Tuesday, October 4, 2011

You Skeeeered?!!

Hello my dear friends and a Happy Tuesday to ya!  It is STILL raining here in Virginia—I am so sick of the gray, come on!  I want some more sun & warmth before fall really comes into town---work with me Mother Nature ok!!

So I’m thrilled that soooooo many of you found my trip home from Ohio so funny-ha ha ha ha, NOT!  No just kidding, it WAS pretty funny and I still chuckle to myself when I think about certain parts (if you missed it, read below post lol).  A lot of you STILL said you’d want to travel with me but I’m not so sure you REALLY know what you might be committing yourself to LOL!

Ok so I want to talk skincare today with y’all!  I have been a skin-freak since I was 12 years old and started getting “TEEN” magazine.  I’ve always been obsessed with squeaky-clean, wrinkle-free skin and I’ve tried many things in my 37 years.  I also have sensitive skin so I have to be pretty careful with what I use and I use a lot of organic/natural products like Mineral Makeup (a faithful Bare Escentuals customer for 13 years) and Mario Badescu products.  I was wearing sunblock on my face/neck long before it was popular and I pride myself on not having very many wrinkles hee hee.  BUT I have a genetic problem (thanks Mom & Grandma) that terrorizes us all---I have deep set eyes and my upper eyelids, right under my brow are starting to droop and when I'm really tired I almost cannot open my eyes!  It’s a problem, I HATE it, it bothers me A LOT more than anything else and yes it is VAIN but I CANNOT help it LOL!  So I was actually researching non-surgical methods like botox and products the past 6 months to fix it.  I had researched Nu Skin quite a bit and when I went to the Women’s Show last month in Charlotte they had a booth and well I had to visit them. Of course I didn’t realize they were gonna take off all my makeup, arghhh (yeah thanks Pat - I'm still giving you the evil eye,lol) but they did and OMGoodness I loved the results this machine had in just one treatment.  I had heard so many good things about it but until I tried it I just wasn’t sure—and it had fabulous results on my friend Dana too.  So yep I bought the whole system and I’m gonna use it every Tuesday & Thursday and I will let you know how my results are in 3 months ok.  Apparently the gels you put on are charged when you use the machine and it breaks down the wrinkle enzyme we all have on our skin, it’s a lot of scientific stuff but you can read about the system HERE!  I am not a spokesperson for it LOL but I am a real-life user so I’ll let you know my opinion as you know I won’t hold back or lie about it LMBO!!  If it works then I will be thrilled cuz’ Botox was an option but not one that I really wanted to try—something weird about putting a known disease into your body KWIM? ucky!  And let’s see how I do with a machine that charges electrons and such---hopefully no weird incidents—I’ll be the first woman to be electrocuted by the machine LOL!

NewsBitz:

-Want to come take a class with me?  Cuz I’d love to see you!  I have classes coming soon in San Jose, CA / Waco, TX and Chicago and then that’s it for this year.  You can see more details at www.cmcroad.com !

-I have added some fabulous new ladies to my CMC Challenge DT and I’d love you to welcome them---see all these ladies bios/work HERE!  Also the new challenge is up at the CMC Challenge Group and it’s a fun one—everyone is welcome to join in!

-Books!!  My new Book Club pick is up at my BookEndz Group and its one of my all time favorite books—its not a new book but it is FANTASTIC!  It’s “The Mercy of Thin Air” by Ronlyn Domingue and perfect for October (no its not a scary read cuz I don’t do scary—read post below lol).  I read it about 9 years ago and it was a pick for my old book club and everyone loved it so I’m bringing it back LOL!  Right now I’m currently reading “Girls in White Dresses” by Jennifer Close and “The Explorers Code” by Kitty Pilgrim.

*********************************************************
Don’t be Skeered!!
P1120198_edited-1

Ok so I’m sharing a super fun project with you today, I had sooo much fun making this LOL!  For the Magnolia-licious DT Challenge, our lovely hostess Maureen Kuppe challenged us to a sketch, octagons and orange and fall/Halloween.  Well I got all of ‘em correct BUT the sketch LOL.  I SUCK at following sketches cuz I get an idea and it just goes to pot after that!  So I added an octagon in the sentiment so I tried hard LOL!  You can find all the challenge details at the Magnolia-licious Highlites Blog and see the DT’s projects too (yeah they followed the sketch hee hee).

I'm entering this into the following fun challenges:

Craft Your Passion (anything goes/ribbon)
Heart Song Inspirations (anything goes)
Make It Monday (anything goes)
Paper Creations Ink (black & orange)
Stamp With Fun (Halloween)
The Pink Elephant (Halloween)

P1120200_edited-1
For the background stamp “Haunted House”, which is from Alota Stamps, I embossed it in black Ep powder and then added some color with my old SU markers (Copics can sometimes make black ep bleed so beware).  I also added Stickles to the moon and windows for sparkle.  The black bats are made with a MS punch and the sentiment is from PTI.

P1120201_edited-1

I used this super cute “Brother & Sister” stamp from Magnolia-licious—I love them!  I thought they were PERFECT for this card, it looks like they are scared and he’s protecting her right?  I love to use stamps meant for other things for OTHER things LOL! (this stamp comes in mini form here too)  I colored them with Copics—B16,B13,Colorless / YR18,YR15,YR12,YR00 / E11,E00,R20 / YR24,YR20,E35 / E25,E31,E50 / C9,C7,C5,C3,C1.

That’s it for me today—I’m off to work on some magazine stuff and finish a few projects too!  Hope you have a fabulous, SUNNY DAY!!!



33 comments:

  1. What a lovely creepy card!!!

    I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzanne. I have just recently discovered your blog and web site while surfing for online copic classes...I am new to the copic addiction...lol. Love your style and thanks for all the links to stamps that I have never seen...very enabling.
    Keep up the good work!
    Do you teach any classes in your area?...I discovered you are just a hop, skip and a jump away from where I live.

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suzanne,
    the card is very cool.
    Love the colours. this house is amazing, very great scene have you created.
    have a lovely day!
    hug's
    Renkata

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your "system". Just be CAREFUL! I love this card. The way you left so much of the black and enhanced it with just a little bit of color. The little boy and girl are adorable.
    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you made these sweeties fit for the Halloween theme on your card!! Love this!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect backdrop for these cuties! Love the card Suzanne, it is adorable and certainly not scary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card. The background has really made these two look scared, yet they can look like best happy friends on other cards. Very clever.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg I love your card! Thank you so much for joining us this week for our "anything goes with a twist" challenge over at Craft Your Passion Challenges. I hope you have a great week and Good luck.

    Hugs
    Shannin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I love this!! Perfectly adorable! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card:) I love the black with color accents:) Thank you for Joining us for Anything goes with a Twist at Craft your Passion Challenges. Good Luck and Have a great week:)

    Melissa

    expressionwithearthspirit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowie, I do love this one!!! It's scary and sweet at the same time!
    hugs Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Following the sketch exactly or not, I love this card! Adorable way to use that image. Thanks for playing along at Heart Song Inspirations this week. Hope we see your delightful work often.
    NanaConnie HSI DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awe!! this is adorable, I love how Edwin is protecting sweet Tilda from the scene behind them. Fabulous card Suzanne.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is awesome Suzanne! You've chosen the perfect image for your card. Love the way you've done the house in black and white then coloured your Tilda and Edwin, really makes them pop!
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow stunning work as always!!!!! the house and the coloring are gorgeous!!!!!! Excellent work!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Suzanne, Love your blog I read it daily and your travel/life stories or incidents just crack me up!! Too funny.. Since your sharing your beauty regime, can you tell my what you are using to cleanse your face at night?? Just curious. Your skin just looks beautiful and flawless in all your photos.... Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the card, Suzanne! Really cute! Would be great for a boy or man, too! Which system are you using? I have the exact same eye problem as you do! Sometimes I can barely see my eyes!...Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your card, Suzanne! This card would be good for a boy or man as well! What System are you using? I have the exact same problem with my eyes as you do! Sometimes you can hardly see my eyes......! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cute card. I love your dissertation on your skin problems. I'll be following along to see how your machine works. I have a few wrinkles that I could get rid of.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's a really adorable stamp & I love how you used it.

    We actually had sun today in Ohio. Its coming your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You captured the essence of the challenge bootifully Suzanne. After your harrowing trip to nearly Canada I'm surprised you're even making cards...This is adorable, and it really shows the versatility of the Maggie images to fit in just about anywhere!!! This is so cute! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  22. I luuuuuv how you've used this image! I would have never seen them that way (being skerd) but it totally works. :) Love it! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a cute card. Love the way you colored it. And I read about your trip. I don't think I'm in for traveling with you. To scarey for me. LOL Edna

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, Suzanne...this card is SO cute!! I think you did a wonderful job. BTW, please don't electrocute yourself...I don't know what I would do w/o you, gf - I need that wonderful humor with you in good health - teehee!!
    Hugz2u!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  25. Truly a halloween masterpiece! LOVE THIS! :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous creation! Great background and I just love those cute little Magnolia people :) And your coloring is awesome! Thanks for joining our 'Black and/or Orange' challenge at Paper Creations Ink. Hugs from Finland, GDT Eemeli

    ReplyDelete
  27. Really cute card... having Tilda and Edwin in colour really makes them stand out, and I LOVE the bats. BTW, its as "sunny as" here in Western Australia :-) Heading for a too-hot summer, of course :-( Dee

    ReplyDelete
  28. This image is perfect for the Halloween card! As usual your creativity inspires me. You do amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Suzanne... Your card is absolutely adorable and your coloring is magnificent!!! Wowzers... you are awesome! Thank You for joining us at Paper Creations Ink!! Have a wonderful rest of the week!!! Happy Creating! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm back! I'm so glad you inked up at MIM! Thanks for joining us!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  31. cute card Suzanne, lovely, great colouring
    I'm glad you are joining our challenge this week
    hugs
    Miranda PCI DT

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is really beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Paper Creations Ink. Hugs, Julia-DT

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover