Friday, September 10, 2010

The Boogie Oogie!!

Happy, happy Friday to you all! Wow the weather here has been absolutely gorgeous lately--nice breezes and beautiful blue skies--I'm praying this doesn't mean winter will be horrible!  I cannot do another winter like we had last year--I will be u-hauling my craft supplies to SC for the winter (and my friend Pat J might get a long-term visitor in her house, lol)!  I'm having such fun reading about your shopping splurges, lol, I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes nice handbags!  I buy 2 a year--one in the spring and one in the fall and reuse them often--it is my one big splurge.  My other would have to be my patio this year--wow--but I know we will love it and use it bunches so that makes it hurt less, hee hee!  Other than that I don't really splurge much--I just like the basics and a great sale when I can KWIM! I'm not even that big into jewelry--my wedding/engagement ring, my diamond earrings and my watch are my big $$ jewelry that I own and I wear them all the time.   The rest of my jewelry is nice but definitely not expensive--it's just not my thing.  And the majority of my clothes come from Ann Taylor, LOFT and Nordstroms so I'm not too picky or splurgy there either, lol!  And although I love shoes I never pay too much for them--not worth it to me, I can find what I love for less most times.  I'd rather save my money for fun trips with my family or on furniture for the house, lol!  But that's just me :)

NewsBitz:

-Don't forget to enter for Blog Candy HERE!

-Back 2 School Special for the Color Me Creative Classroom is $5 off any class (cricut or copic) or $10 off any TWO Copic classes (only).  This will run thru Sept. 20th and you will be refunded the money after you've paid :)  So get in those classes while the kiddoes are in school!!

-7 Kids College Fund has some NEW products in that you NEED, lol!  All the super cute Fall CC Designs Swiss Pixies HERE (omg I need them), and wait for it.........YES 6x6 packs of mixed Doodlebug Cardstock (yippeeee) and the NEW Copic Xpress Cardstock as well (my opinion it's comparable to the Cryogen but not as thick)!!

-I will be in Greensboro, NC on November 5th & 6th at the Stamping & Scrapbooking Room teaching my CMC Copic Classes (so if you're in the Raleigh or Charlotte area come on down)!  Pre-registration will be up tomorrow on my site www.cmcroad.com !!

*****************************************************
The Boogie Oogie!


Today I have a fun card to share with you using a Bildmalarna image called "Millie Mouse Music"--aren't they CUTE!?  I'm the guest artist this month for the Bildmalarna USA Store/Scrapping Stamping this month--check out their Bildmalarna blog HERE too!  I just love these images and they are SOOO fun to color up!

Staying true to word I used this for a few challenges this week--Play Date Cafe Challenge #46 is to use black & white and either pink, copper or gold (I went for the pink)! I love this color combo! I also got honorable mention for entering last week how about that :)  The other one is that I used the OCC Sketch this week--I skewed my main image a bit but I had too!  The music was moving me, LOL! And last but not least for The Sisterhood of Crafters (1 ribbon, 2 papers, 3 flowers) and no I'm not counting my cs as paper, lol!  Find lots of daily challenges at my friend Deb Felt's blog The Daily Dare--it's fabulous for finding challenges!

Don't you want to dance a lil' boogie oogie with these cuties?  LOL!  This stamp is called "Millie Mouse Music" and I just love them!  The music note paper is from 7 Gypsies "Paddington Collection" and the polka dots are from PTI.  I used a MS border punch for that fun border trim and that thin black border is this beautiful thin velvet ribbon I got at Michaels the other week--it's so pretty but so thin, but I had to have it, lol!  I used a scroll punch here and my Nellie Snellen flower punches to create my black/white flowers--love those punches & they are worth the money I swear--and added Prima roses to the centers.  I love this punchy color combo--so striking!


Of course it's colored with copics (R22,R20,R00 for pinks/YR24,YR23,Y15,Y11 for golds/W5,W3,W1,W00 for mice fur/C9,C5,C3,C1,C00 for blacks).  Then I added diamond glaze to the victrola horn part, record and mice noses.  Her dress got some stickles as did the base of the victrola and needle.  They're so cute they make me giggle!!

Hope you enjoyed this post and I'll see you this weekend for another fun FALL post!!


29 comments:

  1. This is a real fun card, Suzanne and I love the colours!
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These mice are so cute, love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute as always!! I have something I wanted to give you because you inspire me. http://yougotinkwhere.blogspot.com/2010/09/my-first-blog-award.html
    Hugs,
    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card Suzanne! I love the image, colors and paper you used to match!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just TOO cute! I am wriggling in my chair to the music.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, how adorable! Love the color combo and how you've colored the image. Congrats on your honorable mention!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is sooooooooo adorable!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood! We do hope you'll come join us again next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Suzanne and thanks for stopping by my blog! It was cool to see you visit because I watch your You Tube videos a lot. You have taught me so much with Copics.

    anyway, this card is too darlin! What a super fun and cute image that is. Love the design and papers as well. TFS!

    also I am not real splurg-y either. I am more of a person that goes and hunts down the best deal on stuff. I love half price coupons or major sales.

    Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card! Love the color combos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too cute. Pretty paper for the image which is way too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card !! Love it
    have a crafty weekend, greetings, martina
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful card Suzanne,I love the image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats for making 'The Cream in Our Coffee' in last week's challenge.
    What a sweet entry for this week's challenge over at The Play Date Cafe...great to have you back again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute image, love the bit of sparkle on her dress! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now that is just too cute!!
    Your card just makes me smile and feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just adorable Suzanne..Love these colors .her little glitter dress and the flowers are very pretty!! Have a great weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a sweet card. Love the colors. Thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood of Crafters. : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Suzanne! These little cuties just can't help but bring a smile to your face. Soooooo cute! And it did look like so much fun to color.
    Love the color combo too.
    Huggies ~
    Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those little mice are adorable and your coloring is awesome. Beautiful card!!! Thanks so much for joining us this week in the Sisterhood.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic card Suzanne! I love this little cutie! You are such an enabler Girlfriend!! LOL! I am off to check out your challenges!
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loving the dp's hun, really cute card!
    Thanks for joining in with us at The Sisterhood this week hun.
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovin' all the Bildmalarna images you have highlighted on your blog. Yes, the mice are absolutely adorable and it does make me giggle! Such a fun and cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card! Love the colors of it and that image is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful design! Love the coloring! Fabulous coloring. Thanks for joining us at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely card! SO cute!! The little mouse's dress looks really pretty with the sparkle! I love your little picture by your signature too, it's fab!

    ReplyDelete
  26. First I LOVE your blog design..It is so cute!

    Your card is stunning and just PERFECT! The colors are out of this world and the image is adorable!!! Thanks for sharing it with us over at the Sisterhood.

    ReplyDelete
  27. First I LOVE your blog design..It is so cute!

    Your card is stunning and just PERFECT! The colors are out of this world and the image is adorable!!! Thanks for sharing it with us over at the Sisterhood.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Suzanne, you have the most wonderful mix of colors and elements in all of your cards. I've signed up to follow your blog, I'm always amazed at the wonderfullness (is that a word?) that you come up with! Super take on the color theme for the Play Date Cafe...thanks for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Super cute mice!! Love those flower embellies:) Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover