Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What? July in February!!

Hello again my friends!  Oh goodness do I have alot to get done this week since it's the end of the month---but of course I say that every week, LOL!  I need my ghost friends to come out and help me, hee hee---"WHAT" you ask!  I have convinced myself that I have a ghost in the house, LMBO--seems to be friendly and hubby thinks I'm NUTS!  I think me and Riley may have watched too much "Ghost Hunters", hee hee--but there seems to be something strange goin' on in the Dean house.  The other day when I was videotaping the "Magic Mesh" vid, a spool of Magic Mesh leaped from one corner of my desk onto my work area while I was doing the video (creepy).  Then the cats have been sitting in the family room when all of a sudden they look behind me (behind where I sit), hair is raised up and eyes wide then they run from the room.  Not to mention that Baylee will do the same thing and start barking---STRANGE I tell ya, very strange.  And here is the kicker--hubby and I were in bed the other night and I was reading, when my bedside lamp went off suddenly.  And no the lightbulb didn't burn out, the switch wasn't flicked or anything---hubby and I looked at each other and were like "Whoaaaaa----really creepy", especially since I leaned over and turned the lamp right back on, nothing wrong with it!  So I can't say I'm a total believer in ghosties/spirits but it definitely has me thinking (and wondering who it is, LOL)!  Alright, enuff ghost stories for ya!

NewsBitz:

-7 Kids College Fund has some NEW stuff in STOCK NOW!  Craft Lounge stamps are in stock HERE and some new awesome Ritz Glitter HERE (it's very, very fine and feels soft to the touch, very cool)!

-Susana's Store has the NEW Spellbinder's Dies in STOCK NOW HERE!!  YAY!  Love those labels!

******************************
SCACD Try It Out Tuesday Challenge #56

You're probably thinking that the ghosties have gotten to me and I'm confused about months, right? LOL!  But the Try It Out Tuesday Challenge for Susana's Store is to use a stamp from the store for a Holiday/Purpose other than what it's for!  So this NEW cutie by Elisabeth Bell for SCACD called "Oh Baby" just screamed out to me to be a 4th of July baby!  I had so much fun coloring her I tell ya!  The papers are all by Stampin Up and I used my Scor-Tape to create a ruffle with some sheer ribbon to match her skirt.  The 4th of July sentiment is from a Melissa Frances set HERE.

Isn't she a cutie pie?  She can be used for so many different occasions--I love stamps that are versatile like this!  Her shoes got some diamond glaze on them and then her socks, flower and shirt all got stardust stickles on them for lots of glitzy sparkles.  (Copics Used: R29,R24,R22,R20 & B39,B37,B32)

So I couldn't stop with just one, since I had all the supplies out!  I always like to try to do a couple of CAS (clean & simple) cards every month!  I used a fabulous Lockhart Co. stamp "IB Bite Size Cupcake" and stamped three out on my cs (see the cs I use for copics here), colored them and then added a fun NEW Product to the top for frosting (more on this new stuff on Friday)!  The cherries got dabs of diamond glaze, the white cs was embossed with a CB folder and then I added stickles to some of the lines to make it glittery!  This could be used for tons of things, but I like the clean lines of it!!

Now to see more inspiration on making your stamps versatile, head over to the Store Blog HERE to check out all the DT projects.



25 comments:

  1. Cute cards Suzanne, love the little girl stamp. For the record I'm a believer too, my sister used to see ghosts! Very creepy! Lyns xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful cards Suzanne,i love your images and colours.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card... Don't drink too much coffee ;o) I am sure it's a friendly ghost, just like what we have at home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzanne, I was just on my way to bed when I thought I would stop by, now after reading your little ghost story I will have to stay up for a while and think good things to take my mind off it heheheh. Both cards are beautiful & in my fav colours, the little girl is so sweet. Hugs Jodie from Oz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards Suzanne, I especially love the 4th of July one. That image is just too darn cute. Great colours and fab papers.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards, Suzanne! I love the Elisabeth Bell image and I love all the sparkle you added. The cupcakes look good enough to eat, so cute! :)
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. What pretty cards. I can see you are really thinking summer since you are already doing 4th of July cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This little girl is toooo cute! Love her! I'm always amazed at how beautifully you color your images. I have to get this sweet stamp. hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  9. This little girl is just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute card.
    Great idea.
    Love how you have coloured the image.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just stunning!!!! It really is great!
    hugs coco

    ReplyDelete
  12. Golly Suzanne, that is the cutest image! I've got to get that - I'm such a sucker for cute. Love her red, white and blue, too. Great job. If you have ghosties and you can get them to help you that's awesome! Put them to work! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love a good ghost story any day!
    And I love this cute little card...the little girl and cupcakes are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow what a fabulous card.I love all the gorgeous details. Hugs Marja

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful card. That image is so sweet. Your coloring is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how you colored this sweet image! I am a very practical person, but I know I heard a ghostie at my family home when I was a teenager...making me a life long believer.....woooooooo

    ReplyDelete
  17. She is so sweet. You did such a great job with her.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How cute is she!!! OMGosh.....she's adorable! And of course your coloring is amazing! Love the Fourth of July theme too. lol
    Huggies ~
    Sharron ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. Suzanne your card with the precious little girl is Gorgeous! So many Layers.....amazing. Love your Cupcake card too. Your such a great artist...such an eye for putting it all together! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so cute.....and your coloring is awesome.....love your idea about the ribbon on her skirt....and your house guest....well they sound like they are a least friendly.....or maybe they are just angels watching over you......

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Suzanne!
    Your 4th of July card is beautiful!!!! I just adore that image :o)
    Wonderful work on this one!!!
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  22. This little girl is adorable. What awesome coloring. Tell your ghost to come visit mine.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Patriotic and cute all rolled up into one! And the cupcake, well they are ready for 4th of July now! Great planning Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous!!! uyour coloring is amazing. Love the card. Really strange ghost stories, I would be FREAKED!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great resource!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover