Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Got Your Sunnies On?

Happy Tuesday to everyone!  Hope you had a wonderful weekend and the week has started well for ya!  We had a great but very busy weekend...prom weekend ya know so it was a bit crazy.  And it decided to be dreary and rainy on Saturday...go figure...all the other proms in the County got sun and our high school prom was the last and it rained.  BUT it stopped long enough for some pictures outside which was nice.  She got her hair done at 1 and the girl did an amazing job...looked just like the picture Alexa had taken in.   Her and a few of her girlfriends came over and got dressed together so there was lots of squeals & giggles & shoe clomping upstairs.  Sad to think just one more year of this...sigh...makes me sad!  But Alexa and her friends had a BLAST...she went with her good friend Zack, they are just friends and a group of others to dinner & then to the dance.  The great thing about her class is a good majority of them all know each other and get along well...my class was like that as well and its nice.  We went down to the Potomac River to take pics with 42 of them...yep 42 kids all trying to fit in one picture...well I did my best LOL.  One thing that makes me a proud parent is the kids all looked classy, elegant, beautiful and handsome...no inappropriate dresses...they just all looked beautiful...love that!  The dance ended at 11...all the proms are held at the Conference Center back in the woods on the river in my neighborhood...literally 2 streets away from us so that's nice to know they are close by.  Then after the dance the same 12 that went to dinner together went over one of the boy's house for chitter-chatter, pizza and movies till 1 am...he lives just a few streets away too so I knew EXACTLY where they were LOL.  Thankfully I don't worry about these kids drinking or drugging or being too stupid...they are all straight A students with their eyes on the future thank goodness.  So all in all she had a wonderful time and made lots of memories.  It rained on Sunday so we had a jammie and tv day...that was REALLY nice since it rarely happens.

Riley had spent Saturday morning at 10 am till 3:30 in the afternoon at a paintball farm nearby with some of his friends...its over 300 acres and it was raining...MUDDY...which means they were dirty, sweaty and GROSS when they got to my house.  Six teen boys showering, eating and spending the night making lots of noise LOL.  My mom was up so she got to experience a NORMAL weekend in the Dean house hee hee....loud, chaotic, crazy and did I say LOUD.  This is why I always look forward to the quiet of Monday...kids at school, hubby at work (well in NC this week) and the house is peaceful.  LOVE IT!

And prayers to all those in Oklahoma affected by the horrific tornadoes yesterday...my heart is breaking for you and especially the parents of those beautiful children.  I cannot imagine but I am sending up some prayers for peace and safety for you all (and anyone in tornado valley).  So terrifying and sad!

So here are some Prom Pics for ya if you'd like to see:


**************************

Got Your Sunnies?


Today is the Team B Inspiration for the Magnolia-licious Tues Challenge...its called WEATHER IT and you have to create projects that show some kind of weather (you have until May 27th to enter).  At first I though about doing a wintry card...but then I thought about it...a lot...and since SUMMER is my fave time of the year I decided that I didn't want to feel wintry LOL!  The weather is warmer and it was blue skies & sunny today and it just makes me HAPPY and I wanted to showcase that in my project as well! 



I used this cute Mini Magnolia stamp from Magnolia-licious called "Mini Beach Tilda"...one of my fave lil' summer Tilda stamps.  The papers are from Echo Park "Paradise Beach" and I distressed all the edges and then inked with white Palette Ink to soften.  The sunglasses are a Cameo cut file...I used the Swiss Dots embossing folder on the lens part of the glasses for fun texture...I inked the edges of the sunglasses as well.  The "FUN IN THE SUN" is a Cameo cut file as well...I cut it twice (once from white cs & then from yellow cs) and layered...then added a coat of Stardust Stickles to the sun and then sprinkled Glamour Dust on top of the wet Stickles for extra sha-bam sparkle ;)  I layered some flowers and the flower die is from Marianne Designs, the white "Prized Chrysanthemum Outline" die is from Memory Box that I cut in half and used at each end of the card.  A few PTI buttons tied off with yellow Scrappers Floss to finish it off.


She was colored with Copics:  BG72,BG11,BG10 / Y15,Y11,Y00 / E11,E00,R11 / E47,E31,E50
Some stickles on her ruffles for sparkle!



That's it for me today!  Today is clean house day and weed veggie garden and work on other projects day.  Hubby is in NC thru Wednesday night so its just me and the teens...wheee LOL!
Have a good one!



16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pics of the prom girls n boys Suzanne, they all looked so beautiful and handsome. Your card is such a ray of sunshine, fabulous design and such a cute Tilda.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card,I love the image and the papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love the blazing heat coming off that card.. we could use some sunshine here...always a fabulous card... Alexa looks stunning in her gorgeous gown as does her bff's... could be an inspiration photo for the next challenge with all the gorgeous colors.. how wonderful it is to be her with all the excitement of this and next year.. so much awaits her! You're a good Mom, Suzanne...never underestimate how much we (parents) do to make these moments happen just the way they do! Great pics, too! xxx Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Card definitely makes me think of summertime! Love all the yellow and pop of turquoise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW. Alexa looks gorgeous, Suzanne. Red is my favorite color and I just love her dress. Her hair is amazing andlooks like it took all day to dress.

    Love your adorable sunshine card. Fab coloring and bright colors. Love the fun summer die cuts, so perfect for your theme.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifull pictures!! congrats to Alexa,

    Wonderfull card!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifull pictures!! congrats to Alexa,

    Wonderfull card!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait for the day you'll say Alexa has a BF lol

    Love the card, pastels always look good on your creation! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alexa looks so beautiful!! Congratulations, what a special night for all of them, they look so happy!! Hard on the heart seeing them grow up..... :)

    And Mom, your card ain't so bad either, hee hee. It sure is perfect for the summer weather we've had out here!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the paper, gorgeous colours and pretty design
    Alexa looks beautiful in her wonderful red dress, they all look so grown up
    Hugs julie P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alexa looked so beautiful!!! I love the color red, and the one she wore was stunning!!! What an amazing family you have ...
    I also loved the card you made ... you truly are a very talented lady.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Lucy Lam

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cheery sunshiny card! Such amazing layers - as always! It's so nice to see the pics of beautiful Alexa and all of her happy friends! LOVE the dress - red is one of my favorite colors! They grow up so fast, don't they? Love 'em while you can - it will sustain them through the years when they leave home. I know from experience! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Always love your work and this is no exception!!! Bright and beautiful!!! You do the best designs besides your fab coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card. Love the yellow and aqua together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty! Loe the glasses, colors, details and that pretty image. So well done.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This card is so reflective of you, Suzanne. It is warm and cheery! I love those sunglasses. Tilda is colored so beautifully! Love the color scheme. The details are so subtle and well-blended. Great job! Love the photos above, too! What a lovely family! You should be one proud Mama!

    XO,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover