Thursday, June 14, 2012

How Now Brown Cow….!!!?

Hey Y’all & Happy Thursday!  LOL…oh I have so much fun coming up with blog titles…they make me laugh.  Yeah it doesn’t take much to make me laugh…as my daughter tells me that I’m a BIG DORK regularly, but I’m a-ok with that KWIM!  This is why I mainly only watching comedies and action type movies…I don’t like to cry or be scared to death…I mean what’s the point?  I’ve had death in my life, I’ve been very sick and have had friends/family that were very or are sick, I’ve been very scared at certain points/times in my life….I don’t need to relive or rehash any of that stuff or give myself worse nightmares then I already have.  Seriously I do not get my “noodles” by watching scary stuff or crying buckets of tears…real life is hard enough me thinks so I prefer to be entertained and laugh when I watch a show.  I like to laugh, I like to be happy….so shoot me…like I said who wants to be down in the dumps watching a sad movie….NOT ME LOL!  So you won’t catch me in any of those type of movies…I haven’t seen a horror movie since I was in my early 20’s.  And then it was only under duress hahahaha.  I was a huge scaredy cat long ago…I’m not as much anymore but I do think I’m cautious.  I look behind a shower curtain when I enter a bathroom…just in case…you never know who or what may be lurking there…and I don’t want to be sittin’ on the toilette finding out if you get my drift Winking smile(thank goodness my shower is all glass heehee). 

And yes I check under my bed at night when I enter my bedroom…my bed sits up high so a whole freakin’ army of psychos could be hiding out under there!!  I have certain “security” items within arms reach of my bed while I’m sleeping…hey with the way my family sleeps soundly I will be the only person hearing noises and protecting all of us….I’m just sayin’!  And yes my cats sometimes set off our security alarm and YES my hubby has slept thru it..oy vey…I’ve had to slap him silly to wake him up and then DEMANDED that he go check the house, closets and doors…yes, yes I really do!  I have to have total darkness when I sleep too cuz if I see weird shadows dancing around it freaks me out…and don’t get me started on the lovely ghost I have that likes to taunt me.  Last time I talked about it I had ghost busters emailing me and wanting to come visit for an exorcism LMAO!  But I am able to stay in the house by myself, I’m not scared at night and I do travel mostly by myself…so I have overcome a lot of my “issues” truuuust me!  But I have taught Alexa to be cautious too…you have to these days cuz as a woman you just never know.  Park in well-lit areas, check under car and have keys ready upon approach, be aware of your surroundings and odd things…this one I’m on 24/7 especially when I travel.  I always ask for 2 hotel keys and say my hubby is checking in later, if there is a man on my elevator I choose a diffferent floor then get back on after he’s gone and go to my floor.  And I always park a chair in front of my hotel door before I go to sleep…yeah I hear y’all laughing…but I’m ok with it…you have to watch out for yourself out there, trust me I’ve seen some crazy stuff so I know what goes on.  And I’ll end with this…cuz I know it will make Pat & Tina laugh…..”I do know how to kill a 300 lb man in 3 secs flat…yes I do” and that is very true…so do NOT cross me…hahahahaha!

borderpatrol

(our border patrol doggie Baylee..she runs up and down fence barking (oy) to keep out evil groundhogs, fox, and bunnies from eating my garden…she’s grrrrrr-eat LOL!)

NewsBitz:

-The CMC Challenge is on-going and its open to everyone to join in…our current challenge is “BABIES” and you can use any makers or pencils on your images.  When you enter a challenge you also get entered for the $50 Oozak monthly gift certificate along with the current challenge prize…so hop on over & join in!!

-Also check out some of the NEW GROUPS at the CMC Classroom – we have a Mixed-Media group, a Smashbook/Scrapbook group, a Tutorials/Techniques Group, our cyber book club BookEndz and a Recipe Group!  Anyone is welcome to join!

********************************************************

How-About-Now-Brown-Cow??


Today I’m sharing a card that will go down as one of my faves…why you ask?  Well I have a slight obsession with cows, roosters & penguins LOL!  I have a few of each…now I don’t go overboard with hundreds but I do have some in my house in different places.  And how can you not resist this cute cow from Magnolia-licious called “Little Miss Muu Muu”…awwwww she’s adorable huh? (makes me want to go vegan again…well…almost…lol…but let’s pretend she’s a dairy cow ok)  I like to think of this card as country feminine fun Smile

I’m entering this into the following challenges:

Nutcrafters (spots or stripes) 
Paper Pretties (summer theme)
TOMIC (anything goes)
Craft Room Challenge (4 legged friends) 



So I used two stamps from Magnolia-licious “Little Miss Muu Muu” and “Barbed Wire Fence” background. (you can get both in mini-version together HERE)  I masked my cow and stamped over with the fence to create a pretty scene.  I’m not a big mask-er…I prefer to cut my images out for dimension but I wasn’t about to cut that tail and flower bouquet out KWIM LOL!  The papers are from a bunch of collections and all scraps (Prima & MME me thinks) that I then distressed and inked.  The swirls are a Magnolia Doohickey die that I also inked a bit.  I layered some Wild Orchid Craft flowers to replicate the cow’s bouquet and the hearts were done with my SBs dies..the yellow heat was embossed and inked too and then topped with a button & twine.  The sentiment says “Herd it was your Birthday” hee hee….get it….herd it? hahaha love it and its from PTI’s new set “Farm Fresh”..I stamped it on kraft cardstock and then inked it and curled it a bit banner style.



This Miss Muu Muu got colored up with Copics:  E49,E44,E43,E41 / R11 / V04,V000/ YR23,Y11/ and lots of greens LOL.  I added Diamond Glaze to her hooves and horns…Stickles to the flowers and grass for sparkle.


That’s all for me and Miss Muu Muu today LOL…hope you have a fabulous one!  See ya later gators!

36 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable! I adore cows and my mom has a whole collection of roosters and chickens. Was so good to chat this afternoon. I've so missed you!

    Hugs,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne this is great! I love the colouring and that little scene is too cute :) All of the details are just lovely too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is absolutely stunning love love love the image which is coloured beautifully and the layout is superb. Have a great day. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Suzanne ... this is just the cutest card I've seen today!! Great job of 'creating a scene' and your design with the hearts is adorable! FABULOUS JOB ... certainly made me smile!
    Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘GOING IN CIRCLES’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is a very cute cow, sounds like you have a busy small holding there with quite an extended family. thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room challenge XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card. Since I have both of those stamps I may just give this a try with my own spin of course. Hope all is well with you. And I agree that you can never be too careful especially when traveling. Last time I traveled I kept watching the cars behind me- it seemed that some had been following for quite a while. I always look for a well-lit business that is open or where the nearest police station is just in case. I guess I watch too many police type dramas on tv.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card. Since I have both those stamps I may just ink them up and give them a try- with my own spin of course. Hope all is well and I understand your caution especially when traveling. Think I've watched too many police- type dramas on tv. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too cute Suzanne. I gotta get me some.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Suzanne, you always make me laugh.
    I used to look under the bed too. I now have one low to the ground. Only a snake could get under there.

    I am a cow lover being a farm girl long ago. Miss Muu Muu is gorgeous. I love how you colored her and will use it as a guide to color mine.
    Super design as always.
    Hugs Maz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally love this cow, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute Suzanne! And a couple of years ago I would have been totally with you on not watching scary stuff, but for some reason now I'm really enjoying shows like "Walking Dead' and "Grimm"

    ReplyDelete
  13. Little Miss Muu Muu is adorable and those embellies are awesome with her. Just the right amount of cheeriness.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card Suzanne! I didn't think I would ever need a cow stamp, but I may have to get this one! : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card, the image is so adorable, bye Mascha

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow stunning card, the papers are beautiful and I love the swirls and the hearts for the embellishments.
    Francy

    ReplyDelete
  17. HOW-NOW-BROWN-COW! LOVE it Suzanne. Your coloring and cards are always stunning! Glad you didn't have any psychos under your bed. Good thing you have that sweet pup to keep you safe. LOVE IT!
    Thanks for playing in the Sassy Cheryl's Birthday challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your title made me laugh and your card made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card and I love that image!

    Thanks for joining my challenge at Nutcrafters and hope to see you again for our next challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lol! Your dog looks vicious! Ha! Fabulous card...just gorgeous!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your cards are always amazing works of art. Love looking at them.
    Wonderful coloring and awesome design! WOW!
    thanks for joining us for the Sassy Cheryl Birthday challenge this week!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Adorable Miss Muu Muu coloring. Love the distressing and the cute heart shapes on this card Suzanne :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  23. Totally adorable card, what a fabulous image. Thanks for joining in with the Nutcrafters challenge and good luck. xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well, this card fits right into the "I can make you smile" category of cards! I love it! Your coloration is perfect. I love the shading and highlites. It is just such a welcoming card. Love the way you added a subtle sentiment.

    XO,
    Chris Christensen

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh now this card is stunning & such gorgeous image too...

    Thanks for joining us at Nutcrafters & good luck!!
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this cow too, your is awesome, I am glad you masked it that way as I was trying to do it the other way and failed. I love them together but I do not mask often either. You did a perfect job with it. Your Muu Muu is adorable and so sweet, love her.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you for making the comment about sad movies....my friends tease me because I avoid of sad movies/books/music/etc. I have noticed that as I have gotten older and lost people I love...the sad movies seem to hit me harder and really make me blue. I like to keep upbeat and so I avoid those things. Who needs to be sad?! Life already has its trials! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. hi Suzanne, i saw your blog and i loved it, i become your follower, hope to see mutch more of your lovely creaitons xx from Maris

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hey Suzanne! It seems like ages since I've stopped by for a visit. Your work is amazing, as always!! I still remember coming to your house for my first Copic lesson...and you told me I could learn how to do this! I tell ya, I think about that so often! Thanks for giving me the boost of confidence I needed to keep going!! You rock! Your card is just precious...what else is there to say but "stunning"! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sassy Cheryl's! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  30. OH MY WORD! That is the sweetest cow I've ever seen on a card and you've made me just want to hug it! Gorgeous card :) Thanks for playing along with The Sisterhood of Crafters' Going in Circles Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  31. OMG this is sooooooo darn cute!! love it all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fabulous card,and wonderful image, coloured perfectly and perfect for our four legged friends challenge at craft-room this fortnight. Thank you for sharing and good luck.

    Nikki DT

    ReplyDelete
  33. A brilliant card, I love the super cute cow. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hey Girlfriend!! Hope you're having fun on vacation.... I'm so behind on my blogs, I've been so busy with my mom and helping my cousin.

    Your card is absolutely adorable, have never seen a cow look so darn cute!! Your talent just blows me away, you are such the artist, Suzanne. No matter how much I practice, don't think I'll ever get to your level!! Your shading is perfection.......

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous card!
    Thanks for playing along with us at TOMIC challenge!
    Good Luck!
    Kianel & Magnolia DT.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Absolutely adorable :) A beautiful card :) I just love the cow and your colouring, and the heart & button together is so sweet. Lisbeth, Norway

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover