Saturday, February 28, 2009

Spring is a Comin'!!

Happy Weekend my Friends!! Have any happy plans in store for the weekend! We're staying home today cuz' we're going to the Washington Capitals game in DC tomorrow (that's hockey for those of ya not in the know, hee hee)--should be a good time! And they're calling for ice and snow on Sunday too--blech---where's my Spring?

BTW, thanks to all of you who found info for me on hatpins & accessories--I appreciate it! After much searching I found a company who sells the hatpin, endcaps & other accessories--if you're interested you can find them HERE !!!


Today the H&M Stamps DT gets to show their sneakie-peekies of the 3 new stamp sets that will be available for purchase on March 1st!! I'm previewing "Seasons of Trees" for ya today which is a really fun & versatile set! Included you get the tree and different images to put in & on the tree--I'm using flowers (for spring) but there is leaves and apples too and fun things to add on. I used the grass stamp, birdhouse, and small bird for my tree! Cuz' I'm soooo longing for Spring ya know :o) And I had to make my birdie a bluebird!!

I used Basic Grey's "Euphoria" dp which I thought matched the tree a bit and I love the fresh, springlike colors! I popped my tree up on dimensionals, colored it all with Copics and added these fun Stampendous flower stickers to the flower centers and around the card! The sentiment is from PTI's "Mailbox Greetings" set--very appropriate me thinks! Check out my DT sistah's below for more sneak peeks today!


Carolina - http://www.creativepad.typepad.com/
Julia - http://www.createwithjulia.blogspot.com/
Heather K – www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=91956
Heather R. - http://www.hlr976.blogspot.com/
Makiko - http://www.makinkstudio.blogspot.com/
Maria - http://www.scrapsbym.blogspot.com/
Melissa - http://www.instampingmode.blogspot.com/
Tracy - http://www.tracylynn00.blogspot.com/

My second project today is a fun little "Baby" set I made using one of Karen Lockhart's Itty Bitty stamps called "Goodnight Moon". Oh I loved reading that book to my kids when they were itty bitty's themselves--such a soothing nite-nite book! Whenever I give baby gifts I always include a couple of nice books and this is always one that include with my gift! Anywhoo....

I wanted to use soft baby colors that were "gender neutral" because its easier to have these on hand without a "girl" or "boy" color to tend with. The polka-dot dp is new from PTI--comes in a stack of all their lovely colors and I paired it up with their "Lemon Tart" cs and Aqua Mist twill ribbon. I colored my moons with my Copics, added some fun stickles to the moon's and popped 'em up with dimensionals. Just a fun card and gift tag that you could make multiples of, the new parents could use a set as thankyou's or even baby announcements!!


The pearls are from Kaiser and the sentiment is from PTI's "Mixed Messages" set--a great set to own! Make sure and check out Susana's Custom Art & Card Design for the entire selection of Lockhart stamps (buy 4 regulars & get an itty bitty free, free shipping over $100 too)!!

Make sure and visit my SUINK DT sistah's Colleen, Carolina & Laura for some more sneak peeks of the new sets out on March 1st! Lots of new stamps out there for ya to buy, oh my!!

Have a great Saturday,

hugz,

Suzanne

19 comments:

  1. Oh how gorgeous are these!!
    I love them to bits Sue!!
    The colours and colouring are awesome.
    Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. that tree is just the cutest! Beautifully coloured and embellished. Spring is nearly here, yippppeeee I love the baby cards too, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suzanne! I love checking yoiur blog every day! This is a beautiful, springy card! So pretty!
    I love your Magnolia sketch! Can't wait to get soomething going with it!
    Thanks! Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet! I love both cards and the tree made me smile and gave me hope for some flowers. I adore the baby card and book mark. What a lovely gift for babies - books. We're supposed to get snow tomorrow so I'll be thinking kind thoughts for you. Have a great time at the hockey game. I love hockey! Sorry I've been gone. I'm feeling better and I'll be back in full force in a day or two!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning, Suzanne! Love the new sneakie peek! You've definitely inspired me to be a better stamper...so thank you! Love your sweet baby card...so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your pretty spring tree Suzanne! what great colors and wonderful corner treatments - it makes me forget that snow is coming AGAIN tonight!!

    Your moon card is just adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful spring card Suzanne! Love the tree...it's gorgeous! Have fun at the hockey game! Hope Ovechkin scores for ya...and me...he's in my hockey pool...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE what you did with the tree!! Such a beautiful scene :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your spring card is beautiful - so uplifting! But, I have to say the "itty bitty" just rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Suzanne, I love how you did the tree!! Beautiful spring scene, too. At least, all of us can feel the spring air from your card :)

    I love the baby card, too! The colors are so soothing and soft.

    Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love them to bits Sue!! the cards are so bright and fun... stunning

    hugs trak xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such wonderfully beautiful creations Suzanne! Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your spring card in the pretty colours and the baby set is just darling! enjoy your weekend. hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your tree card is out of this world adorable!!! Love the DP you used with it and your coloring of the image is just perfect.

    Love your Itty Bitty card and tag...just so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE them all. :O) Love the colors and the pretty papers you chose....and your copic work is AMAZING.:o)
    TFS>

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful cards, Suzanne! LOVE that new tree image, and the baby card is just darling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh gosh.. I am loving the tree!! I just love coming to your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow these are amazing! I love the color combos on both and the way you offset the cirles on the first one! Your coloring of course is to die for and the ticket card on the second is such a great idea! Your creations are so inspiring!

    smiles,
    janna

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover