Monday, September 8, 2008

Baking With Love!





Happy Monday everyone! Here's to another week right? This week is superbly busy for me and on Friday I have yucky jury duty (oh how I am praying it gets cancelled--can you pray for me too, pleaseeee!). On Saturday I am going to teach a Copics class at a blogger friend's house--she lives 20 minutes away and there will be a couple of others there who have blogs too (isn't the stamping world small when ya think about it) We're going to color our hearts out and hopefully they will be able to take something away from it all. BTW, I heard from quite a few of you who are also New Kids on The Block fans---I knew there were some of ya out there too, lol!


Ok, onto the card peoples!!! I bought this kitchen stamp quite awhile ago, but I did some research for you inquiring minds and I finally found it online again. It's from The Stampin' Place and you can buy it mounted or unmounted there. I had been holding onto to it, waiting for the right time to use it and when these new Magnolias came out I knew they would be perfect together. This is "Cowberry Muffin" Tilda--isn't she a cutie pie? You can purchase her from Diana Crick at magnolia.us@shaw.ca (NOTE: the Tilda in the leaves I bought awhile ago from overseas, Diana does not carry that particular stamp)


I will not lie to you, this card took awhile to do. Not difficult, just time consuming to color everything, cut things and such. I added diamond glaze to the window and a few of the pots/jars for a nice realistic shine. I cut Tilda out and paper pieced her apron with this dp from SU called "Bella Rose"--love it cuz' ya know red is my most FAVORITE color! The muffin was also cut out and popped up w/ dimensionals too. I didn't have the right sentiment stamp (gasp...how can that be possible right?) so I printed "Baked With Love" directly onto the dp and then cut out with my Nestabilities tag die. Diana's webshop is going to sell ribbon with sentiments on it and I cannot wait--how cool is that! The little measuring spoon charm is from Karen Foster and came in a pack of 5 (spoons, spatula, cookie jar, muffin pan, & rolling pin). And because I love you guys so much, I went and found where you can get them--right HERE--they have all different kinds if you're interested (and yes I bought bunches, lol)!! I'm only here to enable you all dontcha' know--hee hee!


Well, that's it for me today. I have lots of errands to run including taking 2 of my cats to the vet and then kids to shuttle around--ya know the daily chores, ha ha! BTW, tomorrow night Verve Stamps is having their new stamp release party at 8 pm (EST)--you MIGHT want to check out their blog today for some sneak peeks (hint, hint...you really need to check it out so get on over there...hint, hint). You know how I love me my Verve stamp sets!


See Ya--

Suzanne

21 comments:

  1. Dear Suzanne!

    Your card is not only "baked with love", it's also "handcrafted with love". The embellishments, the papers and the way you colored the kitchen scene, is FANTASTIC. I just love it!

    BIG hugs
    Pati

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, I know your gonna see this and be like what in the world is she doing posting at 3:30 am.you probably understand.Anyway,I LOVE this so much.You are Amazing and thanks for keeping me entertained at 3 am.
    Also ,Can you see me pouting?? I wanna come to the copics class..
    Your good girl,real good;)
    Hugs
    oh and if I am rambling just chalk it up to lack of sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a stunning card, I love the bacground you have created for Tilda, and the time it took is so worth it, definately made with love. annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! What a great card, love this Magnolia stamp and what a great background!

    XOXO Renata

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are AMAZING...I am so thrilled to have found your wonderful blog. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fabulous card Suzanne, I love it! I'm off to buy that adorable kitchen stamp! :)

    Christine :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suzanne, I can tell this card took time, it is made with love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suzanne,

    What a great card! I love your coloring. I would love to attend your Copics class. What a fabulous learning opportunity. Got room for another VA stamp addict?

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, Suzanne, this is more then a card!! So many wonderful details!! I love everything about it!!
    Hugs,
    :) Irina

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a darling card...it's so darn cute! And LOVE your set on the Verve site! That is just stunning! Way to enable me some more! ha ha! :) Can you take a trip to WI to give me coloring lessons too? I would have so much fun coloring with you! Hope you have a GREAT week!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. The lucky person that receives this card will receive a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is absolutely adorable. I just love your work and I am jealous that you have the time to be able to make all these beautiful cards. I want some "me" time.

    LOL!!

    *Hugs*
    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  13. Suzanne
    I absolutely love this card! The old fashion stove and kitchen setting with tilda is just too cute. You did such a fabulous job coloring everything in. Thanks for sharing it with us, also for sharing the link to get the stamp that is similar. It is just the Best!!
    Thanks, Cynde

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh suzanne i ADORE this one - the coloring is superb! (can't wait to see you on saturday!) and the stamps and charm are sooooo cute!! thanks for the link but lord your enabling is gonna get me! i think everything i have ordered recently is the result of your blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my Suzanne, this is just too adorable and now I'm gonna have to have a look at the site as I just love that kitchen scene! Am just loving all your cards, all beautiful! xx Hope your cat makes a speedy recovery. Fran xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous work Suzanne!! I tlooks like it would of taken a long time, but the outcome is extraordianry!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMGosh this card is soooo darling!!Thanks for letting us know where to get the background stamps...I just ordered it!!!
    Hugs
    Danielle
    www.memorycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Suzanne, I am such a huge fan of yours!!! Everything you do is absolutely flawless and totally dazzling.

    I left you a little something on my blog. If you have the opportunity, please stop by and have a look-see:o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cool, I am going to have get some of these stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow Suzanne I just adore this card, love the paper piecing on Tilda's apron, and the scene you've created making it look like a kitchen is just adorable, fantastic colouring Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love it !!!! very very beautiful card !!!! and your colors are very very wonderful !!!!! FANTASTIC !!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover