Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday Surprise!!



Happy TGIF! Ahh, it's almost weekend time and only 2 more days of school left. No more getting up at 6 am--yippee--we get to sleep in (we are a family of sleepers here)!! Two dance recitals this weekend and then we are officially done,well, except for camps. My daughter has to take 4 weeks of ballet camp (required at her level) and my son is taking 1 week of golf camp and 1 week of tennis camp. We'll probably go to Rehoboth Beach for a few days, and then my dh and I are taking an 8 day trip by ourselves this summer (so looking forward to that)!! The rest of the time we will chill--so need that--just doing whatever we want! Love Summer :)
Today's project is actually the one I was working on the other day -- you know the day the extreme heat here fried my brain-lol! This was the New Technique Challenge on SCS for this week and you can find the tutorial for it here. I just love doing challenging cards and this one was a little bit challenging--once you get one done, I'm sure it gets easier the second time around. I think I was overly challenged because I changed some of the dimensions and it was kind of trial and error the first go-around. The pop-up element was just calling for a cut-out popper and I was just dying to use my new stamp set "Jumping for Joy" by Gina K. I just love this little bear--looks like he's cannonballing into the pool (my son's fave activity). When I saw this tutorial I just knew it would make a fantastic invitation--and what better than a summer invite to a pool party, really fun to recieve! I've had this Frances Meyer pool paper forevah and dug it out of my stash to use for the background dp. The yellow cs is PTI's summer sunrise. I printed the words out on my computer on PTI's white cs and then colored them in w/ my Copics. I added some pool waves and drew some "splash water" onto the dp and then cut it out and pasted it behind the bear. Lots of stardust stickles on this card--love the sparkle! Hope you likee it--go see the tutorial and try one for yourself. I know I'll be making more of these in the future.
I will try and post at least one project this weekend. We will be running around to recitals and trying to celebrate Dad's Day somewhere in between-lol. Until then...
Suzanne


Pool Party Invite--Gina K stamps "Jumping for Joy" (invite words, bear, beach ball), computer font, PTI white & summer sunrise cs, Frances Meyer pool dp, Doodlebug Designs polka-dot dp, Copics, American Crafts ribbon, stardust stickles, dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. What a fun invite! I love this polar bear stamp. As always, your creativity was a splashing success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!
    why didn't you enter my contest last month??? amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover