Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Snow in July!!!



Hello everyone! Hope your Wednesday is going well. I have to say a big "YIPEE"--know why? Cuz' I FINISHED all of the 20 Dirty Girl Challenges today on SCS---yeah me!! I did it and can't believe I did it, it was fun, tiring and challenging that's for sure. I'll share some of the challenge cards with you over the next week or so.


So today I got some happy mail from my blogger friend Heidi. We swapped images--she sent me some oh so adorable Precious Moments images and I sent her Sarah Kay images. I want all of these Precious Moments stamps--LOVE them! I have alot of Precious Moments figurines, my mom started buying them for me when I was little and I have a ton!! Of course they're going for a small fortune over on Ebay, but I have my lil' eye on a couple that I want (don't ask me what I'm willing to pay cuz' you might faint away-lol)!! So, I'm sssssooooo thankful to Heidi for sending me a bunch, especially the Xmas ones--just darling.


Since I was so excited to get these PM images I just had to use one today. I decided to do the challenge over on Our Creative Corner this week--it's to make a Christmas card in July. Now I am definitely not one to get going on my holiday stuff early especially when it feels like 100 degrees outside--ya know what I mean? I love Christmas (I am a xmas addict and will have 9 trees in my house this year--yes I am a fanatic--I will post pics in December) but I just can't into the mood until fall when the kids go back to school--I want to enjoy the summer, not worry about how many days I have to make my xmas cards-lol!!


Ok, onto the deets of this card. I watercolored the image with my SU inkpads and Twinkling H2O's. I added some stickles to some of the Xmas decorations and put on liquid applique and puffed it w/ my heat gun for the snow. The yummy Xmas dp is from Basic Grey's "fruitcake" line that I got last year. I paired it w/ some Bazzill cs that I had. I used my nestabilities to cut out all of the circles (gosh, how I {heart} those things). The ribbon is from Michaels and those cutie-patootie white glitter dots I got from Gina K (love em--want them all)--don't they look like snowballs? The silver snowflake I got in a pack from AC Moore last year and I added a glitter dot to the middle and attached it to the ribbon center. For the final touch I used my Inkssentials pen to highlight the image some and add dots to the scalloped circle.


So there ya go--Merry Xmas in July!! It was fun to make, but I think I'll save my Xmas creations for the fall--I'm still on summer TIME people!! Until tomorrow...
Suzanne

9 comments:

  1. OMG- I should just send you the darned stamp (but I just can't) you did an amazing job on this and I love the colors. WOW- that is all I can say, I can't even use those stamps anymore as mine look pathetic! Glad you enjoy and I can't wait for mine to arrive. Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adorable image you received from your friend...what a fabulous Christmas card!!

    Congrats on finishing all those challenges. I still have 4 to go...ack! lol

    Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card! I need to check out the PM stamps on ebay. I'm sure I'll probably faint!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I just love this card!! I love your snow and the glitter, it's just a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH my goodness!! So beautiful and I am a Precious Moments fan too!! I've been collecting the figurines for years and would LOVE to get my hands on some stamps too!! I have a couple but my Mom is borrowing them right now. When I get them back, I'll let you know what I have and maybe stamp you up a few if you like!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH....Very splendid card Suzanne!!!!
    I love your composition!
    You have combination papers and colors it perfectly.
    I love your job!!!
    All yours cards have FANTASTIC.
    Hugs Mumur

    ReplyDelete
  7. ACK, OMGosh this is soooo adorable!! I could comment on all your amazing creations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Suzanne, Do you know if there is any place besides Ebay, where I can buy some adorable PM stamps?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover