Thursday, February 23, 2012

Happy Like SunShine!!

Happy late Thursday my friends and a very sunny one it is here too! I am such a happy girl that we haven't had a terrible winter this year...its been so mild that I actually haven't worn my gloves/winter coats as much as usual. I think I wore them more in October and November than in Dec, Jan & Feb...and HEY I'm FINE with that, yes indeed-y!! And tonight I'm flying to Florida for a week...wahooo...80's down in the Naples area so that makes me an EXTRA-HAPPY gal! And I get to spend the week with my besties Pat Jaynes & Dana Shaw...now the 3 of us can get into some TROUBLE...and I know my sides will be hurting from laughing cuz' it never fails! So hopeful that we don't visit the local jail due to our hijinks and hope that we aren't fed to the gators down there either...we are going on an airboat ride in the Everglades and I ALREADY feel sorry for our boat captain...well I pity him actually cuz he has NO idea what he may be in for right? I am teaching on Saturday to sold-out classes in Bonita Springs at the Scrapbooks Etc store---so if you are in the area stop on by and say hi (and shop and hey get into some trouble with me too ok)! I KNOW y'all are dying to get into some trouble with me right? But HEY I can ASSURE you that's its always the fun kinda trouble...although my one friend says if I am put in jail I'll probably have all the inmates doing a sing-a-long and they are probably right.

So I won't be home until next Thursday so I have lots of time to play and have a mini-girls vacation....I'm so looking forward to it. Then I'll be home and gearing up for some fun releases coming from SCACD and Gina K and some top-secret newsies too. I will TRY, TRY, TRY to post some pics and blog antics for you while I'm gone. You can always keep track of me on Facebook or Twitter cuz I'm always posting on their while I'm traveling for sure.

NewsBitz:

-Mark your calendars for March 19th thru 24th cuz the Color Me Creative Classroom is having their 2nd Annual Birthday Bash!! We partied hard last year and this year it will be even bigger & better...so get ready for some fun games, puzzles, challenges and of course AWESOME prizes. We'll have two fun LIVE CHATs that week too and if you've been to some then you know we can get a bit rowdy but always a good time! So save the dates and see you there soon!

-the CMC Classroom's February Newsletter went out this week and if you didn't receive yours via email then you can see it HERE to catch up on all the going-ons over there!

-Also new registrations are up for my CMC Copic Classes on the Road including Charleston, WV / Montreal Canada / San Jose, CA / and the Baltimore, MD Retreat in May! I'd love to see you so head over to www.cmcroad.com for more info!


**************************************
Happy Like SunShine!!


Today I have a fun, cheery card for you that features one of those awesome Stampavie Sarah Kay stamps from 7 Kids College Fund...the collection isn't super new but you know I love my cats & dogs and I adore the retro style of these gals and so fun to color!  This one is called "Cherie & Her Best Friend Blondie" and you can see the rest HERE as well.  They are the "grown up" versions of Sarah Kay gals and perfect for teens and girlfriends.

I'm entering this into the following fab challenges:



I used some beautiful new papers from Teresa Collins called "Everyday Moments" and I love the brilliant navy blue and buttery yellows and fun patterns to boot!  The white border was made with my MS border punch and the white mat around the circle is a SB die.  The sentiment is by PTI "Handwritten Messages" I believe its called...cute sentiments written in the DT's handwriting.  A few layered Primas and some pearls finish it all off nicely.


She's colored with Copics B39,B37,B34,B21 / Y32,Y21,Y11,Y00,E35 / W5,W3,W1 and her hair stamps solid so I added my Black Copic Spica to it for some depth and sparkle.  As always I do my "faux airbrushing" with my fave tool the Inkssentials Blending Tool with Foam attachments---just pat it into any stamp pad (I use my SU pads) and swirl it softly on...every card I make uses it.



That's all for me tonight...I'm landing soon at Fort Meyers and my girlies are picking me up....hope to talk them into taking me for a snack cuz this girl is hungry LOL!  Talk with y'all later & have a great weekend!


19 comments:

  1. Have a great time and I love the card very much. What a Treat... I love Pat so I know you will have fun say hi for me.

    Hugs Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card. And of course your coloring is stunning! I'm so jealous!!!!!!!!!!! Love, love, love it Suzanne!
    Hope you have a safe and fun trip.
    Thanks for playing in the No Embossing challenge this week at Sassy Cheryl's. So glad you could join us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you will have a BALL and you so deserve it! Don't party too hard or you'll make yourself older in no time! Teehee! I'll be with you in spirit, 'cause I know I'll get the deets when you return!! ;D Great card, gf! Love the dp, colours, and of course the image and sentiment are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome coloring and layout.The card is gorgeous Suzanne. Thanks for playing the Sassy Cheryl's No Emboss Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Suzanne! Love the coloring, image and layout. You've got the whole package!
    Hugs,
    Marie XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card Suzanne.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, I LOVE this card....especially the timing since I spent last weekend with Teresa Collins taking a class using the Everyday Moments Collection at "the"Scrapbook store! Fell in love with this collection! As always your coloring is A M A Z I N G! Have a fun week!
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, I LOVE this card....especially the timing of it since I spent last weekend with Teresa Collins taking a class using the Everyday Moments Collection at "the" Scrapbook store! Fell in love with this collection! As always your coloring is A M A Z I N G! Have a fun week!
    Can't wait until April!

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have fun on your trip! That boat ride will be a blast. Just hope you don't make the captain laugh so hard that he falls in and leaves you stranded!! Anyway, great card. I am stoked because my friend Guylou and I are taking your class in Baltimore this May. She's coming all the way down from Toronto! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow and double wow! That card is just jaw-dropping stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the blues in this card. Have a safe and FUN trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card there my friend. Love the colors....Thanks for playing with us at going grey with scrap-creations

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the card and your coloring!!

    Stine :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not only the image is awesome, but with your lovely coloring that makes her looks ever cooler. Beautiful card :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover