Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Magnolia-licious Day








Happy Wednesday everyone! It's another beautiful day here in VA--hope it stays thru the weekend for the Fourth of July holiday! I am so happy to share some wonderful news with you--in fact I'm still twirling around the floor with glee (lol)!! Diana Crick from Scor-Pal, asked me to be on the Design Team for her new Magnolia-licious webstore--Yippee!! You know how much I adore these stamps and I look forward to sharing them with you both here on my blog and at the webstore. As you know, right now you can only get the Magnolia stamps overseas and Diana will be the first & only (as of right now) store here in the US to carry them!! Isn't that exciting--I'm over the moon :) So you'll be seeing more work on my blog with these cutie-pies! If you're interested in ordering from Diana she is shipping orders right now, please email her at magnolia.us@shaw.ca for info on her inventory.


I didn't have a Magnolia card finished today to share, it's not finished yet, but I wanted to share a card/gift set I made with my new MFT stamps. Tonight, as you've heard me say a bagillion times, is the release party over on SCS for all of MFT's new July stamps. Come on over tonight (9-11 EST) and I'll see ya there--lots of contests and prizes to be won! This particular card is made with one of last month's stamps by Annie LaPointe "Chamomile". The layout on the card is with this week's MFT sketch #37 on SCS. There are 3 of these stamps by Annie and more to be released tonight--I think they're all quite elegant myself. I have a "ton" of Anna Griffin paper that I hoard (cuz' I love it so much) and I really wanted to use some with this stamp. I liked the combination of sunny yellow and sage green paired with PTI's new vintage cream cs. The corners are punched with my retired SU corner punch and then the damask dp is tucked into them. I used yellow pearls from Ellen Hutson (love these because they have adhesive on the back already--you just pop them on) and the silk flower is from Prima called "Belle Fleur". The sentiment is from another MFT stamp set called "Can Ya Dig It" and I added only a few stickles to the flower centers.


The little gift is a flower seed packet (mine doesn't have a seed packet inside yet cuz' I still have to get one). This template/idea came from over at Lisa Johnson's Poppy Paperie (you can find all the details here). Really simple and quick to make--I used my Scor-Pal (if you don't have one of these--it is a must have--I use it everyday) to score the fold lines and punched a hole in top panel for ribbon. I used the same papers, but the stamps are from Verve Visual's "Filigree Fantasy". I stamped the smaller filigree on the cs with Brilliance "moonlight white" ink and the main image is stamped with the larger filigree with SU's certainly celery. I added more stickles and pearls to the front image and popped it on dimensionals so the ribbon could slide behind it. On the inside I stamped the same "Chamomile" image lightly with PTI's "lemon tart" inkpad and this is where I'll attach the seed packet. You could also enclose tea or some other drink mix inside if you wanted. I think these would be cute party favors at a tea party or even a kid's party invite with kool-aid mix in it--lots of things you could do with it!!
Thanks to Lisa for the template and cool idea!! :)


Ok, I have other things to finish up today because we are going out to dinner at 6 pm with friends tonight and I still need a shower (last of my priorities today :)). You'll see me over at the MFT release party tonight too--so don't forget to visit and say "hi"!!

See ya tomorrow--
Suzanne

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your Design Team appointment. I've often wondered when someone would snatch up your talent for their team. Keep up the inspiring work!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover