Sunday, June 15, 2008

Weekend Blitz!!









Happy Fathers Day & Sunday everyone! Yes, I am typing this blog at 12:30 am because I cannot sleep--I think I drank too much caffeine (gasp), so I decided to get this done & finished. I need some serious sleep therapy or something because I really like sleep alot, but I just can never get to sleep. We had Alexa's jazz recital today (5 hrs total w/ rehearsal before) & it pooped me out, you'd think I'd be ready for bed. But I just had to get onto PTI's release party and order all my new things right away, because I guess I'm psycho that way :)!!! So that has led me here...


I'm posting 3 cards today and a picture album of Alexa's dance pictures (all these pictures were taken at rehearsals this week). I think some of them turned out pretty darn good, considering we couldn't use any flash. Everytime I watch her dance it just amazes me...she's worked so hard to get where she is and she's so talented. God did not give me the "dancing" gift, I guess my gift is more of the creative, artistic variety (trust me you do not want to see me dance, I'm not a very coordinated person--I can't even follow an aerobics class-lol)!! She has to stand en pointe for a good minute or so in this dance & she does it so gracefully w/o any wobbling--so very hard for those dancers to do--just amazing!! I wish I could show you video of her dancing because its just beautiful (I'm just a little bit proud, ya know...wink)!! Anyhoo...

My first card is a card I made for my grandma's birthday (I made a couple but this was the final winner). I just love these "House of Mouse" stamps--this one is called "chamomile tea" and is so cuuuuute!! I love this little, sleepy bunny. It's colored with my copics to match the yummy, damask dp from Anna Griffin. She makes the most elegant & beautiful papers to work with--love them! The cs & ribbon is from PTI.

The second card is a birthday card I made for my dh's grandfather's 85th birthday. He has a home on the beach so I thought that this lighthouse stamp from Inkadinkado was appropriate. I love the sketched look of their new stamps. I colored it with both my Copics and my Prisma pencils with OMS/stumps--I liked the final watercolor look of it. The dp is from K&Company, the cs from SU. Just a little bit of stickles on the water & light (just a little-lol).

The third card I made was just a quickie bday card for my dd's friend. I love these new stamps from Gina K called "Froggie & Friends" & this sentiment just makes me laugh. There are a ton of stamps & sentiments in this set--lots of fun. I stamped this little turtle so it looks like his back end is flying up w/ the balloons. With this stamp set you can add the balloons to his tail and a party hat to him--lovin' it! The dp is new from American Crafts called "Celebration-Popcorn". This new line of paper & ribbon is so bright & fun---love the prints because they're smaller & just perfect for cards. Sometimes you get 12x12 paper and it's beautiful but the pattern is too large for some of your stamped images. Once again my image is colored w/ Copics & some stickles(had to throw some in somewhere) & squares/scallops were made with my nestabilities.
Ok, that's a long enough post for now. We have Alexa's ballet recital today and then a quick dinner out for my darling hubby. He's golfing in the am before the recital with his new personalized golf balls (gifted from the kids)--lol! Hope everyone has a great Sunday!
Suzanne

PS--Don't forget to check out PTI's new June releases!!
Here is the ballet album (double click on it to bring it to full screen)

3 comments:

  1. Love the cards, especially tea time, great job with the copics! I only have a few of them and am still learning, you use them so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards!!! I am your new Postabella card swap for June. I am currently out of state, (and no where near my stamps/cardmaking supplies with me), but promise that I will mail your card by the 25th of June! Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this cute turtle card...so funny, makes me smile every time :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover