Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Flower Girls!!

It's Happy Hump Day & we're halfway thru the week & almost to the holiday weekend! Can you believe that I didn't know Memorial Day was this weekend, LOL! Is it possible to be so crazed & busy that you don't know the holiday is here--giggle. I really need a calendar taped to my dang forehead or somethin'--woweeee! Well yesterday was "weigh in" day for me and I am proud to say that I lost 3.5 lbs in 7 days---YAY!!! Only 19 lbs more to go, hee hee! I did the FIRM workout with 5 lb kettleball last nite & it totally kicked my bum--tuckered me out but I'm sure I worked off a ton of calories!! And I've been able to get over my "cherry coke addiction"--I only had one this weekend since my motto is 6 workouts=1 cherry coke, lol! Works for me!!

**NEWSBITZ--I have 3 new Copic Video Tutorials on my sidebar if you're interested (Videos 10, 11 & 12)! Included in each are some tips/tricks for using & stretching the capabilities of your Copics!! Tomorrow I will have a Colorless Blender video up to show you how many cool things it can do!! ***

So today I wanted to share a fun & cheery card I made using some new stamps that sweet Diana sent to me from Magnolia-licious. This lil' cute "Tilda with Bee" and Alota Rubber Stamps "Potting Shed" go hand in hand--I knew they would work fabulous together! My images are colored w/ Copics and I cut and popped Tilda up on top of the shed's stoop. My dp is from Cosmo Cricket and that fabulously appropriate sentiment is from PTI's "Flower Garden Sentiments" set. I cut the sentiment out with my Nestabilities Labels 3 and then traced the Nestability with my yellow Spica pen--then I stamped a Magnolia bee on the side!! So cute! Those flowers are from the Prima "Wildflower" collection that I stacked and adhered with dimensionals.
I addded stickles to the bee's wings, ivy & Tilda's shirt for some bling (a girl's gotta have it ya know)! I also added some grass underneath the shed in a few spots to bring in some more green to balance the card's colors. *Tip* after coloring Tilda's hair (E25, E35, Y21) I added some yellow spica pen to the lighter areas for some sparkle!!

Second card today uses another one of those Victoria Case for SCACD cuties--this lil' ballerina is "Belle" and she soooo reminds me of my daughter when she danced. I am so hoping Alexa decides to go back to ballet this year, she danced from age 3 till 12 and was so darn good at it! But she took the year off cuz' she said she felt burned out and wanted to do gymnastics, so we'll see...anywhoo! The dp is from DCWV and I wanted to carry on a soft monochromatic lilac scheme for this card. One of my new video tutorials shows how I colored her lil' ballet outfit & shoes! Those beautiful lilac roses are from Prima that I got at Emma's Paperie.

I added iced lavender Shimmerz to her tutu and some diamond stickles to her skirt for more sparkle! I also added flower soft to her flowery tiara! Perfect for the little ballerina or dancer in your life (she's for sale in my Etsy shop if you love her)!!


Alrighty, that was a long post, hee hee! I'm off to do more work & I'll see ya back here tomorrow!

hugz,
Suzanne



22 comments:

  1. Suzanne...Love both of your cards...as always they are just gorjus. I just love your work and check your blog daily. Thank you so much for the new videos I have not watched them yet but I will and I'm sure I will watch them over and over. I have learned so much from your videos. Thank you for the time that you give so freely to help people like myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are wonderful! I love the lavendars on the ballerina! So cute!
    Also love your scene with Tilda and the potting shed! I am so CASEing this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are absolutley beautiful Suzanne! Wow!!! I love the way you colored Tilda in and have the little house behind her! Such an adorable little scene. Can't wait to see the videos you added they are always so amazingly helpful1 And your purple ballerina card is gorgeous! Ir eally like these shades of purple! They are so dramatic and stunning!

    Ihear you about the Memorial day thing. I can't believe how fast the spring has flown by! Yikes!! And a huge congrats on your weight loss! That is fantastic!

    Smiles,
    janna

    ReplyDelete
  4. She turned out BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! You are such an inspiration and your videos are AMAZING!!!!!!

    One question regarding the Shimmerz......is there ONE color that will look great on top of any colored image?? For example, the Diamond stickles (which are my favorite too) looks good with ANYTHING.

    Thanks and hugs, T

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUPER ADORABLE, Suzanne! Both cards are! Doesn't Tilda look adorable in front of her shed! And that little ballerina in her purple tutu is so sweet! Fabtastic cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, Love, Love your cards! I am new to the Magnolia stamps and just can't believe how adorable they are. You are an inspiration to me...Tnanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go on the weight loss!

    I absolutely am in love with your Belle card - and those flowers are to die for! Love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suzanne
    Absolutely darling! Your scene with the potting shed and Tilda is wonderful! I love her colors and all your details! Those yellows & blues are just so pretty!

    That little ballerina is just too cute! I really like Victoria's digital stamps - I always get the ones that are for the guys - since it is so hard to find ones for them! You have done such a beautiful card with this cute ballerina!

    I love all your vidos - thank you for teaching me so much - it is really appreciated!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suzanne, both cards are so cute...I love that Tilda in front of the potting shed...she looks right at home...Hugs..Jacque

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet they both are! Love Tilda and that bumblebee is too cute! But Belle is over the top! Love the tutu and how it just stands right up! Gorgeous flowers! Just perfect, both of them!

    Hugs to you,


    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards both of them love the glitter you put on Tilda. thanks for the new videos

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are just great cards you made Suzanne. Both are so very cute. Of course your coloring work is just so wonderful as usual!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are fabulous, Suzanne! Love Tilda sitting on the potting shed stoop, and your little ballerina is too precious! Your coloring is wonderful as always!
    hugs!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Suzanne..you always inspire, but today..I think I may have to go home and put some ink an my Tilda witha Bee! Your's is fabulous! Thank you for all the inpiration you provide and all the info too. I have learned so much from you and referred so many other "newbies" to your blog. You are such a wealth of unending info and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the Tilda card! Glad to hear your kickin' butt with your workouts! I don't know where you get your energy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your videos are awesome and I learn a lot from you but no way in heck can I color like you. These are beautiful! You are an artist. Do you paint too? Or draw? You have a great eye for every detail. Thanks for the videos and tutorials! How in the heck do you manage to design for so many? You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bee utiful cards! Love the potting shed scene. This Tilda is perfect for this scene. Love the sentiment in the Nestie too. Thanks for the wonderful tutorials. I watched them today and realized I ran out of Diamond Stickles and had to go buy more after the video! Thanks so much for all of your sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Waw these cards are just waw, love the images and the papers! Hugs, Moni

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful cards Suzanne!! Love them both and your beautiful coloring too! I will have to make sometime to check out your new tutorials too. =)
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really beautiful card, super!
    I love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  21. o wow the magnolia card looks great!

    hugs
    daisy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Suzanne. WOW. I luuvvv... both cards. Your scene card with Tilda is fabulous. The many colours you used here just go so well together. And on the other, the minimal colours on the Belle cards make it just as a beautiful card.

    Thanks for the tips on the balloon strings. I will certainly do it that way the next time. It's less nerve wrecking. LOL.

    Hugs.
    Norma xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover