Thursday, March 21, 2013

Easter Blog Hop...Hippity Hop!!

Happy Thursday friends!  Hope the week has been treating you well!  I almost had a cardiac-arrest experience yesterday...I was running around doing 50 million things think that it was Thursday already and I wasn't going to have all my work done before I left.  I literally was having heart palpitations from stress...then I went to put something in the calendar and I realized it was only Wednesday...bwahahahaha.  You ever do that?  Oh boy, what a relief it was to know I had one more day to get things in order.  SO I did finish all my projects and posts and will finish laundry today and all the packing.  I leave tomorrow with Alexa to pick up my Mom and head to Charlottesville for the weekend to see my Luke Bryan and Florida-Georgia Line....pit tix...so that means I'll be up close & PERSONAL with Lukey hee hee (I'm not scary am I hahahaha).  Then on Sunday we leave for Columbia, SC and spend the night...tour University of South Carolina on Monday and meet with the Marine Biology dept.  Then we leave that evening to travel to Birmingham, Alabama for two nights...on Tues we tour Auburn University (Alexa's first choice of college) and meet with the Zoology dept.  Then on Wed we will travel back up to Hilton Head, SC for a few days of rest at the beach...one of our fave places in the world.  Then we leave Easter Sunday for Charleston, SC for 2 days of fun...then home on Tues.  You tired yet?  Yeah me too...it will be crazy, chaotic but always fun and its all about family time for spring break.  So I will have a few posts up between today and April 2nd but not many...I try to make sure that I get quality-uninterrupted time with my family while I'm away and not have to worry about work stuffs much...hence the mad rush to get work stuffs done before I leave Friday morning LOL!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and spend it doing something fun!  And YES you know I will post my shenanigans and photos on Facebook if you follow me there!

I also have a new post up on my other blog "Bitz of Me"....for those that were asking for my BBQ ribs recipe...there you will find it!

******************************************

Magnolia-licious Easter Blog Hop

Today the entire Magnolia-licious DT has gotten together for a fun Easter/Spring Blog Hop!  Each DT gal has created a project in the hippity...hoppity...Easter theme.  We hope you get inspired to get crafty as well and find some new ideas to try!  You can find the entire blog hop list at the Challenge Blog HERE!  Or start at the beginning of the hop with Norma Lee's blog!



I created a fun Easter book that opens up to reveal a box inside...perfect for yummy treats or other fun presents from the Easter Bunny!  The the book-box was cut on my Silhouette Cameo and the cut file is from the Silhouette Store...oh boy I can wander forever in the cut file store and put lots in my cart LOL. I love that I can buy just one cut file at a time instead of a cartridge of images I will never use...much more economical!   My image is new from the 2013 Easter Collection at Magnolia-licious called "Tilda Hiding Easter Egg"...so cute huh in her bunny outfit!  The "Once Upon A Time" is a cut file from Silhouette as well...I loved the font and curliques...I added some ink to it to distress a bit.  Then a few flowers and swirls from a Memory Box die.



I inked the outside of my book where in a real book you would find the pages....I used a light brown Copic Spica pen to draw random lines lightly with a ruler so it looked like a real book.  Then I filled my book with yummy Reeses Peanut Butter Eggs....Alexa's faves, shhhhh LOL!  I forgot to take a picture of the inside without the candy..but I lined the inside of the box with matching papers as well.  I left the left side of the inside cover blank because I will most likely write a message and attach it there for someone...shhh :)  **Forgot to add the papers are by Authentique "Hope" (10% off now)**


"Tilda Hiding Easter Egg" was colored with Copics:  E43,E42,E41,E40 / R20,E11,E00, E59,E31/ B99,B95,B91.  Yes she has some grass on her feet...why you ask...well I was gonna create a scene for her and then decided she looked better cut out...so there ya go....she has some grass stains on her footsies ;)  There are Stickles on the egg for some sparkle...oh by the way...that BIG egg in the background was cut from the Cameo as well.

That's it from me...now you need to hop on over to 
to see what Easter-awesomeness she's created for you!!



53 comments:

  1. A beautiful creation, im sure anyone would like to recive a treat in this!


    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great color combination. tilda is beautifuly coloured. :)
    Best regards,
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours you have used, fab little box. Gayle xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I love this. Great job. The colors are just so great together. I am inspired for a spring project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!! I purchased these exact same things from Silhouette just last week, and now I can't wait to play with them! Such amazing inspiration! Have a fabulous time, Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me encanta su trabajo me parece muy lindo...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pretty little Easter book is delightful, Suzanne. I love chocolate, especially Reeses but the book all on it's own is a real treat! Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous creation Suzanne and how funny that we both chose the same paper collection for our projects! I love the book/box design, genius!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suzanne, I love your soft touch with your coloring and color choices. It just makes your cards and projects look so delicate. This is beautiful. You used one of my very favorite stamps, too! It is always a treat to see your work!

    XO,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous yummy project, Suzanne. I love the gorgeous colors and Tilda is so adorable. The title is just fantastic! I am gonna have to check that out in the Silhouette store.
    I hope you have a fabulous time on your road trip and wish you great springtime weather.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy treat box with beautiful design and coloring!
    Hugs,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  12. EEEE!! How perfect Suzanne!! Tilda looks A..DORBALE and right at home, but you know where she'd look even better? MY HOUSE!! LOL! Totally darling project!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just fabulous!!!! Love your colouring and the delicate swirls. Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this book box! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is amazing Suzanne!!! OMG I need a Silhouette now after seeing that gorgeous writing you've cut with it! hugs, Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh I loveeeeee this kind of book cards. so pretty. hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww this is so pretty! Jen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I LOVE this book box! You are so selling me on the Silhouette (but what do I do with my Cricket?)

    Beautifully designed Suzanne and I love the wording and font used. Very pretty! And awesome coloring of course!! ;)

    Enjoy your vacation and have the best time! hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  19. So lovely and cute!! I want it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love how you referred to him as "my" Luke Bryan. LOL
    Stunning box and great choice of treats. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely love this!!! Great idea, perfectly done and my favorite candy too! Love the grass stains too!! Awesome work Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cute card! I mess up on days all the time. I can only keep up because of TV shows. That's how I know to set out the trash. The days fly by so quickly! Good luck to Alexa with AU. My daughter gets her PhD from there next August. Yippee! It's been a long road for her (5 years). Her AU sponsor has been wonderful! LS

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the soft blues and the book idea, what a lovely keepsake, so pretty. Have a great holiday my friend
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  24. What an adorable project, Suzanne, it's so sweet!!

    Hope you have a great time on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  25. awesome project love the browns and blues beautifully done hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous project! I love the "book"! :) Nancee

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your book is precious! Beautifully done.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  28. Aw, fun and cute goodies holder Suzanne. Love the sweet kraft and blue coloring. Fun flowers & flourish embellishment :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very beautiful book, I like the combination of blue and brown!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ohh I love the book!!
    Fantastic idea! Alexa can put anything she wants in it and it will always be beautiful to leave on her dresser.
    Really special gift :o)
    Big Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a fun project-very creative. Love all the details. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a cute book box! Your coloring is beautiful and your embellishments are so pretty! Filling it with my favorite treat really makes this extra yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ooh, dibbs, Suzanne...LOL. I luvvvv this. I still haven't make a book box--it's on my to-do list! Love the colour scheme and design. That Once Upon a Time cutout looks fab. Silhouette, eh? Hmmm....
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is so wonderful.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Such a beautiful Easter creation Suzanne, I love the vintage look you've achieved, the pastel blues and kraft colours are stunning as is the whole design. Beautiful work my dear.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Ooooooooo my absolute FAVORITE chocolates! Well anything peanut butter and chocolate. Such a downfall for me! Love this little bunny but very gorgeous book!! Love this idea! Have a wonderful trip! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorgeous project and coloring as always..such a gorgeous gift.
    Linda W.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh I love these books.There are fun to create.Fabulous job hun !

    ReplyDelete
  39. Just beautiful work. Amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  40. o, waow, I love your Project :)

    LG Geesje

    ReplyDelete
  41. Suzanne!!! Não me canso de admirar o seu talento e ver tanta coisa linda no seu blog. Esse projeto, em especial, ficou simplesmente maravilhoso. Mas isso não é novidade para você, seus trabalhos são sempre impecáveis.
    Um ótimo domingo!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  42. Very cute sweetie...... I really want the choco eggs.. tee hee heeeeee

    hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  43. bueatiful notebook,Absolutely love this!!! Great idea, perfectly done and my favorite candy too! Love the grass stains too!! Awesome work Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  44. So lovely Suzanne. I love the big Easter egg behind her and the grass stained feet. cute.
    Hugs Maz

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover