Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Hootin' Happy Day!



Good afternoon again! I promised I'd be back with my finished "boy" card, didn't I? I always try and stay good on my word!

I've had just the happiest mail day today. First I got a box full of goodies (and I mean lots) from my bella sistah Cathy--over on the Bellaholics Anonymous Yahoo group for Stamping Bella we get matched up with a "sistah" for a few months and you chat and send goody boxes to each other. This week is her birthday, so I sent her a box of goodies too--but boy did I get alot--thankya, thankya, thankya Cathy!! She sent me lots of embellies, paper packs, rubons, ribbon & new Stella stamps-yippee!


I also got my huge box of goodies from All That Scraps--I spent over 1/2 of my monthly allowance on that box of goodies I tell ya (my stampin' allowance that is), but I saved some for all the new Gina K stamps coming out tomorrow--he he he! I got new Spica markers, new stickles, stamps, ribbon, buttons, inks and paper & more--yeah me!!! More to play with!

Ok, onto my "boy card" for the day. I made this card using one of my new stamp sets from PTI called "Wise Owl" and its cuter than cute--so many good sayings in it too. You can mix and match all his little parts so you're owls look different everytime (they're coming out w/ more owl belly stamps too for only $5). The sketch is for Julee's Mojo Monday sketch #47 (I flipped it around) and I also made this for the Dirty Girl challenge on SCS by Michelle that was to make a masculine card. I have to say this was out of my comfort zone--I like ribbon & flowers and such too much!!


I stamped this lil' guy on PTI's vanilla cs and stamped 1 of his bellies onto the new dp by PTI (which I thought looked very masculine, like a plaid shirt) and cut his belly out. I colored him in with Copics and then attached his paper pieced belly. I then cut him out and added diamond glaze to his eyes. I got all my brand spankin' new CB embossing folders the other day, so I had to use the "argyle" one since that seems so manly. I embossed SU's really rust cs and layered it on PTI's chocolate brown cs. I used my oval nesties to cut out 3 layers of cs & then attached the owl with dimensionals. I bent the sentiment on my acrylic block so that it would echo the curve of the oval (love to do that w/ the acrylic stamps--they bend every which way) and stamped using SU's markers. For the final touch I layered some buttons from MyMindsEye with glue dots and this lil guy was done. And for the final test--my son said it looked very "manly" and great for a guy--mission accomplished! :)


Alright, I'm on to finish up some things. We didn't get to go to the pool today because it's stormy and gray here today in VA. Oh well, maybe tomorrow. Until then...
Suzanne

2 comments:

  1. Such an adorable card. Love the buttons. Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! It's a great masculine card, and isn't it fun to be pushed out of our comfort zone sometimes? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover