bird house, I'd love to know how you did that, what a clever idea.
    Hugs, Christine :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Suzannne...this is beyond darlin'!!! The birdhouse is so well constructed and such beautiful details!!! The card is sooo sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your birdhouse! I have always wanted to try that and hope I get a chance to real soon!
    Very pretty card and love those colors together too!
    Hugs,
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my gosh! This is so flippin' adorable! Such pretty colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. the projects are so beautiful. I love your colour combo and that tree-house is adorable! I LOVE it! Thanks for the challenge!
    Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love what you did with Nichole's template- Your birdhouse is adorable! Your blog is very well-done, and I'm always inspired when I view your creations. Unfortunately, then I have to go to work. Can't do much with inspiration at the hospital...But there's always days off!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover