Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Make it Versatile!!

Happy Tuesday everyone! I am typing this up the nite before so my kiddo's might be home with me today due to the snow that was predicted----ack! I am SO ready for spring & flowers and warm weather, it's killin' me, lol! I guess it doesn't help that I'm still a bit under the weather, behind on all my chores & projects too :o) I have my son's 11th birthday, my Mom's birthday & Valentine's Day all looming in the next 10 days & have yet to get anything done for them, arghhhhh. Busy, busy....

Today's card was made for this week's Try It Out Tuesday Challenge #4 for Susana's Custom Art & Card Design. This week's challenge is to take a stamp that isn't necessarily made/used for Valentine's Day & use it! I love to challenge myself with the stamps I have on hand and use them in different ways, so this is always fun---makes what you have more versatile of course!

I chose Karen Lockhart's "Flowers in Chintz" stamp to use for my card & paired it up with this beautiful print from Basic Grey's "Bittersweet" dp. The sentiment & the heart image that I stamped over top of it are from SUINK's "Will You Be My Valentine" set. This sketch is this week's Mojo Monday #72--great for this image me thinks! I used a Blue Moon heart charm and white pearls for embellies.

Just a quick close-up that shows the Diamond Glaze I used on top of the vase & Stickles on some of the flower images. So I challenge you to pick out a stamp and make it work for a Valentine's Day card & upload it to SCS using the keyword "TIOT4". Make sure and stop by the store blog, Follow Your Heart to see the rest of the DT's lovely creations!

Until tomorrow....
Suzanne

20 comments:

  1. OOOOOOOH that is so pretty Suzanne! I love the added charm too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Suzanne, I love it! Hope you are feeling better!
    Hugs, Christine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suzanne, gorgeous card I don't think there is a shade of pink you missed :o)
    Hearts and Hugs
    Susana

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is stunning, Suzanne! I love the DP and the Diamond Glaze on the pitcher. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzanne your card is fabulous! I love everything about it, the layout, image, papers and all the pretty details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card - hope you get well soon!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am definitely already feeling ch allenged by that challenge. You did a fabulous job with that stamp and on that card! I want to try it out though, once my scraproom is back in order! Doing an overhaul so that I can actually remind myself of what I have! When you're feeling better, I want to come visit and shop at your place! LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Suzanne!
    Very nicely done! Love the reds and i simply like that charm you have there. Like the idea how you added those gemstones to the scalloped edge! Nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a beautiful card Suzanne! It's so gorgeous! Man I love that Bittersweet paper pack! It has to be my ultimate favorite ever! :) And I love everything you make with it!!!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. Suzanne, I have been itching for this Lockhart stamp for awhile and you just sealed the deal for me!!! I am going to finally buy it! You make it look so wonderful. I hope I can too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just gorgeous! I love this paper and the reds and pinks together are perfect! I love the Diamond Glaze and pearls. Perfect touch!

    Hope you're feeling better!

    Hugs to you,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful!! You did such an amazing job with this stamp and I love the glaze on that pot! The papers are fantastic and the layout is amazing! Great job!

    Smiles,
    janna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Susan, the card is beautiful! I love the color combination and the layout. Who is the image by? I would love to have some of those..it's just beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is one helluva gorgeous card!!! I'm in love with 'Bittersweet' and have got four pads of it now. I can't bear to use it. How sad am I when you see what wonderful results you get by being brave and using it.
    It's such a gorgeous card, I can't stop looking at it!
    Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful!! You did an amazing job with this!!

    Hugs,Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful card, Suzanne! Love that heart charm. Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover