Friday, April 15, 2011

Peekin' At??

Yay its Friday Friends---happy days for sure huh? As you read this I will be making my drive up to Connecticut to teach for the weekend (hopefully uneventful) and it's about a 7.5 hour drive there.  I hope to shave about 45 mins off of that time (shhhhhhhhh don't tell the hubby, lol)---yes I do speed but ONLY when I'm around a pack of speeders, hee hee.  So I'm a "pack speeder" you could say :)  I don't mind the drive so much as I get to listen to ANY music and news radio that I WANT to, no hollering from the backseat KWIM?!  Then I will leave on Sunday evening after my last class to drive straight thru the night and get home around 3 am.  Don't worry about me, I'll be fine since I'm a vampire..........er... night owl, LOL.  Then I will be running around like a crazy woman, barking orders to children and animals as I get us ready to leave on Tuesday morning at 5 am, LOL.  Seems I MUST pack for everyone or else critical items will get left behind (I kid you not) and get the house prepared for our day leave to Maui.  I am really looking forward to some quality time and fun with the familly and my work will go down to "slo-mode" KWIM.  I will have a few posts up while I'm gone so make sure to check in here at the blog for some new releases.  You can also keep track of me and my Hawaiian adventures on Facebook as I will post regularly there (yep I'm an addict--but you can find me under my name Suzanne J Dean).  I know my family will be ultra strict with my time on the laptop so emails will be done either very early in the morning or late at night---please only email if you really, really, really NEED me for something, LOL!  IF it is an emergency or serious CRAFTING CRISIS put 911 in the subject line 'kay? Got it?  LOL!  We are lucky to have a housesitter taking care of the house and kitties while we are gone so that eases my mind a bit too---lucky her right? hee hee


NewsBitz:

-I sent out the April NewsBlast for the CMC Classroom---if you didn't get it or would like to read it you can access it at the CMC Classroom by clicking on the CMC NEWS tab!

-Gina K Designs will be releasing and showing off the new stamp sets next week so stay tuned--they are yummi-licious!  I will have my projects up next week for ya while I'm away :)

****************************************************
Peekin' At Baby!!


This cutie-pie image is from the NEW Elisabeth Bell for SCACD line called "The Peekers"--they are just so adorable.  This one is called "New Beginnings" and is so perfect for a new baby, new parents, baby shower OR for the new sibling!  I did the card in neutral taupes and aquas so it could be used for a girl or boy very easily!  This card is also for this week's new Copic Creations Challenge!  Our FABULOUS sponsor this time is The Paper Temptress owned my friend Patricia.  IF you need ANY kind of cardstock, trust me she will have it in stock--from sparkly, suede, leather, linen, pearlized to papers for coloring on you need to visit her store.  I used my fave Cryogen Iridescent 89# cardstock to color with copics on--it is my #1 fave to use and I highly recommend it!  Find all the details on our challenge, prize info and fab DT projects at the Copic Creations Site!



I used papers from DCWV's "Linen Closet"--which remains one of my all time favorite paper collections!  I embellished the card with scrolls from Marianne Designs, new Prima flowers and Kaisercraft Pearls.  The paper trim was done with a MS border punch punched out of kraft cs.  The scalloped circle behind the main image was done with my SB's nesties and then I punched small holes in each scallop to make it more delicate looking.



The image was colored with Copics E44,E43,E42,E40/B04,B02,B000/E11,E00,R20.  I paper pieced her hat bow and the baby's blanket to bring in some of that pretty paper.  I used stickles (stardust of course) on her shirt and the baby blanket and carriage trim.  Diamond Glaze was used on her shoes and the carriage's handle and wheels.



I hope you all have a fabulous weekend and enjoy time spent with your friends and family!  Hope you get to spend time outside or doing something crafty OR just something fun "Suzanne-Style" LOL!



24 comments:

  1. Oh this is extraordinary, this is such an amazing card,this a real work of art, I am speechless.
    Hugs Janine

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful card ! lovely colors,
    greetings, martina
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful card Suzanne,I love the image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. Theses peekers are just as cute as they can be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suzanne! The card is just too precious for words!! Love it!! The colors are just darling and that image... goodness!!!!
    While you are running around like a madwoman, just remember that if you forget anything, I'm sure there are stores in Hawaii!!! Maybe cost a bit more, but at least you could get what you need! My hubby told me that once, so I regularly leave something behind to get something new!!!! heeehheee!!! Bad me!!!
    Hugs,
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous card! Those papers are some of my new faves too! Love this color combo and all your details! Enjoy your vacation!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Enjoy your trips!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this card is awesome, Suzanne.....love the colors in it as well. What a work of art!!

    Hope you have a safe trip, please be careful out there...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is so gorgeous! This stamp is awesome!
    hugs Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't this the cutest image from Susana! They are do cute I bought the whole set!! And you know something Suzanne? Gina K has very good quality stamps. will be on the look out!! Thanks for the heads up!!
    Sandy Dehon

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO beautiful! One day I will colour like this, (with a lot of help from your classes!!) Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty card and cute stamp. Love how you coloured it

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really enjoyed the class today. I learned a lot, and can't wait to get some more copic's so I can play.


    By the way I love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoo hoo Suzanne your classes Rocked! I was sad to see your stay in Ct come to an end. But I hope you have a fabulous vacation, you deserve it!!! I'm totally thinking about becoming your groupy! I have no problem carriing your Copics across the country!!! Thank you for everything. Hugs Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card! What a sweet image. Love the colour scheme on your adorable card.

    xoxo,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card.. You can always gain time on the Jersey Turnpike as long as there are no accidents... LOL Everyone cruises at least on 90.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just beautiful Suzanne! I love the soft coloring!
    hugs,
    marie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card! I love the detail you always include in your gorgeous creations! Have a fabulous holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute image ! I'm always delighted when I visit your blog. Hugs,Yone

    ReplyDelete
  20. Suzanne, you've made this "peeker" image look wonderful on this fantastic card. Nicely done. ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is sooo darling and so well done too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. awww how cute! ---

    www.tonerrefillstore.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi thеre outѕtanding website! Does running a blog
    like this taκe a massive amount wοгk?
    I hаvе very little κnowledge of сoԁing
    but I had bеen hoρing to start my own blog in the
    near future. Anyways, if you have anу reсоmmеnԁationѕ οr techniques for new blog οwnегs pleaѕe share.
    I understanԁ this is off topiс neνеrthelеss I juѕt wanted to asκ.
    Маny thanks!

    Mу web page :: juicer target

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover