Monday, November 18, 2013

Holiday Blog Hop!

Happy Monday folks!  Have you started decorating for Christmas yet?  I have, slowly but surely a little bit each day so that by Thanksgiving we can get our real 12+ ft tree for our family room.  But I LOVE this time of year so much...it just makes me happy..and keeps me busy LOL.  I won't chitter chatter much because I have lots of project photos, details and hop details to share with you!

But if you missed any of my posts on my other blog...hop on over to see some holiday crafts I've been working on over there.


***************************************

HOLIDAY BLOG HOP


My Winter Wonderland Holiday Box

Today both the 
Magnolia-licious & Scor-Pal DTs are having a super fabulous holiday hop
for you all!
We want to inspire you to get crafty with some holiday, wintry projects!!
And as always there are a FEW WAYS TO PLAY along as you hop along, so don't miss a thing!
For all the details and blog hop order in one place hop to the Challenge Blog when you are done!

PLAY ALONG 2 WAYS
The 1st way to play is to collect the letters and clues on each blog as you hop along...then when you have them all--have fun unscrambling a holiday expression and email to Suzanne (me) at sjdean0574@yahoo.com by Dec 30th.  Each blog has either letters or a clue in RED at the bottom of their post.
The 2nd way to play (and you can do both to get 2 entries) is to submit a Holiday/Winter Themed project at the Challenge Blog by Dec 31st.  See Challenge Blog for the prizes and other details.
(winners will be announced by Jan 4th)

Now let's have some fun ok?



If you have been hopping then you would have come to me from Patti Jo's Blog, if not make sure to hit all the blogs and continue on the hop at the bottom of my blog.

I made a Winter Wonderland Holiday Box for my hop project and it was so much fun to make!  For my project I decided to use one of those fab 3D Kit boxes by LaLa Land that Magnolia-licious sells. They are super easy to put together and sooo much fun to decorate.  I used the Best Glue Ever to glue mine and then put a book on top once it was all done (except the easel back piece) to make sure all the seams dried evenly.  Then I painted it white with acrylic paint and added my fave MS Glitter Snow to the decorative designs on the front.

My trees were cut out with my Silhouette Cameo in different heights (if you don't have a Cameo, use a die like this one) and then they got a 3-step process...inked with dark navy ink, then I used a Liquid Applique Pen in white to add puffy snow to the branches, then finished off with some Snow Glitter and Tinsel products applied with Tacky Glue.
TIP: Cut your background paper to size FIRST, BEFORE you put your box together to make it easier on yourself...trust me. My paper is by BoBunny.

I handcut some snowy hills out of white cardstock and added them in the background after coating them with some snow glitter & tinsel.



Here's a side view...the boxes come with an easel back piece so they stand up nicely.
I painted all sides and back of my box with the white paint.

The lamp post is a LaLa Land die that Magnolia-licious sells as well. Its such a fun accent to use.  I added vellum behind the glass areas of the lamp and colored them light yellow with a TouchTwin marker.  I also smudged white ink and added some Stickles & Snow Glitter onto the lamp post so it looked like it was coated in snow too.

At the bottom of the box I added a banner that I stamped with snowflakes and then hand-numbered with the year 2013.  The banner is from a PTI die that cuts the banner so it bends and pops up for dimension...and some Stickles along the edges for more sparkle.



I used an oldie but goodie stamp "Edwin & Tilda Skating" that is STILL my fave holiday stamp of all time from Magnolia-licious! They're just adorable!  It comes in both regular size & mini size, if its out of stock send a note that you are interested in it to Diana as she may be getting more in if they're all gone.  To make the stamped image and lamp post pop out more I just cut white cardstock the width I needed and glued it to the image in 3 places--lamp in 2 places, bent it twice and then glued to the backside of box.



I had fun coloring them with my TouchTwin Markers and then adding some extras.  The fur trim on their coats got white Doodlebug Flock, Stickles on her skates and pockets and a cute mini pom-pom added to Edwin's cap.  I love adding details like that!



On the top of my box I added some Memory Box "Frostyville" diecuts and centered it with a snowflake coated in MS Snow Glitter.



The frosty coated lamp post shining some light down on Edwin & Tilda. I love the chunky look of the MS Snow Glitter.



Hope you enjoyed my frosty project today & keep hopping along to see 
the DT's amazing projects and collect your LETTERS & CLUES!

MY LETTERS ARE:
H, i, f
And the Clue is:
A "twist" on a popular holiday expression


Now you need to hop onto
to see what holiday fun she's created!





40 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous winter scene, I love the pretty trees and all the sparkles, just beautiful
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sparkle sparkle Suzanne, the glitz on this project is truly amazing. Hope you're gonna post some piccies of your gorgeous house once it's all decorated, especially with you having MORE trees this year lol, can't wait, luv Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Suzanne and I love the sparkle on those trees. Tracy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWE! So adorable! I love those frames!!!!! Super sweet little Edwin and Tilda colored beautifully!! I'm not sure how you find the time to do what you do! Wow!!!!!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzanne this is gorgeous,
    love so much this image
    and blue is my favourite winter colour
    fantastic
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow oh wow! Completely gorgeous Suzanne! Everything about it is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sparkly. So fabulous. This is a work of art

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a gorgeous scene. Love the sparkles and the depth makes it amazing.
    Love it.

    Hugs,
    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautifully done as always love the image one of my favs also! You are the best ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Suzanne, a totally fabulous project and I love the gorgeous scene you've created! Hugs Chris D.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, Suzanne. I love this shadow box. The scene you've created for it is fabulous. Beautiful coloring on Tilda and Edwin and I am in love with the background. Your attention to detail is phenomenal. Love all the sparkly and so festive for the Holiday season.
    Hugz,
    Cath

    ReplyDelete
  12. STUNNING Suzanne!!! I LOVE all of the sparkle!!!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful dear!!! Hope you are feeling good today!
    hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did such a beautiful job coloring in the skaters. I love the color of their coats!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohh My Goodness me, this is gorgeous Suzanne, of course I expected nothing less but didn't expect you to not use copics...LOL LOL I would love to recreate this beauty to add to my Christmas decor, it's just so beautiful, who wouldn't want to right?? LOL Amazing!!
    Cindy cinpot@msn.com
    can't wait to see your trees again this yr....a 12 footer?? My tree is only 7 ft and I thought it was tall, lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this to bits Suzanne, fabulous colour choices for these two sweethearts. Lots of sparkle and snowy effects, all perfect for a Holiday winter creation. Hugs Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great Winter Scene you've created Suzanne. Super cute details! Love it all! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hmmm...nice to see the Touch twin Markers used and so beautifully I might add. your project is so cute. I love these two cuties as well. Great job on the trees and the lamp post. good idea putting vellum on the light.
    I haven't seen those 3D gift boxes before. Great idea.
    hugs az

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your window box is amazing... you did a wonderful job coloring and with all of the detail :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a neat idea. I love all the glitter and the lamppost. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a beautiful project. I absolutely love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cute. Love the kids, the trees are beautiful and the lamp post adds to the whole scene. Great job. Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is gorgeous! Love all the details!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the box and scene Suzanne!!! Perfect in blues and white with lots of glitz!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I see a beautiful winter scene inside this box Suzanne. Love all the sparkling and the great idea for the shadow box. This will be a wonderful gift idea for Christmas :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  25. Suzanne, your box is fabulous. Love the scene you've created with the lamp post, hill, the trees and Tilda and Edwin. Perfect touch with the tinsel and glitter to make it look of so wintery. I love it !!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  26. They just don't get any more fabulous than this Suzanne ... what a treat for the eyes (even for my old ones).

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your colors are beautiful and the detail is unbelievable. This is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous shadow box Suzanne !! Love the scene you created and the sparkles make it more beautiful.
    Hugs,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  29. Stunning!!! Love the colors you chose and that lamp post might have to be a must have.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  30. Just stunning Suzanne! The shadow box is amazing and love the blues and all the extra touches perfect.
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  31. SO gorgeous Suzanne!!! Love the blues and the frosty snow! This will be a keepsake. Hugs, brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  32. Suzanne this is GORGEOUS!!!!! Thanks for sharing how you put it together! :) Nancee

    ReplyDelete
  33. Stunning, love the scene, wish I was there. Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  34. WOW! Your creation is really gorgeous!! I love the chunky glitter and the fancy frame with the wintry scene!! Very stunning! Thanks for sharing! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Still creating stunning projects, Suzanne! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is just gorgeous, Suzanne. It's so good to see you back creating again! i love the scene and the depth you've created within the scene.

    XO,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  37. Such a stunning creation! Gorgeous colors, and I love the image. Perfect dies. :)

    Hugs, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  38. A very wonderfull creation, looks amazing!

    LG
    Michaela

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover