Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Cherry Fun!




Happy Thursday everyone! It's almot TGIF--yeahhhh!! I don't know why I'm excited, we have my daughter's jazz recital on Saturday and her ballet recital on Sunday--which of course is Father's Day. Whadda day to have a recital, huh--I know most dad's would rather be fishin' or golfin', not watching dancing right? We'll probably celebrate Dad's Day next week by giving my dh a golf day and then dinner. The kids still have to finish their cards for him (add that to my ever mounting to-do list)! Then Tuesday is the last day of school. I'm both elated and depressed--no more projects or homework, yippee, but that also means no "alone" (aka quiet stamp time) time for me and my son & daughter fighting everyday (yuckO)!! Thank goodness for the pool and camps!


Todays project is one of my favorites so far this month because it involves cherries (ya know I love my Cherry Coke-lol) and I just love the summery colors. I picked up this cherry platter, dishtowel & coordinating spreaders in the Target $1 spot (love that place) a couple of weeks ago. I just loved the colors and vintage look of it all and knew it would make a great gift. I used the cherry stamp from SU's "Tart & Tangy" set to stamp a random background on PTI's lemon tart cardstock. The aqua cs is also from PTI (aqua mist) & the red cs is from SU (the colors all matched the platter perfectly). The sentiments are from Hero Arts "Thoughtful Messages" which I got from Stamp Desires (this set is great, so versatile). I also adore these cherry rhinestones from Heidi Swapp that I got from Ellen Hutson--they added just the right amount of bling to the card and label for the spreaders. Of course I used my nesties again (best money I've spent--I use them everyday) and the images are popped up with dimensionals. I think this will make a great thankyou gift or hostess gift this summer.


Ok, now I'm off to finish up my kid's teachers gifts so I can mark that off of my list. Hope you check out Pink Cat Studio's new stamp sets today--I'm ordering mine ASAP!! See ya tomorrow-
Suzanne
Vintage Cherry Gift Set--SU "Tart & Tangy" stamp set, Hero Arts sentiment, Heidi Swapp cherry rhinestones, nestabilities, Michaels ribbon, SU's soft sky inkpad, real red & old olive markers, PTI's lemon tart & aqua mist cs, dimensionals

2 comments:

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover